5.0 out of 5 stars Man vs. lunch pail
Ok, so there is a man in this home who can destroy a lunch pail in no time because he's in construction type work. He's carried the "igloo" hard side ice chests and they look disgusting after 1 month. I bought this with fear and trembling. SERIOUSLY
I was going to get the 9 - can and decided to get this 16 instead. I AM SO GLAD I DID!
This pail holds 1...
Published 13 months ago by hard to please

3.0 out of 5 stars Dimensions Are Wrong!!
This is the second of these that I have owned bought first one at Wal Mart. Bought this one because according to Amazons dimensions thought it was larger than the one I previously owned. Wrong!!!! same size. The description needs changed on this for it is misleading people. Is actually 12"x7"x8".Whoever reads this review trust me on this ....I can read a rule.
Published 16 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Man vs. lunch pail, October 14, 2013
This pail holds 1 sandwich in a "hard plastic sandwich container," 2 large gatorade size drinks, 2 small hard plastic snack cups and a slim ice pack along with 2 bags of lunch size chips! YEA!
His glass case hands in the "netting" inside the pail. His work gloves and eye protection glasses stay on the top under the elastic cords that are attached to the pail. The two side pockets hold gum or items of similar size. The front zip pouch holds his iPhone and his large wallet.
The "hard liner" inside removes easily for cleaning! He doesn't use it without the liner or it would not last 1 week. He's tough on them. However, at the end of each week we just rinse it out and wipe it down and voila good as new.
He works around a lot of dirt and dust so I wipe down the outside with a damp cloth as well as rinsing out the liner!
I will buy this again, because it is a great product and it will be completely worn out. Having said that, he's had it 3 months and it still looks better than his old "igloo" after a weeks use. Did I mention he's tough on pails?
Bottom line.
It's nicer looking, lighter, cleans up better, easy to carry with a shoulder strap, stays cool inside even in 100 degree weather and is holding up well! It's smaller than the hard ice chest type of lunch pails.
Highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, make sure you understand the sizing., November 4, 2013
J. S. (The Internet) - See all my reviews
This is a well made cooler, and keeps things reasonably cold. Do make sure you understand the sizing. "16-Can" isn't anywhere near as big as it sounds. I usually put a single 6-pack of bottles in, with enough ice to keep things cool - and there's enough room on top for a smallish bag of chips or a sandwich.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice cooler, May 31, 2013
This review is from: Coleman 16-Can Soft Cooler With Hard Liner (Sports)
This is a great cooler, and perfect for a standard lunch of two sodas, sandwich, bag of chips, and an ice pack. Keeps everything nice and cool and is nice and easy to carry around.

I just bought the next size bigger one becuase quite often my lunch can include a bottle of salad dressing, larger bottle of water, and I found that putting these items in different containers to take to work was more hassle than simply carrying a slightly bigger "lunch box".

True size: Looking at the front: 11" High, 12" Wide, and 7" Deep. Inside hard liner (usable) dimentions: 8.5" High, 11" Wide, 5.5" Deep.

The 5.5 depth of the inside hard liner is just a tad bit to small for me. I just bought the 30 can and will be reviewing that one shortly.

4.0 out of 5 stars I Really Like This Cooler!, May 6, 2013
With the hard liner installed: It holds 16 12-ounce cans with a little bit of room left over for ice. I found it also fits 12 12-ounce cans along with 10 frozen Capri Sun pouches used as cold packs. As a bonus, you can drink the Capri Sun pouches after they have thawed some. I like to pull the Capri Sun straws off the pouches and put them in the cooler's front pouch since they have a pointed edge.

Without the hard liner installed: It has a little extra room, so you can stuff even more into it if you want. Since the inner lining also seems to be waterproof, this should not be a problem. I only use it for drinks, so I cannot comment about food or other spills or cleanup.

Top outside bungee cords: I have not found a use for these yet, but they may come in handy in the future.

Top inside mesh pocket: It is inside and cooled, but does not have a zipper or other type of closure, so items stowed there may fall out when you open the top. A couple of extra frozen Capri Sun pouches fit nicely in there if the cooler is not too full.

