Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Coconut Secret Organic Raw Coconut Aminos Soy-Free Seasoning Sauce-8 Oz
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon March 5, 2011
Our daughter was diagnosed with allergies to Gluten, Casein & Soy when she was 18 months old. Unfortunately, one of her favorite food treats was rice with soy sauce. We tried making all kinds of alternative soy sauces using recipes we found online that met her allergy restrictions and nothing appealed to her taste buds. Finally, one day we accidentally found Coconut Aminos!! This has been a lifesaver! We love the product, and unlike another reviewer, we DO use it for fried rice...we just add fish sauce to offset the sweetness. We don't have any other option for soy sauce, and it works great!

The only thing we do NOT like about this product is that it has a bit of an effervescent quality to it...MANY bottles that we have purchased have burst and leaked. Also, it is a mess to pour. I asked the company if it would harm the product at all to put it in a soy sauce type dispenser bottle and they "didn't think so." LOL We tried it and have not noticed a quality difference, so that is how we use it now...from a spouted dispenser.

We feel very blessed to have found this (luckily we stumbled upon it early in her diet and she is now 3...so we have used it for 18 months or so...
88 comments|234 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2012
I rarely write a review, but the packaging on this product is absolutely terrible. It's a great product, and a tasty alternative to soy, but at this price, you should receive a full bottle. Each time I order the seal on the bottle has leaked and coconut aminos are EVERYWHERE inside the package. The last time more than half the bottle was gone. Completely unacceptable. Amazon, get this seller/manufacturer to improve the bottle seal or remove it from your store! Not up to standard!
77 comments|334 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 12, 2012
I should have heeded the warning from the other reviewers who mentioned leaking. The defective seal on the lid allowed half of the liquid to leak out in the envelope it was wrapped in and into the box. What a mess!
0Comment|127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 30, 2010
Congratulations to the folks at Coconut Secret for offering an alternative to soy sauce, tamari and Bragg's. Those who are allergic to soy, like my husband, or just prefer to avoid soy will be thrilled to be able to enjoy sushi and other Asian dishes again. A little bit sweeter than the typical soy products and rather pricey, but the possibilities outweigh the downsides.
33 comments|94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2011
This is the healthiest low-sodium alternative to soy sauce or Bragg Liquid Aminos. It tastes great but can be spendy if you order it through Amazon. However, it is usually less than $6 a bottle at most "Whole Foods Markets" and even less expensive if you are lucky enought to live in Portland, OR, and shop at one of the 10 "New Seasons Markets" in the area. The best grocery chain on this planet! And I don't even work there.)
on May 15, 2012
The first bottle leaked all over the inside of the UPS truck, and the replacement bottle leaked inside the box. All together, I ended up with about one full bottle's worth of this product. It is delicious and makes a good soy sauce replacement. The fizzy nature, however, makes it difficult to ship. Be prepared to ask for a refund and get a partial bottle of coconut aminos.
on April 8, 2013
The package says that you do not need to refrigerate this product but after about 2 weeks we found something that looked like mold growing on top of the liquid. I am not sure if this was just a bad batch or what happened but I am hesitant to buy any more for fear that the same thing will happen again.
88 comments|36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2010
I love coconut aminos! If you love asian cooking and cannot eat soy, this is a lifesaver. It is definitely sweeter than regular soy sauce, so I don't love it in fried rice, but it goes very nicely in stir fries or teriyaki based marinades and sauces. It is SO NICE to be able to eat asian food again! I wish it came in a larger bottle or in bulk quantities because it is so expensive!
33 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2012
I was pretty bummed when I had to go on a soy and gluten free diet. I like eating sushi and making many stir fry type meals. I got really excited when I found this product. So far it has delivered what I was looking for. Like others have said this is a great alternative with a hint of sweetness. In some ways its better than soy because it is lower in sodium.
on May 1, 2012
I have tried twice to order this product. Both times Amazon packaging was perfect, but the manufactures seal on the bottle was bad. The seal was still intact both times, but the liquid had still leaked out leaving quite a mess when I opened the package. So I don't know much about trying the aminos themselves as I haven't got to use them. Not ordering again, will try to find in store.