Coffee Recommendation? I've had my machine just over a week now. I am not yet sure what to make of it. I have tried using Cafe Bustelo and another US brand, but just don't seem to be able to get the flavor. Any suggestions? Maybe a finer grind?

Thanks
asked by Espresso Lover on August 16, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
Have you tried the Lavazza Crema e Gusto Coffee, Italian Espresso ... try the medium roast ... and I use Dean Half & Half milk. Most people will be against using half & half, however the way I look at it is when you are steaming Milk using expresso maker the steam adds a bit of water to the half & half hence lowering the thickness to right level.
Hasan answered on September 6, 2012
Comment (1) | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I use the Lavazza Gran Crema single dose pods (coffee inside a filter packet). $51.36 for 150 from Amazon. Cheaper if you subscribe.
J. Brosch answered on October 1, 2013
Comment (1) | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have been through 4 - containers of Cafe Bustelo in this machine - I have long been a fan of "CB" and it makes a nice cup. I hope it doesn't get to popular and prices rise or it flies off the shelves!

Cheers - Jim
Jim H. answered on March 14, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
apology, as I see in the photo, only sleeps two tazaspequeñas coffee? puden clarify my question, please?
Zaira C. answered on December 18, 2013

A
This is such a difficult question because it really depends on what kind of coffee you like. As someone who discovered love for coffee while living in Italy, I would get Pellini Top (my favorite and I see Amazon carries it now), Illy, or Lavazza Oro. If you prefer a milder flavor, I'd get Lavazza Crema e Gusto (my husband calls this one a girly Lavazza).
Mira answered on March 31, 2014

A
WholeFoods organic espresso is quite good. And you're not keeping the best part of espresso from your cup by using filter paper.
W. Nielsen answered on March 18, 2014
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I've been using Starbucks bagged Espresso. I have them grind it. I've had mine for about 6 weeks and sometimes it would struggle to push the espresso out or leak water out the side..and considering it was a new machine I was upset. I asked the girl at Starbucks and she told me to try a coarser grind. So instead of the 3 that Starbucks normally grinds it at...I asked them to grind it at a 3 1/2 and I took it home to try it and it was PERFECT! Poured at a decent rate, had good crema, and NO leaking water out the sides ;) <3 Hope that helps!
Chelsea Snow answered on March 24, 2014

A
I guess everyone may have different tastes, but one coffee I always comeback to is Caffe Vita - Luna blend. It's based in Seattle and Amazon do carry them(not Prime, though). You won't be disappointed.
Yuniverse answered on May 11, 2014

A
I prefer Pilon espresso coffee.....has a rich coffee taste and great crema. It is a regional cuban coffee made in Florida and you may not find it in your area. I have to get it shipped to me but it's worth it.
charley answered on August 22, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›