Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 30, 2007
What a great way to get probitics! It's really tasty and perks up my first glass of water for the day. The only drawback is that it's very expensive. You use 2 oz. a day, so a bottle lasts about a week. Also be VERY careful when you open it for the first time--crack it just a tad and make sure all of the air escapes before attempting to pour. It's really alive! My first time I had it all over the kitchen.
on April 23, 2010
I purchased Cocobiotic partly because it's hyped repeatedly in the promoter's book Body Ecology Diet. I also bought it based on the four glowing reviews I read here. The truth? It tastes interesting, a bit like champagne but without the buzz. But the claims of flattening your stomach aren't true.

Now I'm a thin person and in great physical shape, have always had a flat stomach until I developed an advanced case of candidiasis a year ago and nothing has been able to bring it all the way down to what it was. Not diet, not colonics, not even doing more stomach crunches. The distension can be very uncomfortable and although I'm following a strict candida diet (based on the advice in the BED), which is helping somewhat, I had hoped that this, what is almost being touted as a "miracle cure" would do the trick. It didn't. And it does not seem to be any better than taking probiotics or drinking regular kefir.

So why the steep price? $44 for 42 ounces of this stuff is highway robbery. I have seen this for $26 elsewhere on the web but even that's too much. But hey, don't take my word for it, buy it if you want to believe the hype and see for yourself. Don't say I didn't warn you.
1212 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 9, 2010
I want to try and write a fair, general review about the product. First, I'm happy to have the convenience of the product and grateful to Amazon for providing it.
I do have the Body Ecology book and am a believer in the importance of the probiotics.
Let me cover a few things that will hopefully be helpful.

Taste: taste wasn't an issue. I didn't buy this for a beverage. I bought it to take my daily shot of probiotics and reap the benefits. It tastes like sauerkraut-champagne and I don't mind. Certainly if you don't mind a shot of tequila or Jack, you can't complain about a shot of fizzy stuff that is actually doing you some good.

Cost: Well, if you spent the apprx $38 for the 42oz bottle and use the 2oz daily recommendations, it'll last three weeks at apprx $1.80 per shot. What do most people spend every day that probably offers little or no (healthful) benefit to them at all?
You can keep the cost down by making it yourself using BE's Kefir Starter kit or go online and research the 'how to's' of making Kombucha Tea or other fermented beverages. It can be time consuming but perhaps you'll enjoy it and make some friends along the way. (there are Kombucha groups, etc.)

Alternatives: You can purchase Cal Orey's book sold on Amazon about the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar and drink the recommended daily dosage and get some of the benefits from doing that. (regardless, I still recommend doing so). Although it doesn't give the probiotic benefit, you will definitely see the rewards of adding that regimen.
Then, when it is cost effective for you to do so, you can order a bottle of the BE Cocobiotic and this will help stretch the dollars. In this economy, we are looking for the greatest bang for the buck.

My overall review would be to say I'm very delighted with this product and am grateful for the quick convenience and instant benefit. I would recommend and I will be ordering again.

I have an ailing friend and today I will be bringing her a shot of this and let you know the result if it is noteworthy.

Hope this helps.
on March 20, 2008
I was skeptical at first-drinking 2 oz. a day because I fight fatigue. But after three weeks I noticed increased energy and stamina in my everyday chores. Plus I was even able to add a painting class to my evening hours. I love the taste. My body craves it in the morning.
on June 5, 2008
I had great results from Cocobiotic. Although the taste is a bit sour it's not so intense that it's undrinkable. I drink a cup in the morning and I'm set for the day. Really effective cleaning out my system. Especially some bloat around my stomach.
on October 23, 2010
I love this product. For me the taste is similar to kombucha (a little sour and fizzy), which I think is delicious. I'm really glad I stocked up on this stuff because it's been a great alternative to diet soda for a morning or afternoon boost. There's definitely happy, alive little cultures working in there that make my tummy feel great. Yes, unfortunately, I find the price to be ALMOST prohibitively expensive. Still, until I can find my own young coconuts to make kefir with, I'll be drinking this stuff to keep my energy up.
on March 5, 2016
Works for a Law Student under tons of stress prepping for bar exams and stuck sitting way too long! First thing I did was open the bottle and it sprayed all over the place. I was feeling not my normal self follow a Vegan style diet (I eat animal food now and again) no dairy but enjoy my adult beverage. This stuff immediately as in next day uplifted my sprits helped me let loose of a lot of toxins and absolutely does what it says. Yes to the others about it being in plastic but so is just about everything before we take it out of a package our entire homes including the raw lumber comes wrapped in plastic. Anyway if you can afford this stuff and can have a liter a day as I do to start things off then go down to the basic few ounces thereafter I see it as a plus. Other products I have tried not so much. Other than being in a tropical paradise like Costa Maya Mexico or Roatan Honduras actually eating raw green cocos this is the next best thing. WORKS for me. I only wish it was not so much loot but it is what it is.
on November 13, 2014
I love this product but unfortunately I don't buy it because it is in plastic :-(
on May 9, 2010
I look forward to my little glass of Cocobiotic each morning.... I could feel the difference since I have been using it.... I order one each month...a little pricey, but sooooo worth it!!!
on March 23, 2011
Three brilliant steps begin the b.e.d head first food is so um um good
Have a colonic after first week
Drink this and add to coconut water kefir and coconut "cheese" recipes

The rest is history face is glowing my stomach is happy and slim
My mind is positve and motivated