5.0 out of 5 stars Works in car with iPhone in a case
Published on June 29, 2012 by Skeeter

2.0 out of 5 stars Good cable, not enough stretch. (Updated)
Published on July 28, 2012 by EvanB

5.0 out of 5 stars Works in car with iPhone in a case, June 29, 2012
Skeeter (Portland, Oregon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coiled Black iPhone, iPod USB Charge and Sync Cable (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I tried several retractable cables but none of them fit my IPhone 4S with an Acase silicone and plastic case ( BTW, a great case!). Until this coiled cable, which works well for both my car and my iPhone and is clean looking and sturdier than the retractables. My only criticism is that the iPhone connector end is a tight fit and hence a tad tough to insert and remove, given the case I have on my iPhone But it fits!

2.0 out of 5 stars Good cable, not enough stretch. (Updated), July 28, 2012
I have no problems with the cables quality but I bought this cable to use in my car to not have a problem with handing my iPhone around including the backseat. The coil was supposed to keep it short and allow it to stretch when necessary, unfortunately the coil is pretty tense when stretched, seemingly because the coils are pretty small. You can feel it tugging back a bit too much. Other than that...no issues.

Update: had this cable a few months now and it recently broke. The piece that plugs into the dock is now a little loose after picking it up from the connector; think it snapped on the inside somewhere. Shame because it worked fine but I question the durability of this cable now...dropped from 4 stars

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working in 24 hours, November 11, 2011
Ben Goddard (Clearwater, FL) - See all my reviews
I ordered this replacement cable to connect my iPod Classic 120g to my Clarion stereo system in my car. Initially, it worked fine.

After less than a day's use, however, it stops being recognized by the stereo system whenever I access the menu on the iPod. The cable fails to deliver a signal, and the system thinks I have unplugged it. It does this every time.

Swapping it out with an official Apple cable solved the issue. This cable is junk.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, but kinda cheap, July 8, 2012
This is a very handy Apple charger & sync cable, but it definitely not the same quality as other brands.

I would buy it again due to the length and features, but would think twice to purchasing anything else from the same brand

1.0 out of 5 stars neXplug Laughing Is At It's Customer's Stupidity!, July 7, 2014
Total Junk, First Time I Plugged It In The 31 Pin Head Fell Off! Why Even Bother To Make A Cable If You Can't Build It Right?! Guess Making Americans Look Like Fools Was Enough Satisfaction For You!

1.0 out of 5 stars Kinda works, April 27, 2014
It causes my iPod to go crazy when I plug it in. The iPod starts randomly scrolling through menus like it is possessed. Seems to charge it some of the time, but not others.

1.0 out of 5 stars Burned Up after ONE use, February 2, 2014
This charger literally charged ONE IPOD ONCE. The next day I tried it, it got scorching hot and was not even charging the IPODs anymore. This is a HUGE waste of your time to buy this, and possibly a very large safety concern. When I checked within 1 minute the cord was too hot to hold, left alone longer it would have surely melted or caught fire.

Absolutely terrible product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, January 6, 2014
Worked for 3 days then nothing price was good but now I know why. Don't buy this cord go to apple.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, December 18, 2013
Not what I expected. VERY Cheaply made. It lasted about two weeks. Should have invested in a higher quality item for charging my phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a super item, October 30, 2013
I just recently purchased a new car stereo system. I needed this cable to attach my Iphone to the stereo via a USB slot so that I could use some of the services that came with my new car stereo..The coiled design is a must as it keeps the Iphone from moving around inside the car. Works very, very well indeed.