The CogAT® (Cognitive Abilities Test), published by Riverside Publishing, a Houghton Mifflin Company assesses reasoning and problem solving abilities in three areas - verbal, non-verbal and quantitative.
The Critical Thinking Company has been publishing award winning products to help students of all abilities achieve higher test scores for over 50 years. The contents of this bundle were carefully selected to ensure coverage of material tested on the First Grade level of the Cognitive Abilities Test® (CogAT®). Each activity requires students to analyze, synthesize, and apply what they learn. The more students think about what they are learning, the more students understand what they are learning. There is no need for an expensive tutor with a resource for the Cogat® like this selection of books.
The Critical Thinking Company is recommended by Mensa, Learning Magazine, The Well Trained Mind, Dr. Toy, Creative Child Magazine, and used by Sylvan Learning Centers, Club Z In-Home Tutoring, leading U.S. public schools, and gifted and talented programs in 57 countries throughout the world. They guarantee better grades and higher test scores.
Titles included in this bundle are:
- Mind Benders® Beginning 1 by Michael Baker
- Can You Find Me? K-1 by Michael Baker, Cheryl Block and Eric Cardinale
- Building Thinking Skills® Primary by Sandra Parks and Howard Black
- Mathematical Reasoning Level A by Linda Brumbaugh and Doug Brumbaugh
- Math Analogies Beginning by Linda Brumbaugh and Dough Brumbaugh
- Thinking Skills for Tests Workbook by Robin MacFarlane, Ph. D.
- Thinking Skills for Tests Guide by Robin MacFarlane, Ph. D.
- CogAT® Test Prep Guide