5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious and Nutritious
Published on April 5, 2011 by Shay

2.0 out of 5 stars Coconut Secret Raw Nectar
I bought this product to have as a replacement for sugar. I am diabetic and I was looking for something that would not raise my blood sugar. This product raised my blood sugar higher than regular sugar. It has a sweet maple,rich and creamy taste.
Published 24 months ago by Belinda

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious and Nutritious, April 5, 2011
Shay (Brooklyn, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Nectar -- 12 fl oz (Grocery)
This product is made from coconut sap, yum! Nice flavor too, it taste a bit like maple syrup with a hint of vanilla. The consistency is like a very thick molasses, but the thickness is not an issue when using it to cook with. Coconut necter is delicious in smoothies, on oatmeal and also mixed in with peanut butter for an extra energy boost. Good quality nutrient content, low GI of 35 and is gluten free.
Nitrogen (N)
Iron (Fe)
21.9

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent unrefined sweetner; Pricey, January 21, 2011
This review is from: Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Nectar -- 12 fl oz (Grocery)
I have been in search of an unrefined sweetener to replace agave sweetener (for my baby's nut milk - dairy intolerance). I did the research, and this is it. The health benefits are fantastic. However, the price is so high I will unfortunately have to go back to raw agave sweetener. *please note my edit below* The taste is very similar to agave, a little less sweet, leans toward maple syrup but not as rich (a bonus in my book). My 3 year old and 1 year old both like the nut milk sweetened this way. Other down side, it takes almost twice as much as the agave to sweeten appropriately, though I haven't used for anything but nut milk. I think it's significantly better than brown rice syrup. If you have the money to support the "habit," this is definitely the real deal.

EDITED 11/4/12 Someone posted a few links in the comments section with more concrete information about agave that has finally convinced me of the dangers of even the raw. I still stand by the good things in this Coconut Secret coconut nectar, and ironically, my husband got a better job and I've been buying this for the last couple months anyway. And as far as needing more of this product than agave for sweetness, we've been adjusting to it and find we enjoy it less sweet and do a one for one conversion in recipes. Am about to try making homemade marshmallows with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for!, March 16, 2012
This review is from: Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Nectar -- 12 fl oz (Grocery)
I needed to severely cut down on my sugar intake, and also want to stay away from artificial/chemical sweeteners. Stevia is ok but still gives me that aftertaste that I don't find appealing. It's good for some things, but not everything. This product is amazing! I'm so glad to have found something that is sold in its natural, organic, raw state that is low-glycemic and actually good for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Delicious!, November 3, 2011
This review is from: Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Nectar -- 12 fl oz (Grocery)
I have to ignore my coconut nectar in the cabinet. It is wonderful! I have been known to eat it by the spoonful all by itself. I'm still on the first bottle (I have more), so my ignorance is proven to be valuable. The next batch of fudge I make will be sweetened with this. YUM-ALICIOUS!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Coconut Sweetner, June 24, 2012
This review is from: Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Nectar -- 12 fl oz (Grocery)
I totally love this product and use it in place of sugar or honey or syrup on cereals, waffles, and desserts. I like it above Stevia which sometimes can leave a bitter taste. Coconut Secret remains sweet. It was created for diabetic use, having a low glycemic index. It's actually made from the flowers of the tree rather than the coconuts themselves - just a great and tasty product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Coconut Secret Raw Nectar, December 27, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, January 5, 2012
This review is from: Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Nectar -- 12 fl oz (Grocery)
Looking for a natural alternative and found this stuff. Works great to sweeten tea, kind of disappears in coffee. Still playing with it. Worth the buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very unique, February 1, 2013
This review is from: Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Nectar -- 12 fl oz (Grocery)
I was expecting this to taste like coconut sugar but it has its own flavor that is hard to compare to anything else. It doesn't taste like maple syrup or any kind of honey that I have tried. It has an interesting bite to it that made me think of ginger, and also gave me an idea for using it later on for Asian inspired sauces.

However, I did not like it in my tea or coffee. I made the typical scrunchy-faced expression when I attempted to drink anything that I had sweetened with it. I don't know why, but it just didn't work for me when it came to my tea and coffee.

So, what did I use it for? Oatmeal! I was upset and thought that this coconut sap would sit on a shelf and become money wasted until I decided to make oatmeal and used it to sweeten my steel-cut oats. I was so surprised when I tasted it. It was like a completely different flavor. It was better than any honey or maple syrup that could've gone into that oatmeal.

Strange, since I told myself I'll never purchase it again until I ate that bowl of oatmeal.

I suggest buying this for some hot breakfast dishes like oatmeal, and MAYBE you will enjoy it in tea or coffee. I didn't, but I found great uses for it and I'll definitely be buying more soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars coconut nectar, March 15, 2012
This review is from: Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Nectar -- 12 fl oz (Grocery)
Coconut nectar ia a great substitute for "bad sugars". I use it in baking because of its low glycemic index. Look for receipes on line for this product & try it, you will not be disappointed. I made apple muffins with raisins that turned out great. Just one of the many things that I use it for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful nectar and substitute for honey, agave, or maple syrup, May 24, 2012
This review is from: Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Nectar -- 12 fl oz (Grocery)
This coconut nectar is delicious and has a unique tasty flavor. I am a type II diabetic and the coconut nectar does not raise my blood sugar at all. I am using this as a sweetner in baked goods, as a syrup on gluten free almond and coconut flour pancakes and waffles, as a dressing for fruit salad,sweetner in whipped cream and homemade cheesecake. I also used this along with Coconut Secret's Coconut Aminos in making homemade ketchup and barbeque sauce. The flavor of the coconut nectar really enhances both.

I only wish it came in a discounted 4 or 6 pack or a bigger bottle. It can be a bit pricey. That being said, a little goes a long way for sweetner. I also use coconut palm sugar regularly for baked goods but I find the flavor of this raw coconut nectar much more flavorful and the texture of the baked goods more moist.

Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Nectar -- 12 fl oz