Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on December 14, 2012
Order: Pre-ordered this book far before the publication date; downloaded very early on the day without any problems.

Book: Big fan of this series. Wasn't sure where the story could progress after the previous installment, but this was another satisfying dose of the "Dresdenverse." After the twisty, expansive climax and resolution to this one, I'm intrigued about where the story will go, next--the mark of a good story, right?
on December 12, 2012
This book is a good read and fairly entertaining if you are a fan of the series. If you are new to the series, however, you might be a bit confused.

(spoiler alert)

This book takes place mainly in the course of one day and all though the book was great, it felt a bit cramped and not as fluid as some previous books in the series. As a whole "Cold Days" delivers a lot of content but leaves the reader wanting more.
on December 12, 2015
Harry is not the adorable charming kind Harry we fell in love with in this series. He does not think Mab is evil. He's against killing and Mab tried to kills him many times without conscience, is ruthless and tortures her subjects for years TORTURES THEM FOR YEARS AND HARRY DOESNT THINK SHE'S EVIL.. He thinks the naagloshii who tortured his brother is evil but MAB WHO KILLSFOR VERY LITTLE REASON IS NOT EVIL? And he had sex with Mab! So gross
on January 9, 2013
I love all of the Desden books. This is just another that had me on the edge of my seat and completly ignoring my other household dudies while I devoured the pages. I really enjoy how Jim butcher takes the time to really develop each and every one of the characters making you love or in some cases love to hate them. He always has twists and turns and does what would seem unthinkable. Without a doubt the best book series I have read to date!
on February 23, 2014
While this is still a good book, I miss the less complicated story-lines of the earlier Dresden Files novels. I found them less dark and sprinkled with more humor (so that means this is darker and has less humor). Since becoming the Winter Knight, Harry spends too much time in the Never-Never for my taste.

But... that's my taste... Harry Dresden is still a great character and I always look forward to reading about his exploits.
on December 13, 2012
I was introduced to this series by my boyfriend, I'm a big fan of fiction books, and this was a great recommendation. It's not the greatest literary achievement in the world but its an easy read, great humor, and the Jim Butcher definitely has a way with creating a new faerie world that makes you wish you could see for yourself. Awesome read, I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who's interested in a book of magic or magical creatures.
on December 17, 2012
My son and I love the Dresden Files. I brought home the first 6 or 7 paperbacks and we started reading them. They are very well written and we enjoy the plot twists. There are references to characters and events from previous novels, but they don't keep you from enjoying the current one. Each story is enough of a stand alone that you don't have to go back and read previous stories, but it makes me want to re read and re read again.
on December 24, 2012
I felt like I was waiting 3 years for the next book, when I couldn't listen to James Marsters' reading of Ghost Story. I never could get through reading my copy of THAT book. I much prefer to listen to the audio books while doing tasks. This book was so interesting that I listened to three hours of the Cold Days right away. So much new information and twists were introduced in Cold Days. I'll be eagerly awaiting the next book!
on December 13, 2012
This is the best book so far in this series of Harry Dresden tumultuous life, the highs and lows of this series are reaching critical mass and if you are not reading this series from the beginning you are missing out. Go get them all! Jim Butcher's wisecracking wizard for hire is a delicious tale of the human struggle between choosing good and evil and knowing when to cross the line, you know a little. I can't wait for the next book!
on July 29, 2013
Dresden stories tend to follow a specific formula, but it's a good formula, I always enjoy it and this one had enough unexpected twists to be very satisfying. I find Harry's continued increases in power to be supremely satisfying. I only wish he'd be allowed the comfort of female companion at some point. His level of restraint over 13 books has established his chivalry beyond any doubt... I think he deserves some appropriate reward.