Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Shop Now HTL

on November 18, 2015
Will buy again!!!
on September 22, 2015
I love the whole series of books.
on August 28, 2015
Crane weaves a believable story following Keegan, an elf, and her chosen, Rourk, as their species faces a longtime feud between the light and dark within their world.

Taking place in a world where magical creatures live within the human world, Coexist takes us to a place where soul mates are real, with the idea that there is only one perfect person for an elf, which happens to be chosen by the elf elders. Keegan lives her life in ignorance, because her parents have spent her life protecting her. Her world suddenly changes when truths are revealed, and she must come to terms with reality and learn to live in a world where everything she thought she knew was a lie.

The story was a quick read, and I’ve always enjoyed discovering new worlds within the human world, so I knew I’d like Keegan’s story. I loved the family aspect of the story and how relatable each character was. I also liked the special abilities each elf possessed, and wished I got to learn more about them—especially Keegan’s. I’ll be interested to see how the series continues and learn more about Keegan’s gifts.

If you like soul mate stories, you’ll enjoy Coexist. While the bond between Keegan and Rourk was formed long before they met, it didn’t feel like instant love. There was more to the story than their love, and it wasn’t all consuming like some would think. It gave the story balance, rounding it out as a tale of family, friends, love, and a battle of good and evil.

What I didn’t like about the novel was that the ending felt rushed. While the beginning was drawn out, there was a lot of time jumps toward the end, which left me unsatisfied. The timeline could’ve been condensed to help the change in pace. Also, there was a lot of buildup to an anticlimactic ending, and what I felt was an important scene was underdeveloped. I craved more and was slightly disappointed at how abrupt the action was. I still liked the story, though, and I look forward to the next book.

If you like young adult books about good versus evil, stories of family, special abilities, soul mates, and self discovery, Coexist is perfect for you.
on August 22, 2015
Have not read it yet.
on August 1, 2015
This review is actually quite hard to do because there is lots about this story that I really enjoyed but somehow it just didn't hit the mark for me.

I love a romance so the idea of having a chosen that you meet at age 18 sounds good to me. Rourk sounds like a GREAT chosen, protective, caring, not too bad on the eyes etc. Keegan on the other hand, I don't know. I just never really felt her apart from getting annoyed with how spoiled she was and how blind she appeared to be regarding everyone else.

The storyline goes in sporadic bursts with pages given over to shopping and catching up with friends on FaceBook (!) but the Great Battle only feels like it gets half a dozen, if that. Although this story is told as the third person, as a reader you are kept in the dark too. Keegan is blind to her friends abilities so therefore you are. It is only at the end that you find out what they are. And others appear to have abilities thrust upon them - Donald is a shape shifter than suddenly seems to be able to read minds when there has been no mention of it beforehand.

I enjoyed this book.

Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
on July 19, 2015
Normally I love these types of books not sure why I did not this time. I guess it seemed even more like it was written by and for pre_teens. Of course I have been on a huge reading bender and that's part of it. I will try to re-read again later and hopefully write a better review.
on June 11, 2015
First of all, I would have picked up this book from the cover alone! It's gorgeous! And turquoise is my favorite color. :) Second, anything with elves/the fae/prophecies and I'm in!

Alright, fair warning to all. Although this book is mostly told from Keegan and Rourk's points of view, it's actually third person omniscient. I know for some people this is confusing and distracting. Although, I have to admit, I was REALLY happy to be able to see some the things that would have been happening off-page had it not been told this way.

I NEED the next book NOW! You can't leave me hanging like that! I would love to spill all the beans to y'all, but I can't tell you ANYTHING, other than that I really enjoyed this story, because it would spoil things for you. If you like elves, wizards, shapeshifters, etc. then read this book!
on May 19, 2015
Really Enjoyed
on May 15, 2015
Cute story
on May 9, 2015
You can tell the author is a woman by how the story is constructed. It is a nice read. Would have liked a more in depth view of the relationships.