4.0 out of 5 stars "I'LL GIVE YOU THE FINGER WHEN I'M DONE"
The acting and dialouge are so bad, the movie is funny. I was in LOL mode during the first hanging scene as a woman pleads for the life of the boy being hung. "Please, please, he is so young. Take me instead!"

Published on June 29, 2011 by The Movie Guy

1.0 out of 5 stars How not to make a western!!!!!!
Published on July 21, 2011 by stargate51

1.0 out of 5 stars How not to make a western!!!!!!, July 21, 2011
This review is from: A Cold Day in Hell (DVD)
This is really bad. The acting is so hokey and unconvincing. Madsen does practically nothing and his appearance is almost an after thought. The sound is terrible. Gunshots sound distant as if recorded on a cheap video camera. The special effects, as in dynamite explosions, are so hokey it makes me wonder if they used cartoon animators. This film smells like low,low budget. I can watch almost any crappy film but this was almost too much for me. Its one of the few dvd's that went straight from the dvd player to the trash!

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst. Movie. EVER., June 30, 2011
This review is from: A Cold Day in Hell (DVD)
Review title says it all.

I rated this 1 star out of 5 because they don't give you the option to choose no stars. Don't waste your money on this film. A pre-school class could have made something more entertaining than this. I feel robbed by the people who put this movie out there. If I could go back in time and had the choice between paying for this movie or throwing $100 down a toilet I would've chose the latter just because I wouldn't want to give the film producers 1 cent of my money for this rubbish.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star rating is undeserved flattery, July 3, 2011
This review is from: A Cold Day in Hell (DVD)
This "movie" is so bad that it is actually funny to watch. Terrible dialogue and wooden characterizations abound in this (Sorry, I can't force myself to insult other movies by calling this turkey a movie!) artless waste of time and film. Even the scenery is silly. Picture this: an 1887 western railroad town, with a nice smooth gravel main street! Not a horse hoof print or wagon track to be seen anywhere! The most entertaining thing about this movie was simply watching how unbelievable it was.

4.0 out of 5 stars "I'LL GIVE YOU THE FINGER WHEN I'M DONE", June 29, 2011
This review is from: A Cold Day in Hell (DVD)

Michael Madsen plays a US marshal on the take. The soundtrack is confusing at times as I expect zombies to appear at any moment. The camera gives a lot of facial close-ups while people are talking, although not always on the person doing the talking.

Scarsdale (Dave Long) has hired thugs to seize land and a town because the RR is coming through. As people get killed, Elizabeth Drayton (newcomer Heather Clark), having been raised by Indians too poor to send her to acting school, looks for her long lost daddy, sharpshooter William Drayton. It isn't hard to figure out how these two subplots come together.

William Drayton (Jim Hilton),who learned acting by watching Sam Elliot movies, has more dramatic pauses than a William Shatner film festival. The film was written, directed, produced, edited, and music written by Christopher Forbes, best known for being the illegitimate son of Ed Wood (just kidding, although if you told me it was true, I would believe it.)

one star sober, four stars with the funny stuff.

1.0 out of 5 stars A Bad Day in Hell, June 13, 2011
Oscar T Cat (Hyattsville, Maryland) - See all my reviews
Some nice shots of a steam locomotive but the best part comes a the 1 hr 36 min part when the movie is over.

1.0 out of 5 stars A cold day in hell, August 31, 2013
Save your money and time as this is so poor that I had to rate it. A high school play with anyone who would take a part would be better. Casting horrible and acting amateurish at best. Michael Madsen should have retired rather than be included in this movie.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Worst Western EVER Made, August 10, 2011
Jerome (St. Joseph, MO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Cold Day in Hell (DVD)
This movie defines AWFUL. In fact awful is a polite term for this rotten film.

Michael Madsen must have needed money REAL bad to be in this turkey. Despite being listed as the "star" of the film, his character has no real involvement in the film.

The script is atrocious. The "acting" is merely horrible in comparison.

The special effects are neither special nor effective.

I've been better cinematography in an amateur YouTube video. You also have an 1887 library with paperback books and a town that looks way too modern with streets that aren't mud but instead have crushed rock.

Finally the container for this DVD shows an entirely different film by its pictures and descriptions than what you wind up seeing.

Some reviewer named Stuart Alson says this is the best movie Madsen has done since "Reservoir Dogs". My response? Mr. Alson needs to be given a drug test - several in fact. I want to know what he was drinking, snorting, and/or smoking to make that comment.

Even though I got burned by buying this thing, I'm glad I got it second-hand. Some other fool made Lionsgate a few bucks, not me. I concur with other reviewers who say avoid this film at all costs. Wish I had seen those reviews before entering my local Hastings Entertainment outlet. Furthermore, I would think twice before buying ANYTHING from Lionsgate based on the trailers available on this DVD.

This film is without question THE WORST WESTERN EVER MADE. If you have someone you don't really like, give them this turkey of a film as a gift. Their misery will give you the best joy from this indescribably lousy film.

1.0 out of 5 stars AWFUL!, March 8, 2014
Don't waste you time watching this waiting for it to end. Bad plot, bad acting, and just bad everything. One star is overrating this movie.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very amaturish, February 23, 2014
One of the most amaturish movies I have ever seen. Seems to be written, directed, and acted by amatures, and not very bright ones at that. A real waste of time.

1.0 out of 5 stars WHAT THE HECK WAS THIS?, February 5, 2014
THIS WAS LIKE A MADE FOR TV GONE WRONG! SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE LEFT THIS WHOLE MOVIE ON THE CUTTING ROOM FLOOR!!

A Cold Day in Hell
A Cold Day in Hell by Christopher Forbes (DVD - 2011)
$19.98 $12.09