Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cole Haan Men's Santa Barbara LoaferSaddle Tan10 M US
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: 10 D(M) US|Color: Saddle Tan|Change
Price:$49.50 - $158.00

on March 12, 2008
Great comfort with the Nike Air technology incorporated into the sole. The leather is high grade and it is a hand stitched shoe. Looks very well made. What you would expect from Cole Haan. However, after a year's wear the sole started cracking where the arch meets the rubber. One call to Cole Haan and they are replacing the shoes for free.
33 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 28, 2015
Slightly narrower than the brown pair that is just like them - much less comfortable than the brown pair. They just need a bit of breaking in. I was hoping these were the same/similar to another pair I have that are very soft and supple, have the same construction, and sole. This leather is a bit stiffer, but again, will become more comfortable with wear.

Update: I've worn them twice - and look at the finish. Where they bend as I walk, the finish is ruined. Apparently the leather is much stiffer than I thought. I wish I had worn them sooner so that I could return them. The worst Cole Haan experience I have ever had.
review image review image
on October 6, 2015
The shoe looks beautiful, until you wear it. I wore these shoes to work today for the first time and the leather has cracked and pulled/whatever you want to call it. Someone prior to me posted pictures of his shoes damaged after only wearing once, and I can attest that it does indeed happen. It's a damn shame because these are beautiful shoes, but poorly made.

It's sad that I can spend $50 on a pair of Sketchers that will last me for years, but If I supposedly want to "step up in style" I am presented with a product from Cole Haan that is cheaply made and doesn't hold up. I only wore them once! and I barely walked in them! C'mon Cole Haan! SHAME ON YOU.

** on a side note - The dark brown pair seem to have held up a little better. I wore them once, as well, but I did notice some cracking, but since they are brown it hides it better.

Buy these at your own risk, but you've been warned!!
review image review image review image review image
on January 23, 2016
The leather looks cheap, but don't let that fool you: it IS cheap. The finish is shiny and crinkly. I've worn them 10 times now and they're not even starting to break in-- they're still uncomfortable. The "Nike Air Technology" has less give than if they just made the soles out of Vibram--- I simply don't get the point of it other than the branding opportunity.

I've been wearing Cole Haan shoes my entire adult life, and the poor quality of this shoe is like a cold slap. If you can get them for $50 (as I did) you probably won't regret buying them too much. But these are cheap shoes.

Note: Cole Haan was bought by a venture capital company a few years ago. I think we can assume that they will slash costs to slightly up the profit margin, then sell off the shell of a once-great company. I'll miss Cole Haan.

EDIT: the stitching busted on both shoes after about the 12th wearing. Downgrading them to one star, doubling down on what I said above, and throwing them out.
on November 23, 2014
The reviewers who said that these split across the soles are correct. I've had three pairs do the same thing. I bought them in brown and really liked the style. Within a few months (and I don't wear them more than a couple times a week), they split across the sole at the ball of the foot and were unusable. I figured that was a fluke, and bought them again in brown and black, like an idiot. The brown ones did the same thing again. On the black ones, which I saved for special occasions and almost never wore, the right heel fell off, and I can see the same split happening on the soles of both shoes. I've never had anything like this happen with any other shoes before. I called Cole Haan, and they said I'm welcome to send them in for refurbishing. I don't want that, or see that working. No more Cole Haan for me. There are much better shoes out there...
on April 28, 2016
I have purchased a number of shoes for work over the past few years, and these are by far the absolute worst.

Firstly, the style is ugly. The ridge around the shoe is very pronounced, they look weird, and the very square toe simply makes them look short and dumpy. Not elegant or classy in any way. The kind of thing a poorly dressed teacher might wear.

The appeal is the clever Air Nike cushion, but any comfort one might derive from that is lost in the horrific design of the back of the shoe that digs into the achilles area so badly, your feet get cut up like a lady who wears painful high heel shoes.

I can't remember the last time a pair of shoes actually broke my skin, even through thick socks. And that's not even walking that far.

I have purchased cheaper and much more expensive shoes in the past 12 months, and all of them I could wear with comfort from day one. I don't have unusual feet, or any health issues that make it hard to find good shoes. I don't have to do a lot of standing or walking in a typical work day. But these were completely unbearable, and I'm sending them right back.

Save yourself the hassle, and don't buy these in the first place.
on December 18, 2014
Let me start by saying these shoes look good and are comfortable. Let me caution they will only last 3 months before the sole will start to split at the ball of the foot. I have literally had at least 5 pairs of these shoes. I buy them, wear them, they break and I exchange them. Cole Haan should be ashamed of the quality of the soles on these shoes. The soles are downright horrible. It is inexcusable that they break so easily. Cole Haan knows about this problem and Cole Haan does not care. Cole Haan customer service is horrible at best. Be warned they will only last a very short time.
on December 22, 2013
I've had about 5 pair of these over the past 15 years. Same shoe, same fit, same great comfort. Highly endorse
on September 25, 2015
These are the most comfortable shoes I have worn for a long time. From the beginning the shoes were extremely hard to break in but after a few days the leather breaks and you start feeling the Nike air in the heels.

You can wear them on a casual date with a nice pair of boot cut jeans or thy go really well with some dress pants. These shoes are very versatile but you have to be wearing boot cut jeans. The ones I wear are from 7 of man kind and for those of you that know. They are expensive but last you a long time so their worth the $150-$200 price tag. Thankfully I got mine on sale.
on December 29, 2015
Love this shoe. It is very comfortable and feels like you are wearing gym shoes. It offers great arch support. They look nice with both casual and dress attire. Some may not agree with the dress attire but since I am more into comfort they are great for me with a suit too. This is my third pair. I first bought a polish black and brown pair together. The polish black holds it form a little better, while the leather on the brown seems to give in a little. But I basically where the black pair every day since I bought them. I loved them so much that I bought another pair of the black just to have once my first pair wore out, but I am still wearing the first pair of black after wearing them everyday since July 2015 and this is the end of December. This is pretty good for me because I am a large guy that normally wears out my shoes pretty good and it very unusual for me to have a pair this long that are still in good shape.