5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!! 10 stars would not be enough...
Published on September 4, 2011 by Janice D. Payne

2.0 out of 5 stars If only it was true...
Published on February 18, 2012 by Dimitri G

2.0 out of 5 stars If only it was true..., February 18, 2012
This review is from: Colavita White Balsamic Vinegar, 16.9 Ounce (Grocery)
It may taste great, but Colavita's "White Balsamic Vinegar" isn't real balsamic vinegar. Neither is their regular. Check the ingredients. Both list first "wine vinegar." Balsamic vinegars are not made with wine vinegars. Real balsamic vinegar, and there is a white balsamic vinegar version, is made from white Trebbiano grapes in the Modena and Emilia-Romagna region of Italy. Regular balsamic vinegar is cooked down 30%-50% and concentrated to produce a dark color and deep, rich flavor. Then it's aged in various wood barrels that are switched-out each year. White balsamic vinegar is cooked at high pressure to prevent caramelization, which gives the vinegar a golden color and gentler flavor. The white balsamic vinegar is then aged for one year; yielding the light color and flavor. I hope you find the real stuff - it's great!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!! 10 stars would not be enough..., September 4, 2011
This review is from: Colavita White Balsamic Vinegar, 16.9 Ounce (Grocery)
Purchased this for the first time at a local Walmart. It is $4.69 there. I did not want to get the kind with the carmel color for a dish that I was making so this was my other choice. This Vinegar will Be my one of choice from this point on it is nothing short of AMAZING, it is not so stong that it chokes you to death it is mellow and VERY VERY flavorful. as a matter of fact I just ordered 8 to stock up, free shipping made it so worth it, plus it is cheaper $1.23 cheaper per unit here than at the local Mart and there going to bring it right to the door No crowds, no angry drivers, no grouchy cashiers, THANKS AMAZON!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Authentic, September 3, 2013
This review is from: Colavita White Balsamic Vinegar, 16.9 Ounce (Grocery)
I realize that I'm saying the same thing as a previous reviewer, but it's important. This product is not authentic white balsamic vinegar. It tastes fairly nice, but real white balsamic vinegar is different and far better IMHO. This product is white wine vinegar with grape must added for sweetness. Authentic white balsamic vinegar is made from white grape juice aged for at least a year in casks of several different kinds of wood. Authentic balsamic vinegar is truly worth what it costs, either white or brown. Read ingredients carefully when looking for the authentic product. I do use Colavita "balsamic" vinegar when I'm mixing it with other ingredients and therefore diluting it. Authentic white balsamic vinegar is heavenly on fresh fruit, all by itself. Try it and you will get hooked!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, February 6, 2012
MY wife had some white balsamic from a store in Boston and loved it. So, I figured I'd get her some for Xmas; but I couldn't get to Boston! This product and seller gave me a good alternative. It is a fantastic product and she loves it. We use it with lemon or other infused olive oils on salad or what have you. NICE!

2.0 out of 5 stars White Wine Vinegar being sold as White Balsamic Vinegar, June 15, 2014
This review is from: Colavita White Balsamic Vinegar, 16.9 Ounce (Grocery)
I ordered this and received one bottle of Colavita White Balsamic Vinegar, 16.9 Ounce -- 6 per case. The shape of the bottle I received is not the same as the bottle pictured on this product page. The bottle I received is bottled out of New Jersey and the ingredients state: "Aged White Wine Vinegar and Must of White Grapes". Who is kidding who??

Here on Amazon real white balsamic vinegar would be White Balsamic Vinegar 6.8oz. Now that is a great white balsamic vinegar bottled out of Petaluma, California, a few miles from grape country. We first found it at a California farmer's market and fell in love with it. Highly recommend ordering here; it's worth it.

We just did a blind taste test with both vinegars dribbled on top of some sweet Golden Delicious apples. The discerning palate does not lie. While Colavita is not an entirely unpleasant wine vinegar, it is definitely not white balsamic vinegar. Balsamic vinegar is sweet; Colavita vinegar is tart. I do not recommend Colavita if you are looking for a TRUE white balsamic vinegar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for making restaurant quality salad dressing, December 25, 2013
This review is from: Colavita White Balsamic Vinegar, 16.9 Ounce (Grocery)
After making several attempts at reproducing my family's favorite Italian restaurant's salad dressing, I discovered Colavita's White Balsamic Vinegar. Now, we no longer have to go out for soup, salad and bread sticks. White Balsamic vinegar has a milder, less acidic taste than it's counterpart.

5.0 out of 5 stars addendum to above review, January 17, 2012
This review is from: Colavita White Balsamic Vinegar, 16.9 Ounce (Grocery)
This is the only white balsamic I have ever tasted, but it is delicious. It does make me want to try others, but when you're happy with what you have....!

6/4/12: Still happy with the vinegar, but what has happened to the price?! Out of sight!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Ingredient, February 28, 2014
This delicious vinegar is great for salad dressings when you want the balsamic taste but not the muddy color. It is also makes for a terrific pickling liquid for beets, daikon and other vegetables.

5.0 out of 5 stars white balsamic vinegar, August 1, 2013
This review is from: Colavita White Balsamic Vinegar, 16.9 Ounce (Grocery)
I love the white balsamic vinegar. When I make potato salad it doesn't turn brown as the dark balsamic. Marinate in chicken and both look very appetizing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Light and flavorful, but without Prime shipping, no dice., May 20, 2013
K. Kohl (SF Bay Area) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Colavita White Balsamic Vinegar, 16.9 Ounce (Grocery)
I bought this vinegar last year, when it could be shipped via Prime. We use it quite a bit, just with extra virgin olive oil, to make a light and flavorful dressing. It's become a staple in our house, but I will have to go search it out locally because I'm not paying almost as much for shipping now as I am for the vinegar itself. Bring it back to Prime, please!

Colavita White Balsamic Vinegar, 16.9 Ounce