Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Color: Red|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon February 22, 2013
This is my video review on the Cocoon GRID-IT organizer. I use mine mostly for travel and I really like it! Lots of options for adding all your little knick-knacks with many layers of elastic straps embedded with rubber dots to keep things put.
review image
55 comments|314 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 9, 2011
I slip this thing in and out of my briefcase three to four times a day, sometimes its charger, my leatherman, a spare set of headphones for wife. All of a sudden all of my little extras have a home, and it has impacted my life in a significant way. My hair has gotten thicker, and more luscious since I bought his product, it is that good.

For a while I had a portable hard drive in the middle of it (2.5" 1TB), and it held in there day in and day out. It had to make way for things like scissors, and a mini-stapler. man i love that mini-stapler.

If you want to get organized, buy this product. At the very least you will look the part.
66 comments|357 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2010
I'm a knitter and usually the first ten minutes of knit time is spent untangling balls of yarn from each other. Now I can slip the yarn project, needles, cable needles, pencils, instructions, and what-have-you into the cocoon. Now when I sit down to knit all I have to do is pull out the cocoon and I'm ready to start knitting. Yay!
0Comment|111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2011
This product is a very clever and useful item making organization simple and easy. Instead of having a pile of crap I have to sort through in my laptop case, I can now pull this out and take off what I need, instead of digging for gold everytime I need something. The size is perfect for my laptop bag, they have several sizes so be sure to measure and make sure of the size you need. My one piece of advice is make sure the items you put on here are TIGHT, it took me a while to realize the items have to be super tight or they get knocked off as you are taking the coccoon in and out of the bag. I was trying to be careful not to break the bands but don't worry they will take it, just get it tight!
on October 20, 2010
After reading a review I wasn't sure if this thing was going to workout, but I threw the dice. I must say I am happy with my purchase. I put all stuff that was in the various pockets of my backpack in/on the Cocoon and it slides right in the notebook slot in the pack. Big question when originally ordering was what size to get. The 12x8 is a good size to start with.
0Comment|88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2011
Like this product alot. Some have been put off by the weight (approx 300gms empty) but I think this is a credit to the materials used in it's construction. No sign of the straps going slack yet. I can keep all of my laptop essentials in one, easy to grab, place. Just chuck it in my laptop bag and go. Nothing has fallen off yet despite vigorous shake tests so I'm happy. Bought another two sizes for different uses. Only the price loses it a star being a little steep (especially adding UK shipping) but I'm still happy with it given how well it solves an annoying problem.
review image review image
on August 2, 2011
Very useful organizational item. I would buy more as needed. I use one in my briefcase and one with my laptop. Only minor drawback would be zippered pouch on back- a bit flimsy so don't overload.
on March 26, 2011
Te grid itself is great, but after 3 months the seam on the back ripped. I am waiting to hear from the Customer service what to do.
on October 5, 2012
If I wanted something for packing in a suitcase, this would be great. It's not so good for a backpack, since there is nothing to protect your items from contact with whatever else you've got in there.
on June 19, 2015
I'd been struggling with the number of chargers, cables, etc. I carry in my computer/messenger bag. I was using an old zippered pouch, but this lead to two problems:

1. A jumble and tangle of cables and charges - if I just needed a cable, have to dig for the right one. In other words, annoying to get anything out without unpacking the whole thing.
2. A big bulge in my messenger back - since everything settles in the pouch, it results in a wide bag that is more annoying to deal with on airplanes, etc. (and also less comfortable to carry).

After spending way too much time researching (for such an inexpensive item), I ordered this one. (I probably could have gone one size larger since I'm carrying around a 15" MacBook Pro, but thought I'd start with this one.)

I commonly carry:

MacBook charger.
4 port USB charger and its power cable.
2 iOS Lightning Cables
1 Mini-USB charging cable
Zagg 2 port batter pack
Jockery battery pack
SanDisk Wireless Connect USB drive

Can't have too much power on long flights when the plane doesn't have outlets - for shorter trips, I usually leave some of this at home - but may not anymore.

All of these items fit neatly into the Grid-It and I can grab items from the top row (e.g., MacBook charger) without even removing it from my bag. On a recent long stay in the Detroit airport, I just hooked up my iPhone to the Jockery charger while it was still in the Grid-It and nestled in my bag.

This has improved both of the issues I listed above - my bag is thinner and easier to handle and now it's very quick to grab the thing I need without digging through a pouch or untangling cables.

The only negatives I could list (which are not worth deducting a star):

-The pouch on the back seems relatively useless to me. Maybe I could store some wipes for my screens, a cloth, etc. I don't feel it's large enough to stuff paper into but I guess it would work for receipts and such. However, it doesn't take away from the product - just doesn't seem that useful to me.

-It is a bit heavy even with nothing attached to it. However, it feels like the weight really comes from all the heavy duty elastic, so I would not trade durability for a little less weight.

I'm really happy with the purchase.