Side outside mesh pockets: There a 2 small pockets on the outside sides to store things that do not need to be cooled. They are open on the top and do not have a zipper or other type of closure. I have not found a use for these yet, but they may come in handy in the future (cigarettes, lighter, keys, wallet, etc.).

Front storage pouch: This is for uncooled items, and is zippered. So far, I keep the extra Capri Sun straws and 4 or 5 foldable can coozies in there. I like it, but I wish there was another one on the back.

Capri Sun comments: No, I am not a salesman; I just like to freeze them to use for cold packs. Sorry I mentioned them so much. I rarely drink them; I just freeze them because they do not burst.

Overall thoughts: This is a very well-made cooler. The size is just right; not too big and bulky or small and dinky. This is probably a little large for a lunchbox, but just right to bring a few drinks and/or snacks to your outing. The insulation is a little thin, but it keeps the contents reasonably cool for a reasonable time depending on how many ice packs you can cram into it. I got the blue one, but I would have preferred the olive one. The blue one was the only one in stock when I bought it. The outside measurements are approximately 11" high by 12" wide by 8" deep without the outside pouch or pockets. The less than $20 price seems like a good value to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cooler - careful with your ice packs, read below, October 10, 2013
This is a good cooler! Well insulated with a plastic sheath inside so your stuff doesn't get smashed, and it has zipper pockets to utilize extra space inside and out. The carry strap is durable and comfortable.

Be CAREFUL which ice packs you buy for this. It is pretty thin front to back and if you get the Rubbermaid Blue Ice Weekender pack (Rubbermaid Blue Brand Weekender Pack as is often suggested, you will make very poor use of your space. It only fits standing up against the front or the back and is awkwardly positioned there, limiting what can fit in the cooler . I will be returning those ice packs and going with a smaller Rubbermaid one instead (Jensen Distribution Services 1080 TL 220 Rubbermaid so it fits lying down and the bottom, or tucked to the right or left side.

5 stars to Coleman on this, and also please note for the Rubbermaid ice packs they are a great product, just make sure you choose the right size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, January 26, 2013
Lots of room with separate partitions to protect food items. Cooler is not bulky and easy to carry. cleans up easily as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, July 26, 2012
Idaho Kat (Boise, ID United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Coleman 16-Can Soft Cooler With Hard Liner (Sports)
This cooler is the perfect size for 12-16 cans with plenty of ice. The hard liner is wonderful--no more leakage and it seems to keep beverages cooler for a longer period of time. Very pleased as these coolers are next to impossible to find locally.

5.0 out of 5 stars great size, July 2, 2012
just what you need for a long hot day at work. plenty of room for food and extra ice paks. cured the smashed sandwich syndrome
yet small enough to not feel like overnight luggage. very happy with it. I looked for a long time and glad I finally found it.

4.0 out of 5 stars great for hotel trip, December 30, 2012
Lisa (Redmond, WA) - See all my reviews
The wrapper of this cooler isn't thick and it doesn't have much insulating capacity. But this Coleman is great as it is an easy way to haul around a mess of ice surrounding whatever you need to keep cool. We used this for yogurt and cheese for a week long trip with a new hotel every night. It is small enough that some nights we were able to fit the cooler into the hotel mini-fridge without unpacking it. I like the hard liner as it holds the water if the ice melts. I like the handle. It is very easy to carry even while lugging other bags around. The outer pockets are nice. Just don't fill it too full with ice, and don't let it tip over.
I don't really think this is a cooler as it doesn't insulate. But it does a great job hauling ice around. We like it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well enough, March 8, 2013
Although I'd hoped that it would keep things cold on its own, I do find it necessary to include a couple of 7" x 1.63" x 6.75" Blue Ice packs to really keep things cold. It does seem to get slightly damp on the exterior, especially when riding in my trunk on a hot day. So I wrap the bottom of it in an old bath towel before I place it in the cargo net in the trunk of my car.