Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Coleman Micro Quad LED Mini Lantern
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on June 24, 2013
Nice that the lantern itself uses AA batteries, I use rechargeables charged by my solar panel kit during the day so I can use this at night. But I wish the little individual lights used rechargeable AAA or AA batteries too. Not that the little button ones are expensive, I just hate throwing them into the trash.
on January 6, 2014
I hate button batteries.

On this lantern, the main unit has 4 AA batteries, and that powers all the lights as long as they remain attached. But when you remove the individual lights, they switch to their own internal batteries, and those are the button type, 2 in each light, total of 8.

By itself, that's not so bad. But in this case the cover of the battery compartment needs only a slight ¼ twist to remove it - they tend to pop off by themselves. And that means button batteries rolling around on the floor, and me diving to grab them before my dog swallows one, which would mean thousands of dollars in X-rays or surgery (button batteries don't always just pass like a nickel or a dime - they can cause internal burns and ulcers. It can be fatal).

I somehow broke the tiny little tabs on one of the battery covers while removing the shipping tape. So that one doesn't stay on at all. They break easily.

In other respects I really like the design of this lantern, so this one flaw of the button batteries not staying where they ought to is a major disappointment.

Children's toys are legally required to use screws to secure button batteries because of the risk when swallowed. This fails miserably in that regard (although not technically a toy, so it doesn't need to meet that requirement). If you have toddlers (or dogs that snatch up everything that falls on the floor) you should definitely stay away from this lantern. If you don't have children, you should still be prepared to use a piece of tape to keep those stupid battery covers on.
on September 14, 2015
Hardly ever used it and the battery door on the back of one of the lights already broke off and it doesn't stay connected to the unit anymore. It needs a ton of different batteries that have to be replaced at the same time
on August 2, 2012
I've seen the bigger version of this lantern and thought it was too pricey. We've used this one on several occasions and it is good product. The detachable lights are a good idea. I plan to buy another one.
on October 4, 2013
This light is great, while not the brightest light on the market, or the cheapest, it suits my needs nicely. The kids can have their own lights to play with. The one thing I don't like is how easily the battery doors on each light can come open and lose the small coin cells inside, can be solved with a little tape though. Even with that, I'd still recommend it.
on September 10, 2014
Coleman hit a home run with this little lantern. It doesn't use many batteries, (4-AA, included) is super compact and very very bright. I've owned it's grandaddy, the quad led lantern and it's a big 'un and hugely bright but heavy and not so portable. If you have a power outage, enjoy camping or just need some illumination this will do the trick. To those that say it isn't bright enough, you're WRONG. And the tiny batteries do NOT fall out easily unless you removed the covers and didn't re-attach properly. For what you pay, what you get and what it costs to operate it, this is a must have item. And to those who say some of the lights are dim or don't work, well you forgot to read the instructions and remove the plastic tabs from the individual lights. So there ya have it gang. I paid full price for this and nobody did me any favors for this honest review.
on December 10, 2014
I have owned one of these for several years. It has taken so much abuse, been left out in Maine winters, rain, you name it. It keeps on going and glowing. The light is very bright. We lose power often and with the separating sections we can have bright light in four rooms. The batteries in the individual units have lasted very well, have not need to replace those "yet". The D's in the base have been replaced only 3 times in 6 years. I just bought another for my son-in-law who has often tried to sneak ours to his house ;) (just kidding) This is one light source I would not want to be without! Dependable, can take bumps, drops and weather and still shine bright.
on November 3, 2011
Bought two of these for grandsons. They took them on cub scout campout and loved them. The color shields let them be used as night light. The only problem we had was battery doors did not want to stay closed but fixed that with some tape.
on January 26, 2016
I love this little lantern , I could break off a piece for each one of my kids , they clip it on if the lights go out and no more running around I keep it bright in my kitchen cabinet very very reliable
on July 4, 2015
Great little lantern. The battery covers aren't as loose on mine as other people have said. I'm gentle with my stuff; though. The colored lenses that come with it are a beat extra. Make sure you remove the batteries after each camping trip to avoid dead batteries.