Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: 1 Pack|Change

on November 16, 2010
This is an amazing find. It tastes like brown sugar, but even better.

It doesn't seem to affect my blood sugar levels too much, and it seems to even boost my real energy levels.

That is because it has minerals, 17 amino acids, B vitamins, and Vitamin C in it. It is not processed, which is why it is so good overall, I think.
on February 17, 2011
I discovered this at Whole Foods, while looking for a better-tasting natural sweetener than stevia. After using this for one day, I threw out my box of bitter stevia. It's delicious! I've had it in my dark chocolate cocoa, and in tea. I haven't baked with it yet, but I intend to. $10 for 12 ounces seems expensive, but I've been using less than half a teaspoon to sweeten my drinks. Very happy to have found this raw, organic, low GI, gluten-free, vegan product!
on February 13, 2012
It has a really nice sweetness by itself and leaves no aftertaste. I got it mainly for my coffee and I like the fact that it is raw and nutritious; however, the heat of the coffee will destroy any live enzymes present.

I gave it 3 stars because (1) it is rather clumped up in the container, although it does dissolve rather nicely. (2)And, although it is nicely sweet, I have to use 2 to 3 teaspoons of it in 10 oz of coffee rather than the 1 teaspoon I was using with my regular organic sugar. (3) It is rather "heavy" and somewhat cocoa tasting, although not offensive.

I have also tried Sweetleaf stevia with the coffee but did not like it and this sweetener is much better.

Still, I will try another palm sweetener the next time I order.....Navitas looks pretty good.

UPDATE 02/14/2012: Although I do not care to use it with my coffee, I am going to upgrade it to 4 stars because I have found it is very good with plain, Greek yogurt, cold cereal and oatmeal...and, dissolves very well in all 3.
on December 28, 2010
I was startled at how excellent a product Coconut Secret really is. I have been using artificial sweeteners for coffee for decades and was utterly delighted to discover a low-glycemic, natural product that works better than anything artificial and has its own exquisite taste. A great product.
on June 11, 2011
I bought this one day while looking in the sugar and alternatives to sugar section. I was impressed that it was natural, unprocessed, low on the glycemic index, and that the make-up of it was much lower in sucrose and fructose than other alternatives. So, I thought I'll give it a whirl. So far, I've used it to make two batches of cookies. Those cookies were delicious! I haven't really tried it in anything else. It is true that it is pricey, but it might discourage me from excessively making deserts ;o)
on November 3, 2011
I purchased this for the first time and am very satisfied with the product and taste. It is a wonderful substitute for sugar in my coffee and cereal. I have gotten used to using no sugar so this is a treat. One tablespoon is 30 calories but I don't use more than a teaspoon. If it is really low glycemic that is a huge advantage for all those who suffer with diabetes. I highly recommend trying this.
on May 20, 2011
I bought a canister of this sugar yesterday along with some of the coconut nectar. It is wonderful stuff. It has a caramelish butterscotchy flavor but it isn't at all bitter. There are two things against it--the higher price (which limits how much I use and that might be a good thing) and the fact that it is so yummy I want to eat it plain by the spoonful. I haven't mixed it with anything yet but I can't imagine it would change a flavor in an adverse way. It should only make it better.
on October 19, 2011
I've been wanting to stop using sweetener in my coffee, but haven't been able to make the plunge back to sugar. I was watching Dr Oz and he recommended coconut sap sugar and Madhava Organic Agave Nectar - Light, 46-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2) so I tried both. I actually like both of them! I can't decide which is better. My husband uses half sugar and half coffee - so I was hoping this would be good for him since the Agave nectar makes his coffee taste like honey with the amount he feels he has to use...this container is pretty small to keep up with his coffee habit! It would be great if we could purchase this in larger quantities! I will purchase again.
on April 28, 2011
The product is wonderful, however, I did find it in a local store for the same price (minus shipping!!), and so will buy it there in the future.
on October 24, 2012
Passing time browsing through my Amazon Recommendations, I saw this offered. I'd never heard of it, but it sounded like a healthy alternative to any form of sugar I have been using. It just arrived about a half hour ago and I couldn't wait to open it and check it out.

It has smaller grains than sugar or salt, and the color is a rich amber. But the taste... O. M. G. This, is amazing. I am so impressed with this product. I can foresee replacing all other types of sugar in this house in the near future. Thank you Coconut Secret, and Thank you Amazon for recommending this product for me. It's exceptional in so many ways. Ok, I'll stop now... :)