4.0 out of 5 stars Takes a little time to break in.
Published on July 1, 2010 by D. Klingensmith

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice shoe if you like...
Published on November 23, 2008 by Christopher Mcintire

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice shoe if you like..., November 23, 2008
The color of the shoe was better than I thought. The shoe is made of a more traditional, stiff leather. It is a little loose and the right foot when I step creases across the toes causing discomfort. I kept them because I liked the style and color. I have hopes the leather will eventually soften with use. It is my first pair of cole hans. The price was right on amazon!

2.0 out of 5 stars Cole Haan must not know what wide is!, May 30, 2013
Great shoe and have a pair I have worn before. The sizing is wrong. They run very small. Ordered a wide E and was too small. Received credit immediately.

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes a little time to break in., July 1, 2010
I just purchased my 3rd pair. Most of the reviews indicate these shoes are a lot stiffer and take much longer to break in than previous Cole Haan shoes they've owned in the past. This newest pair is no exception. Before I wear them for the 1st time, I treat them with a high quality leather conditioner and let them sit for a few days. I find this works very well and the shoes soften up much quicker. Once they're broken in, they are still one of the best shoes I've owned. Purchasing them on Amazon for only $70, made this recent purchase a "no-brainer".

1.0 out of 5 stars They Changed Manufactures, October 27, 2013
I've worn this shoe for years and buy two pair a year. When I received this pair, I felt that they didn't fit right, but ignored it as a new pair that needed to break in. I was wrong, they really do fit different. Found out that they are now made in India...

2.0 out of 5 stars These Cole Haan Pinch loafers really do pinch!, February 13, 2014
I am normally an 8 D and this 8 E was too tight for my right foot. I will have to return them.

4.0 out of 5 stars awesome, April 24, 2014
I bought at the Cole Haan store, paid $180. I checked Amazon and knew that it is only $80.

Those are same shoes, size, brand, color so I return the loafer which I bought at the store.

I save $100

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality and customer service!, June 27, 2014
I have never had an issue with Cole Haan shoes until this pair. I bought these shoes with several other pairs. They fit well and seemed to be a great shoe. However after the second time I wore these shoes the thread on the seams on my left shoe came apart while I was walking into the office from the parking lot. I was two days outside my 30 day Amazon return window and thought I would call Cole Haan, certainly they would help, right? Cole Haan told me to buzz off! Apparently, not buying these from a local retailer voids their warranty and they simply refused to help me in any way! Wow! So, my last resort would be to see if Amazon would accept their return. Guess what? They did! Even though these shoes were outside the 30 day return period, they said "send them back." Guess what I did? I ordered two more pairs of shoes, of course made by a company other than Cole Haan (I checked Cole Haans website to make certain I did not buy a pair of shoes of a company they owned). Thanks Amazon!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not made in Italy any more (or the US), March 15, 2014
This review is from: Cole Haan Men's Pinch Tassel Loafer (Shoes)
I have always loved Cole Haan shoes, quality, fit, style. They always wore like iron. Recently ordered a pair for my husband. They were too small, too tight, not as well made, and - oh, by the way - made in India.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hey Cole Haan! Get some quality control!, December 26, 2014
Brother!
Bought some CH Pinch Tassel Loafers, size 13 D, Nike Air version in burgundy a while back. While the right one was a bit tighter than the left one, I thought them a good enough fit to buy another pair in another color: mahogany. Didn't have the Air version. No matter, I think. I'll just buy the regular ones (I'm currently reviewing) and a bit wider, size 13 E.
Well, they came quickly, had 13 E printed on the inside sides, but were much smaller and narrower than the 13 Ds I'd bought just shortly before. I look closer--and what do I discover? There's a 12 D stamp on the insole!
I compared them with a pair of ancient 12 Ds I own from way back in the nineties and sure enough, they are the same size.
I was sold a 12 D for a 13 E.
Now I understand that these shoes weren't US-made. They're produced in India. Indians are hard-working and diligent people, but English letters and numbers might be foreign to some of them.
Also, as of yet there's just a difference in overall quality. There are glue marks, edge set-offs, slight discolorations and just a general feel of a lesser quality than I've seen in the American-made Cole Haans of the past. (One oft-worn pair of which lasted me something like 17 years!)
Come on, CH. You can do better than that. Install a competent QC manager in your overseas acquisitions program.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love em!, September 16, 2011
I have kind of wide feet, so I went with 3E, the regular size is pretty narrow. I love these shoes, they go with any color pants, and are great for the work environment.

Cole Haan Men's Pinch Tassel Loafer