Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cold Steel Counter Point II knife
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Price:$46.45+ Free shipping

on August 23, 2011
I've been checking out the new designs from Cold Steel, since I love their folders but want something smaller for EDC and have had trouble with the black finished blades peeling.

This little monster is tough and wicked. The blade is slim and stout, nicely sharp and needle-pointed (especially with the back false edge), with a super-tight, super-strong lock-up (one con: needs two hands to close it). The Grivory handles are fully lined, tough and reasonably grippy. The pocket clip will reverse side-to-side but not tip-up from tip-down. The grip has a tactical finger guard--like the boot knife it's been designed after--that will keep your hand secure, but makes it hard to get a thumb on the back of the blade for leverage or close work (I doubt it was designed for that anyway). It's a nice EDC size and weight, though a bit stout in the grip (when open, it doesn't feel like a folding knife).

Excellent price for the quality--I hope to see more products like this from Cold Steel
on July 12, 2011
The Cold Steel "Counter Point II" is a great little EDC. Weighing in at only 2.2 oz it's barely there when clipped in your pants pocket. It's designed as more of a boot knife with its small profile and 3 inch blade but to me functions great as a light inconspicuous folder. Containing a sold Tri-ad locking mechanism and perfectly contoured shape, cutting tasks can be accomplished with confidence and ease. When folded closed the knife can also serve as a make shift kubotan, giving you increased utility in a small package - and at this price point this thing is a steal, highly recommended.
review image
on January 4, 2012
When I received this knife, I was stunned at how light it was! 2.2 ounces is LIGHT. When I keep it in a pocket, I don't ever feel it until I need it. The grip on this knife is also superb - despite its small size, my hand can grip it very well. It even has an indent at the top to rest your thumb if you're holding it with the blade downwards. The blade is razor sharp out of the box, and maintains an edge overtime well depending on how much you use it. The lock on this knife is amazingly strong and it takes a while to get used to. However, it probably won't ever fail to remain locked as long as you take care of it. The only downside to this knife is that the speed on deployment is not the best for a tactical knife. However, if you flick it out, it opens fairly fast. If you're looking for a fast knife for the same cost and quality, I recommend the Kershaw Skyline. Overall, a great knife for the money and good for edc( every day carry).
on September 14, 2011
I have to say that this is an amazing EDC (every day carry). The 3" blade is perfect length. My home state has a 4" law on non-switch blade knives so I have too look for sub 4" blades. This is hard when you are low on cash and trying to find a blade that is of quality and doesn't have all the fancy addons (assisted opening, fancy colors or design, etc). I always bought cheap blades since I don't have much cash to spend and they always fail (the slash in my hand/pinkie tells it all). This knife is a whole nother story though.

PROs:
To start off with, it is of good steel. I haven't been able to use and abuse it yet to test it, but my other AUS 8a knife has performed better than any 440 blade I ever owned. Second, the handle has a great shape to hold the four fingers. Third, they clip is good. There are holes on both sides allowing for both left and right handers. It is pretty tight so it holds on pretty well. I've had knives with 1/2" clips that don't hold on as well as this one. And last, and probably most import, IMHO, the locking system. It uses the Tri-Ad lock which has a lockback design. All I can say, I would probably trust my life to it. It is very tight at first, but becomes easier to close after about 200 open close cycles, without diminishing the strength of the lock itself. Though to close it, you must use your thumb, no other finger has the strength.

CONs:
The cons are definitely subjective to me.
1: The handle is about 2-3mm too short for me. (I know, way to be picky about nothing, right?).
2: The lip on the top of the handle is a little hard to hold the thumb on if you need that extra torque. Again, that's just my thumb, but hey.
3: You must use two hands to close. (What can I say, I'm lazy like that.)
4: It doesn't come with a sharpening stone?

Other than that, I would say this is an amazing knife. Great if you live in length law states.
on August 8, 2013
I have to start out by saying that I own and have owned multiple knife brands out there such as SOG, Cold Steel, Case, Buck, CRKT, Kershaw, and numerous others. This is the first pocket knife that I have found that I love the design and feel when in hand. It is not bulky or too big as some of the other ones I have owned. The blade construction is flawless and holds an edge for a very long time which I have been using mine for at least 8 months now and haven't had to resharpen it once. I use it for regular day to day things like cutting occasional tape, ropes, plastic, etc. The price for this knife is very good for the quality that is received. The ONLY downside I have found with this knife is that it is a little difficult to open with one hand. Harder than all the others I have owned. I am still giving it a 5 star because of the construction quality and design.
on December 9, 2015
Great little knife. Just slightly too small for my large hands to get a full grip, but that's not a big deal. Came razor sharp from CS and locks up like a bank vault (as do all of CS's Triad-lock knives). There are very few knives of this size that I would trust in a truly abusive situation, but this bad boy is a tiny tank. The clip is also very strong. Just another well-made, sturdy knife from Cold Steel.

A definite consideration for knife enthusiasts unfortunate enough to live in locales with blade-length restrictions.
on September 24, 2013
This knife handle is made of a pretty sturdy plastic which I am fine with because it makes it lighter.

The blade is fairly hard to flip open with anything other than your thumb.

The overall build quality is nice, after a month's use, th blade is still sharp and I have had no probles with the knife.

I rated this 4 stars instead of 5 because I felt the blade could be sharper and easier to open.
on March 1, 2012
Great little knife! Very light and sharp right out of the box. Have had it about a month now. Mine came a bit tight, but after working the blade and lock release for a while plus just a little 3-in-1 oil, it works flawlessly. Fits my hand perfectly. I moved the clip to the other side without problems. My only complaint is wish the clip mounted at the edge of the knife so it sat deeper in my pocket.
on July 31, 2012
This knife is hair popping sharp out of the box. I use it for every minor cutting tassk I may encounter even used it to easily slice off a lump of matted tangled hair off my cat lol. Maintains a sharp edge haven't had to sharpen it yet after a couple months of ownership. Yes it's a little stiff when opening and closing at first I used some wd-40, and can carefully and fairly easily open and close this knife one handed. And for the pocket clip, tighten it down and use your finger to bend it out a little so it doesn't tear up your pocket. Very happy with my purchase.
on April 2, 2013
For what it's worth, I am someone who carries and uses a folding pocket knife everyday. I have a few Cold Steel products and have given many Cold Steel products as gifts but, I've never owned nor carried a Cold Steel pocket folder until this one.

My personal requirements in a everyday-carry, EDC, folding-pocket-knife are strength, weight, speed and edge retention. Cold Steel products are known for their quality in materials so the Counter Point II is no exception. The knife literally weighs a few ounces so, it's comfortable to have in your front pants pockets all day. Speed is a crucial aspect to my requirements because of the potential situations my knife could be used. For example, emergency chocolate extractions from card board containers and life threatening situations like when you've run out of coffee and can not open the new bag of grinds. And finally edge-retention, nothing is more humbling than pulling out a knife to heroically cut open that piece of paper and finding the paper to be sharper than your knife...

So, cut through any challenge life might throw at you with a easy to carry Counter Point II from Cold Steel, you won't be dis-a-pointed!!! See what I did there!!!....