5.0 out of 5 stars ColdGear is HOT!
I seldom submit reviews, but this product is so amazing I felt compelled to share my opinion.
Published on January 1, 2011 by TBarclay

3.0 out of 5 stars Pick a bigger size
First: These are warm. If you intend to do ANY physical activity, you will heat up fast. If you intend to walk around in the snow, this is ohKay, but if you are shoveling, running, fixing the house, or even walking for more then 15 minutes, you are going to sweat. The sweat wicks away, but takes some time.
The size is small. If you follow their chart, you should pick...
Published 23 months ago by Brian Dowrick

5.0 out of 5 stars ColdGear is HOT!, January 1, 2011
I spend most of my working hours outside in all types of weather and temperatures. Over the years I have bought many different brands and types of undergarments(including ones that compare there product to Under Armour) to keep me warm during the winter months with mixed results. Some were warm but too bulky to provide free movements and were uncomfortably hot if I had to work indoors, others just didn't keep me warm. Many shrank so much after the first washing that I could not wear them afterward.
After reading the reviews for the Under Armour ColdGear, I decided to give it a try, despite the relatively high price. When my purchase arrived and I took the garments out of the box and I was disappointed with how thin and light-weighted they were. Three days later we had our first really cold day with temps. in the lower teens. I put the garments on. The fit was excellent and the material is very soft, stretchy and comfortable, but I still had my doubts it could keep me warm as thin and lightweight as it is. After spending several hours in the cold with 15 mph winds, I was totally amazed. This product works and performs better that I could ever imagine. This fit and feel is so good there is no restriction of movement what so ever. When transitioning between outside cold to inside warmth I never felt overheated, even after extended time indoors. I have washed these garments about 10 times since purchased. The fit remains the same as new. The construction and materials are first class.
If you spend time outdoors in cold weather and want to stay warm and comfortable, spend a little more for this high quality garment that really, really works.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pick a bigger size, December 29, 2012
Brian Dowrick (Hawthorne, CA United States) - See all my reviews
The size is small. If you follow their chart, you should pick a size bigger then you need. It fits like a compression shirt, but has very little stretch. I got a Large, and the wrists fit snug, and I can not push the shirt up to my forearms.
Awesome shirt, but fits tight, and very little stretch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alaska Wilderness tested., July 15, 2012
I purchased the Cold Gear 3.0 tops and bottoms for my recent 4 day trip into the back country of Denali National Park, Alaska (as well as near the Gulf of Alaska). I mainly slept in them because they are too warm (except perhaps for extremely cold days) for the activity of hiking with a loaded pack.

One night was in the low 30's with what must have been 40mph winds and rain/hail. All I was wearing were these (a hat and wool socks) and a extremely light summer 60 degree + sleeping bag and I was warm enough to sleep.

Bottom line? If you need these for VERY LOW ACTIVITY OR NONE AT ALL (sleeping) in very cold temps then these should work great. IF you are looking for something to wear during the day where you will be active do your self a favor and get the lighter version of these as you will be too hot.

They also dry VERY quickly while wearing. They are basically dry straight from the washing machine also. ( I do not even put them in the dryer, I just hang them up for a bit.

As far as sizing, I am Male, 150lbs, and 5'8" and the small fit perfectly. (I ordered the medium and small and tried them both, the small was better for my size)

Feel free to ask any questions! and if this was helpful please rate it as helpful! (If not, tell me what I could do better!) Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect buy, November 5, 2013
I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone. And I would recommend 3.0. If you're debating between 2/3/4. Get the 3. It's just warm enough so you can wear this with a shirt and jacket in the coldest of weather. Then if you need to move around a lot or something you can take off the jacket and it's perfect. The 4 is too warm. 2 is not warm enough. Get the 3.0 for sure

5.0 out of 5 stars A skier's choice, February 19, 2013
I am a pretty aggressive skier.I had a lot of difficulty choosing the appropriate thickness for my base layer. What is the difference with the 2.0, 3.0 or 4.0? In short based on my experience with this product 3.0 is ideal for temperatures -5 to 5 degrees Celcius. If your are hitting 4 or 5 and up go for the 2.0. If you are skiing in Vermont, go for the 4.0! This is a great product, so much so I am buying my father a pair for his birthday.

