Questions & Answers
Coleman LED Quad Lantern
by Coleman
4.7 out of 5 stars (444)
$53.28
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 questions
votes
No
Nov 16, 2013 by Edward Robert Hogan
votes
about 6 hours worked for me
Jan 24, 2014 by Bill McGuire
votes
This is not designed to be submerged in water. I have not had it in the rain but I imagine it would hold up in a light rain if left outside. As far as shockproof it is made of hard plastic. We use it for basic camping and it serves the purpose well. Bright and easy to use. The detachable lights are real handy for walking to your tent. Like having four separate flashlights.
Aug 26, 2013 by Pamela Carpenter
votes
It's puts off very good light. Hard to say if it's super bright, but certainly much better than flashlights and very easy to handle
22 days ago by George P. Kissell Jr.
votes
I am not sure. I found this answer from another purchaser that might be worth a try. I plan on purchasing the adapters like it says...Hope this helps. In these days of environmental concerns, recycling, etc., it is a bit ridiculous to still be producing devices that use D size batteries. The weight is a little ridiculous, too. Not to mention that in my previous Coleman LED lantern I had multiple sets of D size alkaline batteries leak while camping, which ultimately ended up ruining my lantern with corrosion. They were brand new batteries and I didn't even store this batteries in the lantern for a long period of time -- just while camping over a long weekend. However, there is an easy way around that -- rechargeable AA's. I had previously purchased a set of Sanyo Eneloops rechargeable AA's that included D sized adapters ([http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VLAEPQ/ref=cm_cr_asin_lnk] Sanyo Eneloop Ni-MH Charger and 8 Rechargeable AA and 4 Rechargeable AAA Batteries). This allows you to use AA's in the place of D's, which significantly reduces the weight while providing the same voltage and virtually the same charge life. The Eneloops are also low self-discharge batteries, so they can be stored longer without losing as much of their charge. I charged up the AA's, put them in the D sized adapters, and they work great in this lantern. Since the individual quarter sections of this lantern have their own rechargeable batteries that charge from the "D" batteries installed in the lantern, you may want to charge up the AA's, install them in the lantern, let the internal rechargeables in each lantern section charge up, and then put another charge on the main AA batteries before your trip. That's what I did, and I haven't run out of juice while camping yet.
Nov 17, 2013 by A Little ol' gal from "Jaw-Ja"
votes
I can't answer that with certainty. I would contact Coleman directly. What I can tell you is the lantern gives a bright light and the ability to remove the side lights is an excellent feature.
18 days ago by Norma J. Heitman
votes
Yes they do. You can take off any number of panels and those that remain will stay lit on main unit.
Mar 10, 2014 by G. LeBlanc
votes
I don't know....I gave this as a Christmas gift...sis is really happy with it
Jan 20, 2014 by Kindle Customer
votes
If you are referring to the individual lights, they get set in the base
Jan 13, 2014 by Norma J. Heitman
votes
We purchased this lantern and had no difficulty whatsoever in inserting batteries or replacing the cover. You have to press firmly as you screw in the cover but that was all we noticed. It is very similar to replacing the battery cover on a flashlight with the D cell batteries. Screwing the cover against that big spring is hard, you just have to exert firm, even pressure. Hope this helps!
Dec 13, 2013 by K. F. Mcfarland
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›
Do you think Questions & Answers are helpful? Add your feedback
ARRAY(0xa7d95600)

Search Questions and Answers