4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight and comfortable
Published on November 27, 2010 by amar

3.0 out of 5 stars Not true to color
These boots are comfortable but they are pretty fake looking. I bought the dark brown and they are very, very light except the toe, which is reverse of what natural wear would look like. They seem to be made of a foamy material that reminds me of vinyl car seats.
Published on July 6, 2011 by mountaingirl

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight and comfortable, November 27, 2010
This review is from: Coconuts By Matisse Women's Gaucho Boot (Apparel)
I rarely buy footwear online as I usually need to try them on but I took a chance because I had a gift card to redeem. I wear a size 8 boot and hoped these boots were true to size. I was happy that they fit perfectly. It took only two wears to break them in. They are lightweight and comfortable and easy to put on and take off. I ordered them in burgundy which is a nice color for boots. You can't tell they're not real leather unless you get real close or touch them. The workmanship is very good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not true to color, July 6, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% satisfied, January 22, 2012
First time ever ordering shoes on Amazon and to my surprise these not only fit PERFECTLY but look exactly as they do in the pic. I took everyone else's advice and ordered a half size smaller and they are awesome and really comfy. I wear a 9 and a half tennis shoe and ordered a 9 in the boots. Highly recommend these!

4.0 out of 5 stars These Boots Run Large, March 30, 2011
This review is from: Coconuts By Matisse Women's Gaucho Boot (Apparel)
These boots run very big. I would order an entire size down. I am normally a 6/6.5 so I ordered the 6.5 to be on the safe side and my feet were swimming in the boots. The boots look great and are very cute. Once I receive the right size they will be the perfect boot to wear with my skirts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of compliments!, March 9, 2012
This review is from: Coconuts By Matisse Women's Gaucho Boot (Apparel)
I bought the tan boots and here's what you want to know:
- great durability (I've walked in a down pour with these and they still look good)
- comfortable!!!! I'm so picky when it comes to comfort in shoes but these are excellent. I go to a HUGE university where on average I walk 15-20 mins to get to EACH class and my feet never complained when I wear these boots!
- looks great: I get compliments every time I wear them, sometimes twice from the same person who already knows they told me they loved them
- true to size (I'm an 8 wide and the normal size 8 is roomy enough that my feet stay comfy)
- very reasonable price: these boots hit around 60 which is a steal compared to real cowboys boot that can be 400+

The only somewhat negatives I would have to say is that I'm afraid the wooden soles might break. The corners of the heal have chipped away a little but 4 months later they are still holding up fine even through rain and gross bars! If any of you have gone out in your nice leather boots will understand what typical happens... These boots are alcohol proof!!

Just buy them.

5.0 out of 5 stars IT'S TRUE, THEY RUN BIG AND WIDE!, July 24, 2012
This review is from: Coconuts By Matisse Women's Gaucho Boot (Apparel)
ladies, listen to the other reviews about these boots being either true to size, or running wide and big, it's TRUE. when i order boots, i order a size 10. my shoe size is right around 9, high heels a 9 1/2. i read the reviews about them running big and wide/true to size, and thought, wellllll.....i have a pair from a different site in a size 10 with a pinch of extra room, i'll order these in a 9 1/2 just to be safe...should have ordered a flippin' 8 1/2! and i have very wide feet and long toes. (i posted pictures, too for you all) even with as wide as my feet are, i STILL have room on the sides of the boots. the widest part of my foot doesn't even touch the sides. if i could do it again, i'd order at LEAST a 9, and i'd still have room. even wearing socks with these boots doesn't make a difference. they are however, VERY cute. the picture shown is darker than what is delivered to you though; they're much lighter in person. i still really like them though, they're cute, and well made. not real leather of course, but still pretty darn durable. but please, order at least a size down. i hope this helps!! be sure to check out the pictures for a better idea! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Owned for 9 Months so Far, December 4, 2013
Based on previous reviews, I bought these shoes a whole size smaller than I normally wear (usually I'm a 10 in boots, but I bought these in 9). They fit great, and after wearing them at least 4 times a week for the past 9 months, they're holding up pretty well! Very satisfied, and I will definitely by another pair when these ones wear out (I think they'll last at least another 3 months).

5.0 out of 5 stars So happy to have these!, December 3, 2012
This review is from: Coconuts By Matisse Women's Gaucho Boot (Apparel)
I bought these online from Beall's in the tan/turquoise combo and with coupons/promotions I got them for $27.00! After reading all the reviews I could find, I ordered them in a 7 (I usually wear a 6 1/2 for shoes and a 6 1/2 or 7 for boots). I did not have the problem some reviewers noted with difficulty getting them pulled on and off, maybe since I went to the higher end of my size range. They look nicely weathered or distressed and were comfy from the moment I put them on. I'd say go for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, November 15, 2011
B. Yoder (Klamath Falls, Oregon) - See all my reviews
Super cute and inexpensive, got these for my EXTREMELY picky preteen for Christmas. I think she is going to love them! They look pretty vintage in person, and I plan on spiffing them up with some Dr. Martens wonder shoe Balsam.

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., August 2, 2014
I didn't buy these boots off of Amazon (bought them in a store today). I have small feet (size 5.5) so finding any shoe to fit me is a challenge. I work with horses and ordered an actual pair of boots from a tack room, but they wont be here for another 2 weeks, so i needed a pair of boots that would get the job done for the time being, so I bought these guys. I bought a size 6, and if I wear them with a pair of socks, they fit fine. Style wise, they're great. The heel ain't too tall, kinda have a vintage look to them, and they're not the typical looking boot. Work wise... Well, they get the job done. Not much protection in the toe area, the bottom sole part is rubber, not wood, and same goes for the heel. I paid $40, so I wasn't expecting them to be Ariats or Lucchesse.

Also, the inside is lined with a velvet-y type material. I didn't think I'd like it at first, but it is actually pretty dang comfy.

Coconuts By Matisse Women's Gaucho Boot