5.0 out of 5 stars Code:Lyoko!!!
Published on June 14, 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Decent Kids' Show
My younger sisters watched Code Lyoko religiously when it first aired on Cartoon Network, and I find that I am just as delighted as they are now that it has returned from its hiatus. While certainly not a pinnacle of modern animation, the dialogue and artwork is far better than many other newer cartoons shown on CN, Nickelodeon, and the various Disney channels. For those...
Published on September 7, 2005 by Ryuuko

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Code:Lyoko!!!, June 14, 2005
This review is from: Code Lyoko - X.A.N.A. Unleashed v.1 (DVD)
Me and my friends love code lyoko soooooooooooooooooooooo much! This DVD has some of the adventures of Jeremie, Yumi, Odd, Ulrich, and their friend Aelita who lives in lyoko in their exciting trips to lyoko! For those of you who have no clue what lyoko is, it's a world where a super-computer named XANA has been turned evil and has decided to destroy the earth. Now in lyoko there are 40 towers, when XANA activates one strange things happen on earth, like sudden earthquakes, weird robots that are attacking children, or every one is suddenly flying into outer-space, things like that. The kids have found a secret way to a factory where inside they transfer to lyoko and fight monsters. Aelita is the only one who can deactivate the towers, and after she does every one goes back in time so nobody but the kids, Aelita, and XANA remember what happened. But every time they return to the past XANA gets stronger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Code LYOKO ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!, February 2, 2006
This review is from: Code Lyoko - X.A.N.A. Unleashed v.1 (DVD)
Ok, so at first my brother watched this show and i thought that it was the stupidest thing on earth. And then i watched a few episodes, and now it is my FAVORITE show. I bought this DVD and i watch it almost everyday right after the show! I'm a girl,but the show is for boys so that tells you that you can watch it no matter what gender you are! I really like the theme song to this show so whenever i'm done watching it, i always put the theme song on. I do think that it's weird that they didn't put the shows on this DVD in order, but oh well. Here is how i rank the shows on this DVD.

"Zero Gravity Zone" (3/5) This one is not my favorite episode, but I can still watch it and get into it.

"Big Bug" (4/5) I like this one, because it has some suspense in it. It just keeps you wondering.

"Holiday In The Fog" (4/5) This one amazed me that Jeremie got in trouble, so i really got into it.

"Claustrophobia" (4/5) This one actually glued me to the TV because i wanted to know what would happen.

"Teddygodzilla" (5/5) This was the first ever episode, and i like this one the most. It's really weird, and explains to you what all the characters are like so that if you wanted to watch the show again you would know their personalities.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't matter how old you are..., August 25, 2005
Jeanette R. Heath (Louisville, KY U.S.A.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Code Lyoko - X.A.N.A. Unleashed v.1 (DVD)
I'm 28 and have two kids, one of which is 5 and we BOTH LOVE Code Lyoko! IT ROCKS!! I will definitely be buying this when it comes out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five stars, for my grandaughter, January 12, 2006
This review is from: Code Lyoko - X.A.N.A. Unleashed v.1 (DVD)
I'm 64. My 6 year old granddaughter adores Code Lyoko. She likes cartoons in general, but nothing comes close to Code Lyoko. I like to watch it with her because I love the beauty of the drawing/animation. I find the plot sort of simple and repetetive, but my granddaughter loves it, it's just complex enough to excite her. She can tell you the whole history behind the stories, and knows exactly what's going on in each episode. I love sharing it with her because I love her! (I just read in these reviews that someone doesn't like the dubbing. Who cares about dubbing when they are cartoon figures!!!) I'm going to buy season 2 for her first: Xana unleashed, which she asked for - right now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hip Hip Hooray, December 5, 2005
D. Lee (Middle of nowhere, Michigan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Code Lyoko - X.A.N.A. Unleashed v.1 (DVD)
Before i start I'm going to say that im 17 and love this show. that might seem a little weird to some people, but hey I don't really care. This show is one of the best i have ever seen. The way they incorporate the kids normal lives into saving the world, and especially against a super computer in basically a game is nothing less then brilliance. as for the person that said stuff about the bad dubbing, if you only watched it for 5 minutes then you obviously have no idea what the show is about and you shouldn't jump to conclusions unless you are a moron.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, and getting better, October 25, 2005
This review is from: Code Lyoko - X.A.N.A. Unleashed v.1 (DVD)
When I first started watching Code:Lyoko at the beginning of this year, I was NOT impressed. The plots were lame, the voice acting shoddy, and the characters shallow. I stopped watching it.

