4.0 out of 5 stars It's alright I suppose.
Pro's;
-Decently sharp blade. You have to use a lot of power behind your swings if you want this spear to cut something.
-Has no trouble piercing just about anything, probably except concrete(sarcastic).
-Fairly light weight, but not to bad.
-Really long. I am 6'1" and the spear goes well up to 7'+.

Con's;
-The wooden ash staff or pole...
Published on April 19, 2011 by Nick

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke first time I used it
The blade on this is razor sharp. The first boar I hunted with it died quickly from a horrific wound. About a 100 lbs sow.

The problem is she broke the spear blade in half when she ran off. I guess for 80 bucks it's not bad as a single use weapon. Had I known it was so cheaply made I would have brought several with me.
Published on April 1, 2012 by Alexander Lenard

4.0 out of 5 stars It's alright I suppose., April 19, 2011
Pro's;
-Fairly light weight, but not to bad.
-Really long. I am 6'1" and the spear goes well up to 7'+.

Con's;
-The wooden ash staff or pole is very thick, and because of this, it makes you
feel like you don't have a good grip on the spear. At least it did for me.
-No sheath was included. I thought I would end up getting a condura sheath or
something. Nope! So you have to buy one if you want to protect blade as well as prevent it
from stabbing others in a car transit.
-The end of the pole for which you mount the spear on, needs to be sanded in order for the spear head to be mounted properly. From the factory,
the pole has not been trim down to a proper thickness for the spear to fit perfectly snug. So
prepare to do some sanding or cutting.
-The wood stain on the ash wood pole, when wet comes very slippery. I suggest you sand it down
a little with maybe a 100grit sandpaper to prevent this. It also provides a better grip this way.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Show Piece, May 13, 2011
This review is from: Cold Steel Boar Spear with Ash Wood Handle (Sports)
The piece is very sturdy. I was surprised by the size of the blade; it is actually close to 3 1/2" wide and nearly 18" long (rough estimates). I was disappointed that it was "single-sided"; concave on one side, convex on the other. It would make a nice display piece, but won't be suitable for killing the foam "boars" from horseback, which was my intended use. I am keeping it for show. The blade required assembly onto the shaft and the screws needed to be pre-drilled to go into the hard ash.

5.0 out of 5 stars cold steel boar spear, September 19, 2011
This review is from: Cold Steel Boar Spear with Ash Wood Handle (Sports)
Of course it arrived promptly, and for the hog NEUTRALIZERS, this is THE tool of choice. The steel is high quality, I had to use a carbide dental drill bit to put a 1/4 hole in it for a cord. The Ash handle is a firm 7' extension of your will and senior Bacon will not survive. Best on the market as far as i'm concerned!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cold Steel Boar Spear, January 31, 2012
This review is from: Cold Steel Boar Spear with Ash Wood Handle (Sports)
The Cold Steel Boar Spear is impressive, sharp, and shaft was stout. However, the spear head did not fit on shaft correctly. I had to remove some of the finish and wood for the spear head to fit. I am pleased with the item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, March 19, 2011
This review is from: Cold Steel Boar Spear with Ash Wood Handle (Sports)
Rugged, very sharp, well balanced, sturdy staff. spear head fits extremely tight on staff so no twist or falling off. I use it as a walking stick and protection for encounters with aggressive predators.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke first time I used it, April 1, 2012
Alexander Lenard (STUART, FL United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Weapon, May 20, 2014
This review is from: Cold Steel Boar Spear with Ash Wood Handle (Sports)
I purchased this spear a few years ago, I have since harvested a number of animals using this weapon to include white tail deer and wild boar. This weapon is very proficient and deadly. I enjoy hunting with it more than my recurve bow. Magnificent piece of equipment. I would definately recommend it to any avid hunter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warthog hunted with cs boar spear., August 19, 2013
This review is from: Cold Steel Boar Spear with Ash Wood Handle (Sports)
I've carried my cs boar spear now for 6 years in the African bush on my hunting excursions,and it has dispatched many a wounded animal in the follow-up,mainly Baboon and Warthog. In August 2013 I achieved the ultimate for me ,when after an exciting 8-hour solo walk-and stalk without the help of dogs ,spanning 2 days, I eventually managed to kill a big trophy Warthog with a throw of 7 m. [+_ 25 ft.].The big 18" blade penetrated completely just behind the shoulder blades severing 3 ribs at the entry and 4 ribs at the far side, destroying the heart,liver and one lung in the process. It was only stopped penetrating any further by the two 'shoulders' where the blade met the ash wood handle! The massive 3" wound that the razor sharp blade made caused the Warthog to expire very quickly.It was an ethical hunt of true epic portions that has never been achieved before in this part of the Limpopo on any of the hunting concessions for a 150 km radius.This cs boar spear is a real beast and morale booster to have with me when alone out in the wild.I would definitely recommend it to anybody that are going to spend some time alone in the wild.Thank you cold steel for the insight to produce this quality product that stood the test of time when it matters!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, February 8, 2011
Dallas (Clearwater, FL, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cold Steel Boar Spear with Ash Wood Handle (Sports)
Great Spear, love it. Comes straight out of the package ready for any sort of slashing or jabbing you may have in mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars First of all, THIS DOES COME WITH A SHEATH ..., November 20, 2014
This review is from: Cold Steel Boar Spear with Ash Wood Handle (Sports)
First of all, THIS DOES COME WITH A SHEATH. The top review said it did not so now I have two of them. Spear is exactly as advertised. No downsides for the price.

Cold Steel Boar Spear with Ash Wood Handle