Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Coleman RoadTrip® LXE Propane Grill - Blue” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 44% off the $199.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $20.60 shipping
Coleman 2000017442 Road Trip Propane Portable Grill LXE
|Price:||$159.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$40.00 (20%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Perfectflow Pressure Control System for Steady Heat, Even in the Cold
- Portable Grill Sets up in Seconds
- Easy to Transport, Folds to Compact Size with Large Handle and Wheels for Easy Pulling
- Authentic Grilling Taste, Open-flame Drip-through Grilling
- Easy-to-clean, Cast-iron and Porcelain-coated Surfaces with Removable Grease Tray
- Large Cooking Surface, 285 Sq. In.
- 20,000 BTUs of Cooking Power, 10,000 BTUs on Each Burner
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Item Dimensions||19 x 35 x 32 inches|
|Item Weight||44 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||49 pounds|
Coleman Road Trip Grill LXE
Take the convenience, efficiency, and versatility of the household barbecue grill on the road this summer with the clever Roadtrip Grill LXE from Coleman. Whereas other portable liquid propane grills are petite and tabletop in design, the Roadtrip LXE is a full-size grill with collapsible scissor legs for countertops or travel. This 36-inch grill features 285 square inches of cooking space, ideal for toting to the beach or just into the driveway a small block party. Two 10,000 BTU burners cook meats evenly. Independent control knobs allow users to adjust temperatures on either burner for flexibility.
The grill comes equipped with two warp-resistant cast-iron grill grates, coated in porcelain for cleaning convenience. Two side tables attach to the grill's sides for extra preparation space and store neatly under the grill. A grease tray catches drippings, sliding out for cleaning. The grill is outfitted with an Instastart electronic ignition. The grill affixes to a standard 16.4-ounce disposable propane cylinder, or can be hooked up to a 20-pound tank with an additional accessory purchase. Burning on high with a propane cylinder, the grill operates for 2.1 hours, while low settings allow operation for up to 4.5 hours. A heavy-duty vitreous lid cased in painted steel contains flames to reduce hazard while barring access to bugs and debris. The collapsible legs feature two wheels on one end and a wide handle on the other for towing. To clean the cooking surface, use mild detergents and avoid steel wool. Coleman offers several interchangeable Roadtrip cooking surfaces, including a stovetop and griddle, for separate purchase. This grill requires assembly. Coleman offers a limited five-year warranty for this item. Collapsed, the grill measures 36 by 22 by 13 inches with a shipping weight of 60 pounds. Propane is not included.
At a Glance
- Fold-up stand with wheels that collapses down to a convenient pack-away size
- Fully-adjustable cooking power up to 10,000 BTU on each burner
- InstaStart electronic ignition offers matchless lighting
- PerfectFlow control system provides pressure regulation for consistent output throughout the life of your 1-lb. or 20-lb. propane cylinder (with proper accessories)
- Tool holders and side tables built in for easy use
- Removable grease management tray
- Versatile mix & match surfaces... has grill, griddle and stove capability
- Measures 46 x 18 x 35"
Top Customer Reviews
After deciding on this grill we ordered it from Amazon for $159.00 and we chose the free shipping as we were not in any hurry since football season pre-games don' start until August. Amazon had the lowest price we could find. We were surprised to see this grill show up on our door step just 4 days later when the free shipping option told us it would take almost 2 weeks.
I opened the box and set it up immediately and I was pleasantly surprised that it came out of the box nearly complete. Just put the wheels on, attach the handle and the regulator and you're good to go. About 15 minutes in all as compared to hours I have spent assemblying other new grills.
Next came the cook test and the clean up test. After reading other reviewers saying that they lined the inside with foil for easier cleanup, I thought this was a good idea and did the same. I laid foil across the entire insides and with a steak knife cut around the 2 burners and a hole so any drippings could fall into the drip pan.Read more ›
I was going to get a Weber Q but it doesn't have the cart, at least not at a sub $200 pricepoint. This grill does the job and then some. I used the grill five times in the last two weeks, trying different approaches and methods, and have come up with a few tips and tricks to make the grill work it's best. Please note that this grill is one of the best I have ever used and certainly better than the majority of gas grills I have used. It's no Weber, but then, it ain't 500 bucks either. So, on with the tips.
1. The burner has a "low" to "high" settings. The high settings are ONLY and I mean ONLY for using the burner attachment or griddle attachment. There is no need to use 20,000BTU's of heat on a grill this small. These guys that are melting handles and such are also ruining food with entirely too much heat. They ought to put this in the book, but they don't. So you read it hear first, been grilling for over 25 years, do NOT use the high setting for grilling...PERIOD! Think about it...my Weber, which is almost twice as big and has enough clearance built into the cover for a turkey or upright chicken, only has 40,000BTU. So 20,000 for a grill with a three inch clearance cover and burners less than an inch away from the food is way too much. NO HIGH!!! PERIOD...there, now I feel better.
2. Properly preheat the grill.Read more ›
I have had this grill for a few months now and I'm loving it more than ever. In fact, Home Depot (who screwed up delivery of the big grill I was supposed to get) accidentally delivered it and told me to keep it at no charge. I told them to pick it up because the Coleman Roadtrip is now my permeant backyard grill and I don't need a more expensive sub-par grill taking up space.
A few clarifications. I've read some reviews that say that this grill is more like a burner than a grill. That is not correct. They have this impression because the grills they are used to using are more like a Barbecue than a grill. A barbecue is a deep hollow enclosure where the food is far separated from the flame and low temperatures are used to slow cook meat. If you're an aficionado and like to spend 3-10 hours slow cooking ribs or a half pig such that the meat falls off the bone, then you want a standard grill (although in that case why not just get a real barbecue?). If, however, you are like the rest of us who want to cook burgers, hot dogs, sausage, steak, chicken and cook it fast with a grilled and charred flavor, then you want a real grill. Guess what? The Coleman is a real grill and is likely only one of a few real grills out there. A real grill will cook hot, cook fast, and have the flame close to the meat.
A number of people also complain that it cooks too hot and that it will burn everything or that you cannot cook with the lid closed. Either they are talking about the older units, received defective units, or they just don't know how to grill (which isn't surprising since they are probably used to using the big barbecue hybrids that we call grills today).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Nice size, plenty of heat, will work great for our camping trips because it is compact.Published 3 hours ago by Mary
Good stuff, grilling and all. Extremely easy to sort and doesn't call much for maintenance.Published 18 hours ago by Pamela Reed
Bought this for camping. Tried it out first to make sure that it worked. Needless to say, I think this grill out did our infrared grill we use in the summer months. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Amazon Customer
Operates very hot, even on low heat setting. Surface below grates prone to corrosion, needs constant attention to look good. Read morePublished 3 days ago by bubbaloui
My wife got me this for christmas, and I used this for 2 days on an ice fishing trip. I don't know how many more uses I can get out of it. Read morePublished 4 days ago by js77
We had this grill on our wedding registry but did not receive it. My husband and I had been watching the price go up and down since then. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Gloria Hagenbarth
Cooks food well, portable, easy to clean . The specifications from the seller were accurate. The only issue is that when pulling it along, the handle would drag depending on the... Read morePublished 6 days ago by L R C