4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job cheap...
Published on July 25, 2008 by rawrainwater

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the greatest water carrier
I have two of these, I no longer use them though. The first one , the valve screw broke and the second one had a leak in the seam.

I ended up buying a 7 gallon hard plastic jug
Published on September 4, 2008 by Searcher67

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job cheap..., July 25, 2008
This review is from: Coleman Water Carrier, 5-Gallon (Misc.)
I like that these bottles are so cheap, have free shipping, are a white see through color so that I can see the water level and see if there is anything that should not be inside in it, have a removable spigot on the side, and they are collapsible. The bottles are relatively thinner plastic so I will not use that feature much in order to not stress out the bottles. They do the job for the cheapest amount of money I've found and that's basically what I like them for. I will get heavy duty quality water bottles in the future, I think.

Update 4-24-13
I also like that these bottles are really easy and very lightweight to carry. I leant some to my mother and she loved them. They're very easy to carry compared to a standard 5 gallon water bottle, even the wide mouth blue bottle with the tap. Although I like both.

I did get the bottle that leaked. It had a torn seam right out of the box. I had read that could happen in the reviews. I wish they were made sturdier, and then they'd be almost perfect. But, if you're willing to bet that you don't get too many leaky bottles, this is good. I think I would in the future just because of all of the great things about it. I'll see and I'll update my review later.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the greatest water carrier, September 4, 2008

I ended up buying a 7 gallon hard plastic jug

4.0 out of 5 stars works fine, July 16, 2008
This review is from: Coleman Water Carrier, 5-Gallon (Misc.)
what can you say it holds water it seems in the limited time using it that there are no major problems, the little nozel deal can slide up a l;ittle which can lead to leaking but nothing major, the size is the real plus 5 gallons of H2O in a fairly small package (about as small as 5 gallons can get) easy to carry easy to refill, would buy again

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away, April 25, 2012
This review is from: Coleman Water Carrier, 5-Gallon (Misc.)
This is a piece of junk. On first use i noticed it is nearly impossible to prevent a leak from the threads. After a couple of uses sitting on picnic tables or the ground, multiple punctures have developed, that I have had to patch. The plastic is cheap and easily punctures. Its depressing to get to the middle of nowhere and find an empty container with water all over the floor of your trunk. Coleman products are cheap, you get what you pay for. I am done with buying Coleman.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for us, October 5, 2012
This review is from: Coleman Water Carrier, 5-Gallon (Misc.)
We bought several Coleman 5 gallon expandable water carriers about 2006, primarily for emergency water storage during hurricanes. We have used one of them for camping ever since, two to three times per year, 3-5 days each time. It doesn't get banged around, but we don't baby it, either.

We have had no problems with it, no leaks, no problems with the spigot. When it is full, the weight of the water may distort the threads on the filling throat, so you have to be a little careful putting the cap on, but this is easy to do. Just pinch the throat so it is round.

When it is folded up, the creases have sharp fold points which I suspect may someday turn into small holes, but after six years ours is still fine.

One nuisance, which I suspect is unavoidable, is getting it thoroughly dry before putting it away. The technique I use is to wash it well, and drain it more or less fully expanded with the opening down. There will still be droplets inside, so I pump it like an bellows two or three times to get the humid air out, and let it sit some more. Repeat as needed, usually several times over a couple days.

Since oil is a lot more expensive than in 2006, it is at least possible that the newer water jugs are made with thinner walls than ours. Pure speculation on my part, though that would explain why there are so many complaints about leaks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got it for camping, October 11, 2013
This review is from: Coleman Water Carrier, 5-Gallon (Misc.)
Very useful and easy to clean. Easy for kids to use. Large enough for a thirsty family of four :).

1.0 out of 5 stars don't waste you money or your water, July 30, 2013
This review is from: Coleman Water Carrier, 5-Gallon (Misc.)
sprung a leak the first time we used it....the corners...where it wears most are very very thin...

it leaked on the first trip...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Storage, October 13, 2011
This review is from: Coleman Water Carrier, 5-Gallon (Misc.)
Thank you for making these available at such a decent price. These are great for storing water for emergencies. I bought five of them at once and am storing them in case of an instant need. The seal stays closed and no leaks of any kind. Thank you!

1.0 out of 5 stars dont bother, April 28, 2012
This review is from: Coleman Water Carrier, 5-Gallon (Misc.)
Do not waste your money. Took on a 3 day primative camp trip. Cap will not tighten onto bottle without stripping out so it could not be used in a position to use the valve. Purchase a Reliance brand bottle instead, they have served me well.

4.0 out of 5 stars liquid holder, January 23, 2008
This review is from: Coleman Water Carrier, 5-Gallon (Misc.)
what can i say but it holds liquid, not ideal for continual backpacking. can lead to material failure from expanding and storage.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›