Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on February 1, 2011
It simply doesn't work. The nutmegs are in it according to directions and it takes a lot of effort to get any at all to grind. I am back to using my little grater and just use this thing to store them. I can't believe how poorly designed it is. I wonder if anyone actually tried it before they shipped it out.
on December 9, 2010
This nutmeg grinder requires a lot of cranking to produce a very small amount of finely ground nutmeg. That being said, the convenience of storing a number of whole nutmegs in the item and then merely having to lift the handle to pop another into the grinding chamber is a brilliant design. It would be a real plus if there was a grind adjustment on the thing. I prefer larger pieces of nutmeg so that is a bit of a concession for me. It is well made and probably will last a long time.
on February 25, 2011
This is a really neat little grinder but it grinds very slowly so if you need a lot, you are gonna work for it. Overall worth it though. If I want a tiny splash of Nutmeg I have it right at hand.
on May 15, 2011
This grinder was a disappointment. The actual grinding is minimal and once a whole nutmeg is in the grinding area, it's very difficult to get it out. the only advantage of this over a mircoplane grater or old-fashioned nutmeg grater is that you can store the nutmegs with the grater. I thought I was saving money by not buying Peugeot, but I didn't since now I need to buy one that works.
on January 18, 2011
As a gift, it worked great (of course I knew that my mother wanted a nutmeg grinder). I have a nutmeg grinder where the nutmegs stack or you need separate storage. Stacking doesn't work all that great. I like the idea of the grinder + storage. This is that made me pick it. I saw some bad reviews and might not have bought the grinder for myself as a result. Well, it's not broken, and she is still happy about it.
on October 18, 2012
Do not buy this piece of junk! I purchased this item and it did not work well at all to begin with, but after using it only 3-4 times I went to use it today and it had fallen apart...the bottom was GLUED on. Of course this occurred just over a month after it had shipped, so I could not even return it to Amazon. I am still going to ask for a credit.

Amazon requires you to rate an item with at least 1 star. If it was possible I would have rated it 0 stars.
on November 20, 2013
For years I belly- ached for a nutmeg grinder. This was so good and I got so exicted I purchased two. Then after experiencing the functionality and design, I decided on keeping both. I use only "real" whole condiments and grind only when I am cooking. This nutmeg grinder is a bench marker. It holds about 5 or 6 whole nutmegs, one in operation and 4 in storage - perfect. So, as I make my cereal from scratch I just grind my nutmeg- Oh! the aromatic sensation of fresh netmeg (crushed vanilla, grated cinnamon) makes me drool.
on April 23, 2011
This grinder produces almost no nutmeg, had to buy another brand in order to grind nutmeg. Will never buy this brand again
on January 14, 2014
This grinder actually grinds all the way down to the end of the nut, without leaving and thin leftover.

It also grinds very fine, which isn't that important for me, but my roommate greatly prefers it that way on his eggnog.

Getting a new nut from the magazine into the chamber was a breeze. No worrying about spillage.
on February 20, 2012
I have had this grinder for about a year, with low use. It is still beautiful and still works well. The design is well thought-out, with a good amount of storage doubling as an ergonomic-ish grip. My wife loves it, and now we have fresh nutmeg on our eggnog, lattes, casseroles, and whatever else we can think of.

update: two years on, still beautiful!