5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for low carb/high fat diets
If you are practicing any type of low carb diet (keto, atkins, etc), this is THE perfect milk substitute.

Published on October 7, 2011 by KetogenicDeadlifter

1.0 out of 5 stars fillers and water....
Published on December 22, 2012 by E. Vaught

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for low carb/high fat diets, October 7, 2011
This review is from: Coconut Dream Enriched Coconut Drink, Unsweetened Original, 32 Ounce (Pack of 12) (Grocery)

This is higher in fat than unsweetened almond milk, with a lower carbohydrate profile (if I remember correctly, it's 1 gram per serving). Another nice thing about this product, is that they are generous with their labled serving sizes. The label says 4 servings per box but I get about 6.

Since it's coconut based, it is packed with medium-chain fatty acids and has a sweet tropical taste. Also can be stored without refrigeration until opened.

I personally prefer this over all other milk substitutes.

The per unit price seems a bit high considering you have to buy 12 at once, but very few stores carry the unsweetened variety (which is crucial to keto'ers) so I guess it's a supply/demand thing.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most delicious milk alternative! (But look for the best price.), November 1, 2011
This is not only the most delicious coconut drink on the market but also the most delicious and addictive of any milk alternative. The "original" flavour is just the right level of sweetness -- and it is far tastier than the "unsweetened" and "vanilla" options. This product is a treat to have in cereal or to drink on its own.

BUT (double-underlined!) you should NOT be paying $4.00/carton for Coconut Dream. Even at my over-priced local grocery store, this product sells for $3.59. So unless it's worth it to you to pay a premium to have 12 cartons delivered to your home all at once, I would suggest looking elsewhere.

I hope that other companies will begin to ship Coconut Dream through Amazon, thereby making the price more competitive.

UPDATE (Jan. 13): It looks like the price has gone way down since I posted my original review. Let's hope it stays low!

4.0 out of 5 stars Trader Joe, April 3, 2013
Trader Joe's sells this 32 ounce coconut milk for $1.99 each. This Amazon price is a bit higher at $2.79 per, especially buying in bulk, as opposed to $2.13 per with NJ tax. Come on Amazon, you can do better with supplier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Tasting Coconut Drink, September 18, 2011
Tried them all - this tastes the best - got the Chefs Best Award - and it lives up to that. Great for drinking by the glass or even in recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh, creamy and tasty!, November 5, 2012
I've been making the rounds of taste testing all the coconut milk substitutes on the market in the past 2 months. I honestly like this one the best...it's a bit creamier and slightly more sweet. It makes a satisfying cup.
I have also experimented with cooking with various brands, and I like how Coconut Dream results in a thicker texture for soups, smoothies, puddings, toppings, sauces, pancakes/waffles.
I will be buying it here...since it was a much better deal than in local natural food stores (unless I find a sale). It was delivered at top speed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Creamy and Tasty, November 25, 2012
Excellent deal. Most of the coconut milks I've tried are watery, but this one was creamy and pretty much the same consistency as real milk. I actually like this coconut milk more then I do real milk....and it's better for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this stuff!, June 7, 2013
My husband is lactose intolerant so this makes for a nice dairy substitution. Much better price when buying as a multi-pack, than for what I can get them in any local stores in my area of the country. I should mention however that this product will not work with instant pudding mixes, believe me, we tried and it won't firm up. We use this without other flavorings, just plain, and add it to shakes, cereal, soups and other recipes and have had great success. It has a delicate coconut flavor and is not the same consistency as canned coconut milk with the creamy fats near the surface, so if you're looking for a more dense ingredient for sauces and velvety thai soups you may not like this for that. It's also not a good replacement for half n half in coffee or tea, as it just doesn't have enough thickness to serve as a substitute in that regard. But for general drinking purposes, it's a keeper! We have re ordered this on several occasions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good., March 29, 2013
Use this product in my smoothies and like what it adds so that I don't have to use milk. Product has less than a gram of sugar. I am diabetic so it's a plus. Will but again if I ever run out of these. Lots for the $$.

1.0 out of 5 stars fillers and water...., December 22, 2012
I bought this hoping to have something low carb and delicious. Yuk. It is watered down coconut milk, and way overpriced for that. It was the last ditch effort for something quick in a box. Now we make our own with 1 can of full fat coconut milk (with no fillers), 3-5 tablespoons of extra smooth almond butter, 2-4 cans of hot water(depends on how rich you want it), and blend in a blender. Add your own sweeteners/flavors to taste... Using less water, this recipe is a great creamer for coffee. Either cool down on own or add ice/blend to cool down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, February 17, 2013
I started on coconut milk recently because JJ Virgin of the Virgin Diet recommends it. Well the brand she endorses is ridiculously expensive. I got this instead and love it. Very good. Use with Bullet blender / smoothies.