In terms of size, I didn't want something too snug. I do have kind of belly and in warm days this is the only layer underneath the jacket that I ll wear. This product has the perfect snug if you are not looking for a compressed style gear.

5.0 out of 5 stars SPECTACULAR, April 27, 2011
Krishna Melarkode "Kris M" (LEXINGTON, KENTUCKY United States) - See all my reviews
I brought this for a one week trip to Alaska. I really wish I had brought this earlier for the Ky winters. I am thoroughly impressed with this product.

I could walk outside in 15-20F on with just this, a t-shirt and a windbreaker. The material is soft and absorbs moisture. I didn't want to take this off - it was that comfortable. I would definitely definitely recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars For cold weather worth every penny..., February 27, 2011
So I live in New England and icefish on weekends.I was looking for something warm yet not bulky to wear,I did my research and found this shirt,the price was steep but the reviews seemed to say this shirt is what I was looking for. After a month of use im writing this review to tell anyone who spends time outdoors and is looking for warmth not bulk, buy this shirt, worth every penny...so warm

5.0 out of 5 stars WARM AND COMFY, December 24, 2010
VERY WARM AND VERY COMFY. I WORK OUTSIDE IN THE WINTER AND WEARING THESE AS A BASE LAYER MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Downright incredible!, July 28, 2011
Carny1122 (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
Received this as a Christmas present due this past December. This stuff is practically worth its weight in gold. I'm an avid snowboarder and have used all types of different base layers - cotton long johns, synthetic materials, but regardless of what I used, I ALWAYS ended up having to use extra layers on top of it - thermal shirts, hoodies, whatever, and I would have to layer and layer and layer. My Columbia jacket that I use also has a reasonably warm liner that is removable, and I would most times have my base layer, a thermal shirt, the liner, then the outer shell. Way too much. I found that with this base layer on, I rarely even needed my jacket's liner! It's remarkably warm down to about 25 degrees. I went from 4, bulky layers to 2 layers on a good day (sitting around 25-30 degrees F) and 3 layers on cold nights of snowboarding. Incredible stuff, very durable, and well worth the price. I would recommend this to any snow-sports nut or anyone who is a cold-weather hunter, worker, etc. Absolutely great, great stuff (and I didn't mention yet, but I have the 3.0 pants, too...just as incredible!).

5.0 out of 5 stars warm and comfortable in Ukraine, February 23, 2012
Eastern Europe has suffered through its coldest winter in decades this year. When I decided at the last minute to take on a project in Ukraine, I looked at weather reports, watched news reports about snow-stranded towns and hundreds dead, and decided that going to Ukraine was a stupid idea. Then I found that people were counting on me and my stupid sense of obligation kicked in, so I hurried to Amazon to look for something to get me through temperatures arround zero Fahrenheit (that was the high my first day here). Under Armour top, Under Armour bottom, Under Armour socks, a sweatshirt, and an overcoat, and I've been comfortably warm. I've gone out on days so cold I couldn't move my lips to talk after a couple of minutes, the pain in my head and ears (even with a hat) was excruciating, my camera was fused to my face by freezing tears, but from the neck down, I was perfectly comfortable even after a couple of hours outside. I go in a nice warm restaurant, take off the overcoat, and I don't overheat. The shirt moves with me, doesn't feel binding (though it is skin tight), doesn't feel bulky. It's amazing.

Now temperatures are warming (40 degrees today) and I'm getting ready to go home to Louisiana (and maybe get some reconstructive surgery on my face, maybe a couple of new ears), but I'm keeping the Under Armour in case I ever do something this stupid again. And I don't care if they think I'm a terrorist or a bank robber and shoot me in the street, next time I'm wearing the Under Armour balaclava.