Top positive review
195 of 197 people found this helpful
on June 23, 2012
This is the second time I've ordered this coconut flour. It's great to bake with. This is my favorite recipe to make with it. I have also used this basic recipe and leave out the chocolate and make a raspberry zinger like cake by spreading sugar free raspberry jam on top of the cake batter and sprinkling unsweetened coconut flakes on top before baking. I buy most of my baking supplies at Netrition because it's cheaper and only costs four ninety five for shipping no matter how much you buy. Here's the recipe for the coconut cake. I use 3 eggs and a little more coconut milk and use whatever sugar substitute you like. I use a mix of liquid splenda, erythritol and stevia extract.
Chocolate Almond Joy Cake
¾ cup canned coconut milk
2 teaspoons almond extract
¾ cup coconut palm sugar
½ cup blanched almond flour
½ cup coconut flour
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
1 bar of 72% chopped dark chocolate
1. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut milk, almond extract and palm sugar with a mixer.
2. In a smaller bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt and baking soda.
3. Slowly add dry ingredients into wet with a mixer.
4. Stir in ½ cup of the chocolate chips.
5. Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish.
6. Pour batter into dish, then sprinkle shredded coconut and remaining chocolate chips on top.
7. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. (Enjoy the smell of toasted coconut wafting through the house!)
8. Cool for 1 hour.