The manufacturer commented on the review below
4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive for an office gift, but overpriced
This makes a good office gift -- it's functional and discreetly packaged without all Christmas frou frou decoration. The basket is well-made and would be a useful general-purpose addition to the desk or shelf. The coffee is very good.

Published on November 2, 2011 by Peter G. Keen

The manufacturer commented on the review below
1.0 out of 5 stars I'm pretty sure this was created as a joke
Published on October 24, 2011 by Shannon Lastowski

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive for an office gift, but overpriced, November 2, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

The problem is the price -- it seems to me to be too high by at least $10. There's relatively little contents in terms of amount and value. the mug is attractive but the other items are utilitarian -- powder creamer, wooden coffee stirrers and some nibbles. They do the job -- a complete coffee service -- but there is nothing distinctive.

All in all, it's a well made gift and the basket is worth keeping.

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 10:37:02 AM PST
Dear Reviewer:

We are significantly embarrassed to find that the gift basket you received (as described in your review) was a pre-production prototype. You were perhaps the first customer to order from our new line of gift baskets and regret that a prototype rather than a production basket was errantly shipped to you. Please let me assure you that our regular production of gift baskets incorporate professionally produced packaging for all of their items. The mock-up you received was never intended for release to the general public and was created for testing purposes only. We will be shipping you a replacement gift basket that showcases our production packaging elements.

Thank you for your understanding.

ig4U Design Team

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basket, If Buying As Gift Check First, December 15, 2011
This review is from: Coffee Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
I purchased this for myself and the contained coffees were quite good. The extras were a bit mediocre, half due to weak packaging. The sugar packets were included in a mislabeled box, as were the creamers. For your average coffee drinker the extras will be a pleasant surprise, just make sure you break open the basket and check the contents if you are giving this as a gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Luxury Gift Basket For Coffee Lovers, November 26, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As I opened the package, the coffee aroma was very pleasant. The items were attractively presented. There is a box with a variety of coffee samples and other items listed here under product features, so I won't list them again.

It's a gift basket for coffee lovers.

The package reminds me of the welcome basket one might find in a luxury hotel. It's fine for what it is. It's definitely a luxury item. It doesn't contain anything necessarily practical, but that isn't usually the goal in mind for the buyer of a gift basket.

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm pretty sure this was created as a joke, October 24, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As my moniker suggests, I LOVE the glorious coffee bean. This, however, has got to be some sort of test....trial by fire-brewed perhaps? At first sight this basket looked delightful. A relatively cheap basket, as is to be expected, filled with goodies. Then comes the unwrapping. The cello wrap was broken, perhaps that is evidence that some sneak removed the 'Jamaican Blend' that is promised but missing.
The 'Coffee Box' box was a plain box with a photo copied paper taped to it, which contained 3 Arbuckle single pot bags. The next stuff I am giving a star because of the hearty laugh it gave me...
Cafe Vergnano 1882 cookies (4) are ginger-y and a nice complement to the unimpressive but not-too-bad Arbuckle's coffee. The box of 'creamer' contained a few packets of the most generic of office coffee whitener, the brands car repair shops use while you wait to get the oil changed. The 'Sugar in the Raw' was few packets as well. Here is the delightful part. Each box was covered by taped on labels....over empty JELLO BOXES! But wait, it gets better. The coffee stirrers were in an empty Reese's Pieces box! I have this odd visual of rag-clad children being forced to empty Jello and candy boxes day in and day out.
If I were the Queen of Back Mountain Baskets...I'd have a ban on scotch tape. I would make sure that the wooden coffee stirrers aren't flavored by the still fragrant Reese's Pieces box. Better creamer or no creamer. I don't mind the diner-esque coffee mug, but perhaps a more trend-on shape would be nice.
The individually wrapped cookies/biscuits were quite nice. Perhaps I would add the tiny wrapped bits of chocolate served with coffee in most European cafes.

Until all that happens, I think I'd rather have a basket that has the Jello and Reese's intact and original.

EDIT PLEASE NOTE: I have been made aware that I received a MOCK UP and NOT the basket intended for Amazon customers.

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 10:29:41 AM PST
Dear Reviewer:

Thank you for your understanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift Basket!, November 23, 2011
This review is from: Coffee Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
The presentation of the basket was fantastic, the coffee is delicious and all the extras just made it perfect. I will definitely send this as a gift to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good assortment, December 2, 2011
Marilyn T. (Elkhorn, WI USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This comes with two flavored coffees and two regular coffees, an assortment of DELICIOUS, light cookies, coffee stirrers, raw sugar, mug, and mints. The Arbuckle coffee was tasty; we weren't wild about the canister of Irish Cream. There are several packets of generic creamers, the reason for a knock-down to 4 stars. Leave them out or have something fancier. Gift basket is light weight, but certainly adequate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Gift, January 23, 2012
This review is from: Coffee Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
Sent this to my brother and his wife for Christmas - their comment "5 stars". With this, I would recommend this product as a gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gift for a single coffee lover, October 29, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I bought this for a European friend who likes to take the traditional "coffee and cake" break in the late afternoon. The contents included:
1 coffee mug
10 creamer packs
6 raw sugar packs
1 Kauai Blend coffee pack
1 Breakfast blend coffee pack
1 Columbian blend coffee pack
1 small canister of Irish Creme-flavored coffee
Jila mints
A pack of coffee stirrers
5 Galette biscuits (thin cookies that are waffled)
4 Biscotte (biscoffee)
1 double-pack of biscoff (biscotte)

It really was a nice selection for a single person--I say this because of the pack having 1 mug, although there was certainly enough for two to enjoy coffee for about 3 days. As such, it does make an excellent gift for people who don't know what to get a single friend or coworker who enjoys the European tradition of coffee in the afternoon.

I don't know if this is true for all baskets, but I was intrigued that they repurposed boxes with new labels, such as Jello boxes, to contain the goodies. I liked this, since I like to recycle things, myself and I found it interesting.

THe goodies are not "premium" but they were good and I liked the addition of the raw sugar instead of the refined white. It is a good, solid selection.

The basket was nice and had leather loops for hands. I've repurposed that to hold the bits and pieces that collect around my desk at work. And that's something else I wanted to mention, this is PERFECT for work. Everything is packaged in a way that makes it very, very convenient for work or travel. In fact, if you have a friend who travels a lot, this may be a great gift bcause of the individual packaging. It would be very easy to pack and the individual biscotte would be great for flying since you rarely get anything to eat on planes anymore.

So, I'd recommend this as a gift for any single friend or coworker. I'm sure he or she will enjoy it!

Posted on Nov 14, 2011 7:36:35 AM PST
Dear Reviewer:

We are glad that you enjoyed your gift basket, but would like to clarify that the basket you received had some pre-production packaging in it that was never intended for release to the general public. Our regular production of gift baskets incorporate professionally produced packaging for all of their items. We appreciate the time you took to provide this detailed review of our product.

3.0 out of 5 stars liked the basket- not the delivery time, January 20, 2014
This review is from: Coffee Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
i ordered this and it was suppose to be in way before xmas. this was a xmas gift, it arrived over a week late- and i had to give them there gift way after xmas...but i was happy with the basket...but teh timing threw everythign off.

3.0 out of 5 stars Coffee Sampler Gift Basket, February 8, 2013
This review is from: Coffee Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
The contents of the basket went from very good to quite cheap. For example, the coffees were good, but the stir sticks, sugar/creamer packets took away from the overall quality of the basket. The cookie samples were quite small and easily broken as one tried to open their packaging. Just not what I had expected overall.

Rate and Discover Movies