Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM

Color: Green|Change

on August 30, 2013
the handle is thin and cant hold the weight of a full cooler. it pops out of joint and the whole cooler spills. have had this happen multiple times. this was to replace my husbands 20 year old coleman lunchbox of equal size. they just dont make them like they use to.
on December 29, 2010
This cooler is great for cans and ideal for saving space because of its demensions; it fits nicely in my truck floor board or behind the seat. I would recommend a more traditional cooler if you want to use glass bottles or maximize the life of your ice. This cooler is about a six out of ten in regards to maintaining the integrity of ice and coolness of cans. It holds two 2 liter bottles nicely and is sturdy enough to be used as a stool or seat if needed.
on November 1, 2010
I got this for my hubby to use when he has to work offsite. Hubby weighs less than 165 lbs and uses it as a small stool (in addition to it being a cooler to store his lunch)
on August 2, 2012
Some loser stole my last portable cooler so I needed a replacement. I read some reviews on this one and what sold me on it was a customer who claimed that this stacker cooler was ideal for cans. It most certainly is not. It perfectly fits 12 BOTTLES of beer (like really - perfectly) but not so on the cans. In fact, it's almost designed for anything BUT cans for what I can tell. Busch Light cans (which are wider and shorter than the normal can) have to be staggered to fit; Coors Light cans (taller and thinner than most cans) have to be wedged in to fit 12. In either case, you can only stack two rows high - ALMOST three. If you could fit three in there, I'd be fine with the staggered configuration, but it's just not quite right no matter how you stack it.

Other than that, it's portable, light, attractive, and does hold ice fairly well for how thin it is. The handle gets a little wobbly when you've got a case of beer and a bag of ice wedged in there, but it doesn't feel like it's gonna go.

Overall, it's not bad, but not the best Coleman cooler I've purchased.
on October 2, 2011
this cooler is a nice size would be nice to have more than one. I had hoped it would keep ice for awhile as an ice bucket for party. But was mostly melted by the next morning.
on September 16, 2014
I bought this cooler to go in the back of me Polaris RZR so I could have cool drinks after riding in the Southwest desert. After having it for a couple of months, I have to say that I'm very pleased with it.

I bought this particular one because it fits very nicely in the space I have for it. But, beyond that, it is sturdy and keeps things cool for a long time. This past weekend I went for a 6 hour ride where the temperature was 97 degrees by the time we were finished and the ice in the gallon size Ziploc bags still hadn't melted and the drinks were frosty cold.

A nice feature is the lid. It is slightly recessed to allow you to put things on it and prevent them from sliding or rolling off. The other benefit is it allows you to stack multiple Party Stacker Coolers, if that is your desire.

The only downside to the design might be the lid does not have a "locking" mechanism. There is no way to secure it in the closed position, which isn't an issue for me because I'm using a tie down strap to keep it in my RZR anyway.

Overall, I'd recommend this cooler.
on August 3, 2013
I bought this cooler because my buddy had one. It is a good size and of adequate strength for me to sit my 225 lbs on at break time. Unfortunately, the handle on mine broke off within the first week. I replaced it with a piece of rope and still use the cooler. My friend's handle is fine so I may have gotten a lemon.
on April 10, 2015
I use this for sous vide. It works great with my Anova immersion circulator. I've used it for 48 hour 170F cooks and it's fine. The hinged lid is easy to pop off and remove. The handle makes moving it easy when full of water and with the Anova still attached. At some point I may cut a hole in the lid for the Anova.
on May 7, 2015
We bought this cooler for our weekend trip to a friend's place. We drove about 7 hours and everything stayed cool. I wish it was a little bigger but I think it's a good size to keep a few drinks/small food containers cool for picnics and stuff.
on July 2, 2014
This review is for the Coleman 18 quart party stacker cooler in green. I love the quirky color but sadly, the party stacker is inferior to the igloo legend.

I was recently at a family reunion where at least one other person had the same red igloo legend cooler. That's my only complaint with the legend... you can have any color you want as long as it's red. As soon as I realized I lost my cooler I made a couple calls to see if anyone knew who got it and of course no one knows and it's gone. That night I decided to get on Amazon and choose something different and unusual in color, because so many people I know have the very same red igloo legend cooler that I just lost.

After receiving the party stacker now I see why. The party stacker construction is a solid star inferior to the legend. Judging by the handle alone it's two stars cheaper. I'd define the difference as a little flimsy vs. quite sturdy. The plastic encasement of the rest of the cooler is fine but still looks and feels cheaper than the legend too.

If you want the stacking function, or if you're choosing any color OTHER than red, this is a fine cooler... But if you're planning to buy only one... and it's going to be red... then I'd get the legend instead.