And started three weeks ago. C:L got SO MUCH better with the second season! Real plots, in-depth views of our heroes, and decent voice acting! Hooray!

I strongly recommend that you buy Code:Lyoko.

5.0 out of 5 stars Code LYOKO, September 18, 2005
This review is from: Code Lyoko - X.A.N.A. Unleashed v.1 (DVD)
I have studied this show, although that it is a cartoon, which would make most adults ignore it, it has to do with advanced calculations and programming beyond normal comprehension. Programming into a computer, turning a real world person, and transferring him/her inside of a supercomputer virus (X.A.N.A.) running parallel to the human world, which could infect and kill humans. Once you get into this, it is a pretty good show.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Enjoyable!, May 29, 2006
This review is from: Code Lyoko - X.A.N.A. Unleashed v.1 (DVD)
First off, let me start out by saying that I am 18 years old and yes, I absolutely LOVE this series. Now I must admit, when I first saw it I was too fond of it. However, I was attracted to the combination of animation styles that repressent the "real world" and Lyoko, and the theme song. (Probably the best theme song I have ever heard)

So, I continued to watch the series and began to fall in love with it. It's got lovable characters and interesting plot lines. People say that it's repetitive. I really don't agree. Yes, sometimes the same template is used (XANA attacks, one of the group members stay behind to occupy his attention, others to go Lyoko, Aelita deactivates the tower at the last possible second before the other team member is killed, launch a return to the past), but I never found it to get old.

And then in the Second Season, that "template" is hardly ever used seeing that a whole new plotline is introduced.

As far as the "horrible dubbing", it's not horrible. It's pretty good. I've watched the original French versions of the show and sometimes the voice overs were worse than the english ones. But lets face it...this is animation, not a real life drama. Of course the dubbing isn't going to always be exact!

And as far as "sterotypical characters" go, that's not prevelant in the show. Sure, you do have the snobby diva of the school ("Sissy") and the genuis (Jeremie), but what is so sterotypical about a virtual girl (Aelita)? Yumi is a Japanese girl who is just herself. I mean, sometimes characters like to "put on" a face which makes them seem different. Yumi doesn't. She seems quite comfortable with herself and really doesn't fit a sterotype . Ulrich is the same way. So is Odd (who yes, is kind of odd).

This show was aimed at pre-teens but there are many adults and teenages who love the show. This show has everything! From drama to comedy to action and adventure to romance. Top that off with enjoyable characters, awesome storylines, and a virtual world! Well it makes for such a great watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Code Lyoko For-evuh, December 17, 2005
This review is from: Code Lyoko - X.A.N.A. Unleashed v.1 (DVD)
This is the best cartoon I have seen in awhile. It actually keeps you wondering what will happen next! A friend of mine said, "Noboy got posessed yesterday,so it was bad." That is not the truth. It doesn't make it a bad show or anything. Also one of the more humorous shows you will see. I thought this dvd diddn't exsit! When I found it it was like the holy grail! X.N.A.N.A. is probobly the best villian too! Mostly X.N.A.N.A. uses ordinary things to cause destruction. This is the most complex story for a kids show! It's somehow like the Matrix. When i first saw it I diddn't understand one bit of it! Now, I am an extream Code Lyoko fan. And last, the characters are incredible! Each character has special abilites in Lyoko, which helps them defeat X.N.A.N.A.

5.0 out of 5 stars How can people NOT like Code LYOKO?, December 1, 2005
This review is from: Code Lyoko - X.A.N.A. Unleashed v.1 (DVD)
I love Aelita, Code Lyoko and Odd! I have Aelita has my computer wallpaper! And Icon! Oh, I LOVE this show! Get it or (Like someone before me said) X.A.N.A.(ZahNah) Will Get you!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Code Lyoko - X.A.N.A. Unleashed v.1
Code Lyoko - X.A.N.A. Unleashed v.1 by Paul Bandey (DVD - 2005)
$16.99