5.0 out of 5 stars Great information on a miracle product
As a child I spent several years in Asia. So I know that coconut is a great product. However, I was blissfully unaware of all its potential benefits.

Published on September 16, 2012 by Amanda Wade

3.0 out of 5 stars Good info, poor editing.
I really enjoyed all the good information in this book. Types of coconut oil, suggestions for cooking, and many, many ideas for external and medicinal use.
Published 21 months ago by J. Sandoval

5.0 out of 5 stars Great information on a miracle product, September 16, 2012
This review is from: Coconut Oil Cures (Miracle Healers From The Kitchen Book 2) (Kindle Edition)

Since reading the book, in addition to using virgin coconut oil for cooking I also began taking a tablespoon everyday. Within a few days my hands and feet were not as cold as they used to be. I also began feeling much more energetic.

Did you know that it can also be used in place of the usual chemical laden deodorant? Well the author provides the recipe. I must admit that I have not tried it yet. If my experience with ingesting coconut oil is anything to go by I am sure that it will work just as well.

Recommended Buy and use it diligently as advised.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good info, poor editing., April 20, 2013
What I don't like is the repetitiveness. If it was better organized, it wouldn't be so annoying to come across the same info again and AGAIN! Yes, the use of coconut oil crosses over into many different areas, some uses being similar to other uses. But group them, and stick to that topic in that section. I felt like it was going to take FOREVER to get through this book. Would I learn anything new toward the end, or would it just repeat again???
There was a lot of good info toward the end, so I'm glad I hung in there. But boy was it frustrating!
In conclusion... Don't skip this book just b/c of the bad editing. If you're at all interested in understanding the many uses of coconut oil, dive in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots that I didn't know, September 14, 2012
LizC (Australia) - See all my reviews
I went to a health retreat in Thailand last year and for week had a table spoon of coconut oil every day - without knowing why.
Everyone there was saying it is a wonder cure but until I read this book, I didn't appreciate the value of coconut oil.
This is a very extensive book and covers health, weight loss, using it in the home and more. There were lots of things about using, and benefits of, coconut oil that I just didn't know.
This book is a very useful introduction to the topic.

5.0 out of 5 stars So much great info!, September 10, 2012
I really learned a lot from this book. I originally picked it up because I've been wanting to figure out some good treatments for my hair and skin.

I actually had no idea that there were so many additional health benefits for including coconut oil in your diet.

The book is well organized and the information is very complete. I especially appreciated the section that included recipes and uses of the oil that I had never even considered. Very well done!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really opened my eyes...., August 26, 2012
By an odd chain of events I ended up buying this book and it sat a while before I opened it... now having read it, I wish I did sooner. Because of this book, I was educated, surprised, and now sold on the amazing potentials of coconut oil!

I was really shocked how much coconut oil can do to improve our lives. From weight loss to cholesterol, and from teeth to hair, acne, etc. etc.. If you're not familiar with the benefits of coconut oil, and more importantly, if you ARE... you should buy this book. There's uses, "how to's", and scientific proof to backup every point the author makes. It's a must-read for everyone who is health conscious... you'll find it hard to put down as you discover just how much this stuff can do!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, who knew coconut oil had so many uses, September 13, 2012
JP (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I've heard of and used coconut oil for a few uses, like skin or for cooking, but I had no idea it really had SO many uses; especially its healing powers. The author lists at least a couple dozen uses as a health cure. For everything from weight loss, diabetes, Alzheimer's, cancers, even help the common cold. It's practically a cure all for everything. I remember my dad would use it for sunburns and rashes. Apparently it is good for many skin ailments as well as making the hair silky soft.

There is so much information in this short book that I will be re-reading it a few times, I'm sure. I appreciated the last chapter on Scientific Evidence, listing the many sources referred to in this book. Some things were the author's own experience, many are based on scientific fact. Nice to know.

Really nicely done book, with a multitude of useful ideas to help all of us in many, many ways. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking Coconut Cures!, August 30, 2012
D. C. Wiggs (London, England) - See all my reviews
I must admit I'm not generally a fan of this kind of book, as more often than not they are just cobbled together ideas with no scientific backing at all. But thankfully Sharon's book is not like that at all. It's well researched, well written and includes plenty of scientific explanations and examples of an incredibly varied amount of cures and solutions to every day conditions that coconut oil can remedy. Interesting and a helpful addition to the home remedy library.

2.0 out of 5 stars Coconut oil Cures, January 20, 2013
This book praises the use of coconut oil and that is good. The exact how for the most part not disclosed. It refers you to other periodicals for specific information. I gave it only two stars because of this. It was a very short introduction to its cures.

2.0 out of 5 stars Informative, June 15, 2013
Denise D. Ory (new orleans, la.) - See all my reviews
Don't know what I was expecting but in my opinion it came up short. I personally need more specifics in remedy form.

4.0 out of 5 stars Who knew?, February 26, 2013
I had no idea that coconut oil had so many uses... I am 68 yrs old and have been using it on my skin for several weeks. I am a convert...