Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

Color: Black|Change

on March 12, 2012
I'm a multiple bag kind of guy. I have my man-purse, my backback and my laptop bag, each with their own purpose and agenda. At the same time, I have a core collection of gadgets, charges, and other 'things' that I just need to carry around with me all of the time. Before the Grid-it, when I needed to transfer between two bags, I would have to dump one or both out, throw what I needed (usually the same handful of items) into the new bag, and then go. Not exactly convenient. The Grid-it now makes it easy to keep all of my necessities together, ready to jump between bags.

For this particular size (9.25 X 7.25 inches) I find I'm able to carry the bare minimum of essentials. There is a bit of overlap, and I don't really have room for any writing implements. The nice thing is that this size Grid-it is roughly the same size as an iPad, so it fits in all of my bags. I had to choose this size, as it was the one that would fit all of the bags.

Here's a list of everything I fit into this Grid-it:
Chapstick
Gum
Moustache wax
Moustache comb

I've swapped bags a few times with this tool, and I haven't lost anything. Everything stays in place, even when I toss my bag onto my car seat.
on September 6, 2011
I love these things. Nothing gets lost in the bottom of your bag. The little rubber nobs on the straps make it impossible for things to slip out. It's a real puzzle trying to decide where everything should go, and I'm just sorry I don't have bigger ones and a bigger bag, but that was the whole point in the first place. the little strap thing is prefect for strapping to any of the outside rings of the bag so it doesn't get misplaced, but once you decide how everything should fit in a Grid-It! you should really take a picture or you'll find yourself doing the puzzle all over again.
on May 30, 2012
I just purchased this about a month ago, and I already do not go anywhere without it! There are tons of uses for this (I may have to buy a ton more) and they come in all sizes, but I've found this one to be ideal for carrying around in a back pack or messenger bag. As for the person who says this adds too much bulk and weight, to each his own, but I just don't see how that could be. For one, the thing weighs practically nothing. Second, although it is not paper thin, it is by no stretch of the imagination thick. In reality, it probably has to be the thickness that it is. Once you start strapping things down, particularly bulkier items, there's going to be some strain on the backing. If the backing were too thin, it would likely start to bend with the strain of the elastic. I've currently got an iPad power adapter as the thickest item, which is pretty thick considering the size of the Grid-It. However, there is no evidence of strain at all.

Before finding this online (and I have no idea how I found it, but I sure am glad I did), I was keeping multiple sized charging cables, a USB power adaptor, a USB battery back up, earbuds, and a few other items in my back pack everywhere I traveled. If I switched to my messenger back, half the time I forgot to grab the specific item that I needed. Almost all the time, I'd have to rummage through the back pack to find everything that had fallen to the bottom and gotten tangled in the various cords. Now, everything is kept very neatly in place, and if I switch bags, I just switch out the Grid-It and everything goes with me.

There is no way to rearrange the grid of the elastic, but they've got it arranged so that you can fit pretty much anything into it. Just spend a little time getting creative with positioning and you'll be good to go. All of the elastic has rubber built into it (visible as light grey lines through the elastic in the pictures), which does a fantastic job of holding slippery metal or plastic items firmly in place. The elastic is relatively tight, so while it can stretch to hold bigger items, it can also securely hold smaller items in the bigger spaces (if you happen to have more small items that you need to secure).

I know this sounds like a solution to a fairly minor problem, and I feel a little silly going on about it. However, it is a frequent problem, and it's annoying. So, while it is technically a solution to a minor problem, it's the perfect solution and yes, I'm in love with an organizer.
22 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 16, 2014
This has given me a way to 'flatten' what was otherwise a very oddly shaped collection of wires and adapters for my MacBook Air.

I chose a small Tumi laptop back to reduce the amount of stuff I carry ... which is good ... but the carrying capacity for all of the ancillary stuff like power adapters and Thunderbold video adapters can stretch the capacity of even the most roomy bag. This little device helps corral all of those bits into one flat, evenly shaped package.

Lastly, as a traveling technical sales person and showing up at a customer site and having wires dangling out of my case is not only embarassing, it's unprofessional. Problem solved.
on March 7, 2014
The Cocoon Grid-It Organizer works well organizing my Apple devices accessories. I wanted a good and effective way to neatly store items in my Thule carrier and I found it in the Grid-It Organizer. Now all my cables, plugs, ear phone, notes, pens, etc., are neatly held in place. The Cocoons design is made-up of various lengths of elastic. These elastics crisscross each other to form various pocket sizes. My Thule Bag holds my iPad Air, Macbook Pro 13”, and the Cocoon Grid-It Organizer (CPG7RD and CPG8RD); items are neatly organized in its proper place.

The Cocoons designed appealed so much to me, that in addition to this Cocoon GRID-IT Organizer Red (CPG7RD) Dimensions: 0.4 x 7.2 x 9.2 inches ; 7.4 ounces I purchased the 3 other sizes:

Cocoon GRID-IT Organizer Red (CPG5RD) Dimensions 0.4 x 10.2 x 5.1 inches ; 6.4 ounces
Cocoon GRID-IT Organizer Red (CPG8RD) Dimensions: 0.4 x 7.5 x 10.5 inches ; 8.5 ounces
Cocoon GRID-IT Organizer Red (CPG10RD) Dimensions: 0.4 x 12 x 8 inches

In conclusion, the Cocoon Grid-It does what it is designed for and I give it a five star because it does what it is supposed to do.
on January 22, 2015
I am using this for the first time on a 2 week trip to Hawaii. I didn't realize how small it was and I was kinda bummed when I first got it because of that... But now that I'm here I love it! Works great for my purse and my beach bag!! (See picture below) I don't have to fumble around when switching bags. I just pull this out and go! I'll probably be ordering the bigger size for my work bag (I'm a nurse) once I'm home!
on March 19, 2015
For years I wrestled with a laptop bag that was full of cables, adapters, and other accessories that could never get along. The GRID-IT does a very good job of wrangling the unruly extra items into a manageable arrangement. The variously spaced bands stretch enough to allow most accessories to be held, but still retain a solid amount of tension to keep everything in place. If you're looking for a flexible way to get some control over a mess of cables, the GRID-IT may work very well for you.
on December 19, 2013
I wanted something to keep my cords and chargers (iPad, iPhone, camera, etc.). I can't seem to fit everything as compact as shown in the product diagram. I have tried multiple times and different layouts. Probably a pouch with some velcro ties could work just as well as this item.
on June 6, 2011
I bought this item to organize the items in my bag that had no pockets/slots/compartments available for them (PSP cord, multiple flash drives, chap stick, ear bud case, laptop screen cleaner, and medicine, to name most of the items) and it did just that. My bag is a compact small laptop bag. All of that stuff was a mashed into a very small/skinny compartment (similar to the actual laptop compartment) and Grid-It now has organized that compartment and actually saved space. Before, most of that stuff fell to the bottom and caused a serious bulge at the bottom which was uncomfortable at times, not to mention the struggle to pull out what I actually needed. Now that is not a problem. All I do now is slide the Grid-It out, grab what I need, and easily slide the Grid-It back in place. Brilliant!

It took me a few tries to get everything on the grid. Many of the straps do not get used because they are covered, which really doesn't effect my overall opinion but it does seam wasteful.
on January 6, 2014
I'm pleasantly surprised that this product EXCEEDED MY EXPECTIONS. I am NOT good at keeping all my different charger cords, attachment cords, cleaning cloths etc. organized. This fits perfectly in my ipad travel case (almost exactly the same dimensions as the ipad air). The back works as a mouse pad if you need it. Very, very happy with this product.