Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Coleman LED String Lights, 10 Lanterns
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 2, 2014
This is a great way to add some personality to your tent.

As a side note, there are two "buttons" on either side of the battery compartment that need to be pressed to release the top. The manufacturer assembled ours with the top on backwards. As a result, the top was insanely hard to open. I almost returned it. Keep pressing and it will finally come off.

After you put the batteries in (three AA's), look for the arrow pointing up on the battery compartment and make sure the arrow pointing down on the top lines up with it. If you don't see the arrows, turn it around. The top must be on the right way to complete the circuit; otherwise the string won't light up and the top is really difficult to open. There are no instructions since it IS such a simple product, but we didn't notice the arrows at first and stuffed it back in the box to return. Luckily we tried it again at home and saw the problem.

Shame on Coleman for packaging it incorrectly and designing it so the top can accidentally be put on backwards. Maybe a notch would force the correct assembly.

Shame on us for not testing this at home before our camping trip and trying to assemble it in the dark, so it was harder to see the problem.

Have fun and happy camping. :-)
on April 11, 2013
These Coleman LED lights are great. A friend brought a set on a camping trip last year and hung them from his ez-up canopy at night when camp went dark. We sat under the canopy playing poker all night just by the light of these little LEDs! I ended up picking up a set before my next trip and now we have 3 sets. We can light up the entire center seating area with these 3 strings now.

Hang them above your cook table and you won't have to worry about watching your food cook. I run mine across my truck bed and wrap each end around the rail cleats in my truck bed and use them as utility lights and my tailgate as a work station. Makes night fishing easy!

They run on four AA batteries, and I have used the same set of Duracell batteries in them for at least 5 full nights (3 of those I left these on all night!) and they are still going strong. No need to worry about running out of power.

Pick up a mid size drybox for these, and take them anywhere you go outdoors and they will light up your campsite.
on August 1, 2011
I used these to hang under my pop-up sun shade at night in our camp site and they worked perfectly. Just enough light to add a sense of fun to the campsite at night.

I wouldn't try and read a book with these or dare use them as my main light source but when the wilderness is completely dark, they do make a difference.

They are battery operated (3 AA), cannot be strung together with other sets and have an On/Off button.

They worked great!
on September 16, 2011
The LED lights as such provided great light and gave a cosy feeling that was appreciated by kids and grown ups alike. However, the batteries are containing in a cheap plastic case with hinges that do not close well, so the lights are often blinking and you need to tweak it somehow to avoid that.
Wondering if I should return the product or if it's soo cheap that the replacement would be of similar quality..
on May 14, 2012
Bright and appears to last a long time. Used them two nights in a row and they were great. Also helps us tall people from banging our head into the polls of the awning cover. Would recommend these to any avid campers.
on October 12, 2011
Went camping up the mountains bought these for additional outside lighting, then went fishing, when darkness fell on the lake we used these. We hung them from top of truck to a tree and they lit up the area wonderfully. I bought 2 sets and added another 2 to my wishlist for future outings. Would add a nice touch to the yard when not camping. Was very surprised with the amount of light they gave off.
on August 29, 2013
My Coleman string lights arrived yesterday and I tried them out today. I bought them to be camping area lights.

I put in 3 AA batteries and they all turned on after I pressed the on-button. They switched off again and back on again, easily.

They're very bright - brighter than I expected. Also, the little lanterns are bigger than I expected, too. Testing them at home I can tell they'll do really well for my camping purposes.

My only concern now is storage - they're an awkward shape and I'll have to find something to carefully package them in for storage.
on June 3, 2014
I love the majority of Coleman products, but this one was a swing and a miss. The string is too short, there are no clasps, clips, or strings to attach it with, (I improvised with some clothesline rope) and it broke after the second camping trip. Waste of money.
on July 11, 2012
When I first saw these lights for sale I wasn't sure about them but I figured I'd give them a try. Was I surprised! These lights are great, they don't attract insects, give off a lot of light and are perfect for use anywhere you want to add some light to brighten up a dark area or add a little decoration. I put them around the outside of the entrance to my tent which made navigating in and out of the tent much easier and they added some character to the camp site. Another thing that I really like about the lights is that they easily fit back in their original packaging making storing easy and I don't have to deal with lights getting tangled or broken when traveling. I am definitely going to purchase another set.
What else sort of lights are appropriate for a camper but a Coleman lantern? How about 10 of them? ... actually 20 so far, though we need one more strand to reach all the way across our large awning. They are brighter than I expected and offer up great outdoor lighting when the sun goes down. I may get a few more for the table tent as well. Battery operated, so my only concern will be how long the batteries will last, so far we have 5 nights (turned off overnight) and they are going strong.