Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 18, 2011 5:17:50 AM PST
James Skemp says:
FYI, if you're purchasing this new, like I just did, the free DLC code for The Midnight Show still works, as of this morning.

The expiration date on the insert states that it expires 12/31/2010, so ... that's nice they didn't expire it yet.

Posted on Mar 6, 2011 8:56:11 AM PST
Subject7 says:
Wow wow wait what? That thing expires?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2011 4:59:18 AM PST
James Skemp says:
Supposedly. Although, since they've closed up shop ...

Posted on Mar 7, 2011 6:09:45 AM PST
Subject7 says:
Damn. I kept putting off buying it...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2011 5:01:52 AM PST
James Skemp says:
:D So did I. It's at a very great price now, though, and since the coupon still appears to work ... you might want to pick it up.

Thus far, I'd say I'm enjoying it about as much as I enjoyed Just Cause 2 and InFamous (1). More enjoyable than the latter, and about even with Just Cause 2.

Posted on Mar 8, 2011 6:21:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 8, 2011 6:21:54 AM PST
Subject7 says:
Some are claiming that the Midnight show is now free but I can't get a solid confirmation on this (seems logical though). They say it is listed as "The Midnight Show", not "The Saboteur" and also that it is region locked (uk psn code won't work for an american copy and vice versa). If this is true then yay!

I didn't buy this cause I figured I had way too much sand box games already (Just Cause 2, Red Faction Guerrilla, Prototype, GTA4, Assassin's Creed 2 and Infamous). Still wanted it, just not yet.

On that note, are you honestly claiming that this game is as fun as Just Cause 2 \:)? Because JC2 was ridiculously awesome and my absolute favorite game of 2010. As good as The Saboteur is, it can't compare :P

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2011 4:41:59 PM PST
James Skemp says:
I had seen that as well, but that appears to have been a limited-time offer. At least on the PS store it costs a couple of dollars. (U.S. store)

Well, I enjoyed Just Cause 2, but I didn't get into it as much as some people seemed to have. JC2 had a good deal more options for travel (as far as I know, you can't fly in The Saboteur), but honestly, I think I'll get far more completed in The Saboteur than what I did in JC2.

Note that I ended up stopping right before the 'hotels' mission and put the game down for a good number of months before I put it back in and finished it off. Maybe there were just too many options?

The Saboteur is a game I'll pop in for a couple hours once a week just to do free-play missions or story missions, as I desire. I can't see myself putting it down for a number of months like I did with JC2.

Some people complained about the controls, and while the vehicles drive a little odd at first, I've got to say the combat is pretty good.

So, yeah. I'd say it's thus far more fun than JC2. Better than Red Faction Guerrilla and the first Assassin's Creed as well. Haven't played Prototype, GTA4, or AC2, but I want to play the former at some point (first AC killed the series for me).

Posted on Mar 8, 2011 5:08:46 PM PST
Subject7 says:
Now I definitely need to buy this game (lol). I agree that JC2 was almost too big but that's one of the many reasons I loved it. I love a game that overwhelms me with features. It makes me glad I paid full price (in JC2's case).

Btw I've owned Just Cause 2 for a year now and have only gotten to about 60% completion. It may be fun but I do have a life.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Feb 18, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 8, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Saboteur - Playstation 3
The Saboteur - Playstation 3 by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (78)