4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for reading/watching movies
I got this chair when it was in Amazon's Gold Box. I probably wouldn't buy it at full price, but it works well for my dorm room so I could have extra seating and a nice place to relax. It works fine for me, though I am only 5'5 (apparently other taller reviewers were less comfortable). I do feel most secure when I prop it up against something, usually the wall, but I've...
Published on August 8, 2009 by J. Rogoff

3.0 out of 5 stars Works as intended but weighted poorly causing a lot of tip-backs
Overall, the chair works as intended. My greatest criticism, is that the base is not weighted heavy or wide enough - therefore, people often tip all the way backwards when they sit in the chair. Now, this can be a criticism or an entertainment value if you like to see your friends fall on their back when they attempt to sit in this chair. I have other game-rockers that...
Published on January 2, 2009 by Denise F Crawford

4.0 out of 5 stars video chair, August 7, 2009
This review is from: Cohesion XP-1 Folding Gaming Chair (Sports)
the chair is made in excellent quality compared to the many i looked at. i researched quite a few before i bought this one. the only real fall back is that as soon you lean back on it, you tip over backwards if your not careful. its very sturdy construction and well made. it folds up and was able to be put in a closet just as described. not bad for the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Trying to be fair, November 7, 2009
Decato (California, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cohesion XP-1 Folding Gaming Chair (Sports)
I bought this chair for the racing rig I've been building. I thought it would be a good quality inexpensive seat. But I was wrong. Unless you are using this chair as a rocking chair, that is you are sitting on it and slightly leaning backwards, it is not comfortable at all. I've mounted and fixed this so that it will be straight all the time. In this upright position, it is very very uncomfortable. 20mins of sitting gave me back pain. Because the round joint between the seat part and the back puts your lower back into a very bad position.

So, as I've said, trying to be fair, this chair is definitely not suitable for upright use. I am aware that I might not be judging it on the actual use scenario, but for my case it is a disaster. Since I've used screws to mount it, I cannot return it. So I guess I will just be throwing it away.

Build and material quality is OK though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Folding Gaming Chair, January 14, 2009
This review is from: Cohesion XP-1 Folding Gaming Chair (Sports)
These chairs are great value. They were bought for a 7 year old boy and 3 year old girl. They love them and sit on them all the time to watch TV. I received them within two days of ordering them. Great product for the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars very cheaply made, October 4, 2011
This review is from: Cohesion XP-1 Folding Gaming Chair (Sports)
I bought this chair for my husband . I wanted it because it didn't have the speakers and such. Well it ripped in the seat rather quickly. It also is very small...meaning not wide at all. We ended up giving it to our 5 year old. And his weight ripped the sseat..he weighs 42 lbs.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, July 15, 2011
This review is from: Cohesion XP-1 Folding Gaming Chair (Sports)
perfect for gaming. just have to lean the chair against something so you dont tip over when laying way back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great chairs!, April 26, 2011
This review is from: Cohesion XP-1 Folding Gaming Chair (Sports)
I have 3 boys & of course they love to play video games & watch tv. I really didn't want to spend money on a couch for them to use in their tv room so I was searching on amazon for seating solutions & came across these. The price was right, the reviews were good & Christmas was coming up. I purchased them & they have worked out great! I love that they fold up so we can put them in the closet of the tv room (which also doubles as our guest room) so they can be out of the way when we have guests staying with us. 4 months have passed & they have held up well & believe me when I tell you my Boys are not gentle!

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple affordable kids game chair, March 6, 2011
This review is from: Cohesion XP-1 Folding Gaming Chair (Sports)
the fit and finish was good. it was accurately described in the ad. it's perfect for the bonus room and because it folds down, we can store it in the closet if we need to. it's not wide enough in the back for a full sized adult, although I can sit comfortably for a little while at 220 lbs. good value compared to the outrageous prices of other game chairs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great for kids!!, March 5, 2011
This review is from: Cohesion XP-1 Folding Gaming Chair (Sports)
I bought this for my 5 and 10 year old in which it works great. Not so good for adults. The chair will rock back if you are not paying attention so we have to prop a pillow behind it to stop the rocking. The seat does not have a lot of padding. You can feel the wood through it. Overall not a bad product!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable Fun, February 13, 2011
This review is from: Cohesion XP-1 Folding Gaming Chair (Sports)
My experience is vicarious. After e-searching for a game chair (it's what my grandson wanted for his birthday), I found the desciption helpful, the fact that it was folding and easily portable a definite plus. As I have a fixed income, I also shopped for price and found the Amazon cost a good bargain. My grandson is very happy and says the chair is comfortble. After he gets homework and other "must dos" finished, he spends a lot of time gaming. If the "wiggly thing" is happy, grandma's happy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Balance, Leans Too Far Back, January 16, 2011
This review is from: Cohesion XP-1 Folding Gaming Chair (Sports)
As many other reviewers have noted, this chair is not designed properly to support an adult or older child. The arch of the rocking part is such that when you sit in it, you have the tendency to fall backwards. A good rocker requires you to somewhat push yourself back to get the rocking motion. In this chair, however, you must fight to keep yourself forward and in the upright position. The center of gravity is simply just poorly designed.

Additionally, the wooden frame can be felt as you sit on the chair. This isn't too bad for a few minutes, but over time, it starts to hurt your legs.

The only good thing that can be said about this chair is its ability to be folded up and stored. This is a nice feature. But given the other problems, I would not recommend this chair to anyone.

ARRAY(0xa8edec00)