Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

on August 2, 2013
Style: This is such a stylish shoe; I get so many compliments when I'm wearing them, and they match with a surprising number of things (I have the blue one).

Comfort: This is easily the most comfortable non-running shoe I've ever worn. It's on-par with my running shoes. It's lightweight, has good traction when it's wet out, and is very comfortable and cushioned.

I'm only buying LunarGrands for non-work shoes from now on.

This shoe is a 10 out of 10.

* One addition: I believe this shoe runs a 1/2 size large
on June 19, 2014
I own several Cole Hann shoes and boots including two pairs of Lunargrands.
While the Lunargrands have "Cole Hann styling cues" they are not the same as buying at the upper end of the Cole Haan line.
These shoes are made of a cheaper grade of leather than say Martin boots (great lace up boots BTW), or the Air Madison line. It is pretty clear to me that the marketeers at Cole Haan (now Nike) designed this line of shoes to be their "entry level" shoe appealing to those who wanted to say they were wearing Cole Haan withoutd paying the price.
I would ONLY buy Lunargrands on sale for this and a quality reason: they are not shoes you will own for a decade.
While either of those two lines require some break in to be as comfortable as the Lunargrands are right out of the box, it is doubtful you will get as much life out of the Lunargrands as it appears the Lunargrands are glued uppers atop integrated foam rubber soles. Your local shoe man will not be able to repair these and sending them back to Cole Haan refurbishment department will result in a charge about equal to what you would pay for these on sale ($85) - if they choose to do anything at all.
If you can buy these on sale for around the $100 price point they are worth while, but if you are looking for a classic, long wearing dress shoe, then look up the Cole Haan line to either the ones mentioned above or the Air Adams (notice "The Presidential" lines are of better quality?). These will cost you 20% - 30% more than the list of Lunargrands, but will last far longer. I also have a pair of Colton lace up boots that are quite nice, but not as readily available.
Almost universally, I find the Cole Haan line to be large for my feet and always buy down at least 1/2 size.. My low volume foot measures a 12 C/D, but I usually buy an 11 Medium (D) in Cole Haan, with the Martin and Colton Boots coming in t 11.5 and all shoes Lunargrands and Madisons at an 11. I always put an aftermarket arch support in all of these boots and shoes and still order down a size.
If you have a full volume foot, this may not be true for you.
Lastly, on the two pairs of Lunargrands I have the heel box is tight. Given my narrow heel, I like this feature, but if you have a wide foot it may be uncomfortable.
on December 20, 2013
it is a pair of comfortable shoe. the reason why I rate 4 stars is one of the shoes looks like it has been wore already when comparing to the another one. anyway, I like it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2014
These are great shoes -- but research on the internet for the best price. I found them for less in all colors.