5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says
Cold Steel's description says it all. I'm just here to say it REALLY does it all. I've broken up old posts, knocked down a dead tree, left it outside in the snow, and used it for more training sessions than I can remember (where I was both the giver and the receiver). And it works for baseball too.

I bought two shorties (the Crusher) because I intended to use...
Published on November 1, 2011 by Dan Bergevin

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, however...
Published 23 months ago by BigNick

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, November 1, 2011
Dan Bergevin (danbergevin dot com) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Cold Steel Brooklyn Crusher (Sports)

I bought two shorties (the Crusher) because I intended to use them for solo martial arts practice in the yard, the house, and in class. I ended up loving them so much I picked up the bigger brother (the smasher) mostly for the added reach in the batting cage and during demolition work.

Long live synthetics... this thing will outlive you, assuming you don't saw it in half or throw it in a fire. Any damage it takes can mostly be buffed out with sandpaper, and it's never going to warp, crack, rust, or otherwise decay (much to the dismay of environmentalists).

Get a pair - tuck one under your bed and prop one next to your door. And be sure to practice your swing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plastic bat, January 4, 2013
Norseman IX (CA central coast) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cold Steel Brooklyn Crusher (Sports)
It's a plastic bat that I have sitting next to my bed. I bought it for home defense and if someone comes into my home and I swing for the fences they are going to be in a world of hurt. A head shot will result in fatality. Have a nice day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good melee weapon for the coming zombie apocalypse, December 26, 2010
Brian (MO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cold Steel Brooklyn Crusher (Sports)
Seriously, the zombies are coming, and with this you can crack a few skulls. Its unbreakable. There are better options out there, but this one is cheap, and wouldn't look to out of place in your vehicle or closet. No one will know you are ready for the zombie apocalypse... but there you are... ready to rock and roll.

5.0 out of 5 stars A little home defense for the wife, March 29, 2011
This review is from: Cold Steel Brooklyn Crusher (Sports)
When you talk about Home Defense typically people look toward guns, but for my wife who is not comfy around fire arms but is very comfy around baseball bats found that this product provided a more durable tool should the need ever come to pass.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great weapon provided there's no guns involved, February 1, 2012
This review is from: Cold Steel Brooklyn Crusher (Sports)
This bat makes me feel empowered when I hold it. The fact that it's a little shorter and a little heavier than a traditional baseball bat lets me know the guys at Cold Steel knew what they were trying to accomplish when they were making this bat. I carry this bat around in my car and especially to the gas station and other general areas where I don't feel the safest. The bat is made out of a heavy-duty plastic and has "unbreakable baseball bat" written on it so you know it's good. I gave this product a 5 out of 5 stars simply because it does exactly what you need it to do: crack heads.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, however..., July 29, 2012
This review is from: Cold Steel Brooklyn Crusher (Sports)
This product would be really great except for the flimsey feeling in the handle. It is very top heavy and the plastic should be stiffer towards the grip. If you are buying this for an alternate home defense weapon bear in mind it takes more effort to accelerate this into a target. It may do more damage upon impact because of the heft, however I don't see it as being quite as accurate and I don't see it as able if you intend to land multiple blows. I'd feel more comfortable waking up in the night with a decent aluminum bat for home defense..

4.0 out of 5 stars Tough poly club, April 17, 2012
This review is from: Cold Steel Brooklyn Crusher (Sports)
This is more like a club in the shape of a bat. It's made of poly, which makes it sorta flexible but also very tough. This is a nice non-lethal response weapon. It's good to have options. You could go with a wood or aluminum bat with similar results, but they're both more expensive and liable to break.

Consider putting some nice long screws through the end of the bat if you want to go for a more lethal response.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to keep by the back door., April 9, 2012
This review is from: Cold Steel Brooklyn Crusher (Sports)
I bought this mainly to keep handy if there should be anybody sneaking around my house or if anyone should break in while I was home. This item is very well put together and has a nice solid feel to it. I choose the Crusher (29") over the Smasher (34") just because I wanted the shorter length, its more handy. The weight is perfect; it's not too heavy because you wanna be able to swing this pretty easily, but have enough weight behind it to really do some damage. 5 gold stars. I highly recommend this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Product, June 22, 2011
This review is from: Cold Steel Brooklyn Crusher (Sports)
The service and shipping is wonderful. For my order, they delivered the bat before the estimated time, the bat was in prime condition. Although people say that the bat is overweight, I personally think that is a testament to the overall quality and durability of this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Swing batter ...swing!!!, December 6, 2013
This review is from: Cold Steel Brooklyn Crusher (Sports)
What can I say about the Brooklyn crusher. Extremely well-made bat. You would expect nothing less from Cold Steel. Its uses are limitless. Indestructible and easy to clean. Nice grip, well-balanced. A trusty copilot.
... Would also be okay for baseball.

Cold Steel Brooklyn Crusher