5.0 out of 5 stars Works Good
Published on February 19, 2010 by mmc

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made but a little to snugg
I bought this to go with a set of filters and holder. The filters are snug fitting, but this thing took an act of congress, once installed, to remove and I had to lightly hand sand the side surfaces in order to continue using it. Once modified it works very well.
Published 13 months ago by G.B.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Good, February 19, 2010
mmc (Spokane, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cokin P252 Filter Lens Cap, Series P (Electronics)
Not a lot to say about this cap. It's black plastic and it fits in any of the four slots on my Cokin "P" filter holder (the regular holder - I haven't tried the wide-angle holder). If you put it in one of the three filter slots, it's easily inserted and removed with one hand. It's held in place by friction and doesn't fall out. If you put it in the slot designed for round filters (the slot closest to the lens), it's a tight fit and it snaps in place. It takes two hands to remove the filter from that slot. The cap is square and is the same size as the Cokin filters. If you are using another brand of filter that is longer vertically, the cap won't cover the entire filter. But as another reviewer mentioned, this is designed as a lens cap, not a filter cap. Works good.

Another reviewer mentioned that his didn't look like the one in the photo. I just received mine from Amazon seller "Spotlight Photo", and mine looks identical to the photo above. Not sure why his is different.

4.0 out of 5 stars Protects lens, March 11, 2007
John McQuitty (San Angelo, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cokin P252 Filter Lens Cap, Series P (Electronics)
If you use the Cokin P series filter holder, this slides right in to protect your lens is you are moving the camera about and don't want to take the filter holder off. Saves some time, and might save your lens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speed + Safety = Win, January 2, 2012
This review is from: Cokin P252 Filter Lens Cap, Series P (Electronics)
I just got this item, but owing to its simplicity I feel safe in saying that I expect it to work very well for a long time. Construction is plenty rugged enough and it fits well with the series P holder/mount.

I think the main advantage to using this item is that it balances lens/filter safety with speed in switching lenses (at least that's why I wanted it). You can quickly insert the plastic lens cap into one of the holder's outer slots and then drop the lens into your camera bag without fear of head-on damage to your lens or any other filters you may have in the holder. There is still a gap on the sides where dust could come in contact with your glass, but you've saved the time of having to remove your filters or the holder from your lens. Alternatively, you could fit the cap into the inner-most slot of the holder to achieve nearly as good a seal as you could get with an EOM's lens cap. In addition, the tabs on the holder will engage the cap and physically hold it in place so it's very unlikely to be pushed out of position (in the outer slots the cap is held snugly in place by friction). The added security comes at a price in that it will be more difficult to remove the plastic cap later, enough to slow you down a few seconds. If you're like me and want to be able to change lenses very quickly while minimizing the risk of damage to your glass, you should get this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits perfectly as exoected,, October 24, 2012
This review is from: Cokin P252 Filter Lens Cap, Series P (Electronics)
Since I like to leave my Cokin filter system attached to my lens a lot, I figured, this would be perfect to allow me to keep it on there even more. Previously I had to remove it every time I had to put the lens-cap back on. With this, I can just slide the cap in place and be on my way. Very nicely done. When properly inserted, the cap seals off the front glass of the lens preventing dirt and objects from making contact with the lens. The fit is very snug and will not fall out.

As stated, the filter needs to be inserted correctly. If you don't get it in the right slot, it will leave a gap allowing dust and dirt in. So please make sure you seat it well. This is a bit tricky at first, but if you watch for it, you'll catch it.

For the price, it is worth it, even if the price is a little high. In my opinion, better to spend the price of this cap, than to repair the front element of your lens. ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cokin lens cap, September 5, 2007
This review is from: Cokin P252 Filter Lens Cap, Series P (Electronics)
The one I received does not look anything like the photo. In fact I wasn't sure I ordered it. It does serve its purpose to protect the lens with the P holder mounted.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does it's job, March 20, 2014
This review is from: Cokin P252 Filter Lens Cap, Series P (Electronics)
This lens cap does it job, no fuss, no bother. If I need another, will not hesitate to buy one.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cokin P252 Filter Lens Cap Is What I Wanted, March 4, 2014
This review is from: Cokin P252 Filter Lens Cap, Series P (Electronics)
Yes, this came exactly as advertised and fits on the comparable P series filter sets. While a little-spendy for a simple piece of plastic, it was exactly as advertised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice fit, February 27, 2014
This review is from: Cokin P252 Filter Lens Cap, Series P (Electronics)
Although a lens cap is not necessary when using the square filters, this does a good job of sealing off the end of the lens to keep dirt out while your are hot using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my Cokin, February 9, 2014
Michael J. Hatten (Vancouver, Wa United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cokin P252 Filter Lens Cap, Series P (Electronics)
I got this cover because the last cover I had the thumb plate broke off. It was about 9 years old..

5.0 out of 5 stars After 30 years I broke 1 and had to replace it., January 31, 2014
Michael Bandfield (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cokin P252 Filter Lens Cap, Series P (Electronics)
The Cokin caps fit quite tight. Where the caps snap into place I bevel the catch on the cap and the holder to make them a little easier to remove. Yes, they are plastic but in Cokin's defense I would have to say that their products are very well made and fit precisely. I have used them for many years and have been very pleased with the fit, finish and function of the P series products.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›