Real Coca Cola Flavors for Your Soda Stream

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 2, 2012 3:28:14 PM PST
Glen Jarboe says:
Just after receiving a Soda Stream for Christmas, I wrote a review complaining about the product since even the standard flavors are sweetened with Splenda. SS also sells some naturally sweetened products but the price makes them far from competitive with store bought. I searched all over the internet but everything I found was as least as expensive as SS.

I then discovered that Coca Cola sells most of their popular flavorings in a Bag-in-Box format, presumably for retail establishments with soft drink dispensers. I then discovered that both Sam's Club and Costco sell these bag-in-box products. Unfortunately, the most popular drinks (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Mr. Pibb, and Dr. Pepper) only come in 5-gallon quantities, although some less popular flavors (Fanta Orange, Barq's Root Beer, Power Ade, Coke Zero, Minute Maid Lemonade, Nestea , and Cherry Coke) come in 2.5 Gallon sizes. The prices, respectively, are around $ 65 and $ 33. The products are also found online for about twice the Sam's and Costco prices. You can see the flavors offered by going to the Costco web site and search for "Coke Bag in Box"

http://www.costco.com/Common/Search.aspx?whse=BD_563&topnav=bdoff&search=syrup&N=0&Ntt=syrup&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US

One problem is that these products have a special fitting for attaching to the retail soda machines. However, on Ebay, I found the following product:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bag-Box-Soda-Hand-Dispenser-KIT-COKE-/260925705972?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc0624ef4

I used it to fill several 1 liter bottles with syrup which I keep in the refrigerator. I don't think the bag-in-box needs to be refrigerated. It is not purchased that way and
I have seen photos of restaurant installation with several bags-in-box in an open air rack and hooked to drink dispensers through hoses.

The bag in box drink mixes are mixed in a 5 to 1 ratio with soda water, so a 5 gallon bag in box produces about 30 gallons of soft drink. This is not too much of a problem for me since I mostly drink lemon-lime soda (Sprite). This works out to about 50 cents per liter and nothing else I found online even comes close.

Moreover, these drinks are the exact equivalent of those that you get from the fountain machine at, say, McDonalds. In fact, looking at McDonald's soda machine, the available flavors appear to be the very ones available as a bag-in-box. No surprise there.

I am now very happy with the convenience and the net drink price of my Soda Stream. I just wish all the Coke flavors came in the 2.5 gallon size.

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 12:58:42 PM PST
Sophie says:
The Cost-so won't deliver those to most areas, including Texas. And at Sam's Club I can only find Dr. Pepper. I am having a very hard time finding Diet Coke bag-in-box syrup.

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 1:34:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2012 1:40:14 PM PST
Glen Jarboe says:
My local Sam's club seems to have almost all of the flavors at prices similar to the ones shown online at the Costco web site. I am in Arlington, Texas and shop at the Sam's club on Anderson Blvd. I have also seen the Coke bag-in-box products online (ebay) but at about twice the price of Sams. You might also check with some restaurant supply houses to see if they have the products.

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 4:06:20 PM PST
Sophie says:
I am in San Antonio and can't find it. But a friend of mine is a restaurant manager and he thinks he can get me one. Thanks you. I'm gonna call SAMs too.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jan 2, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 10, 2012

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Sodastream Fountain Jet Soda Maker Starter Kit
Sodastream Fountain Jet Soda Maker Starter Kit by SodaStream
3.9 out of 5 stars   (2,354)