Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 8, 2013
This will not come with the ball...I read through the description and still thought the ball would be included. Anyway, it is well made, heavy duty, and versatile. It can also connect to my garden trailer which has a pin mount and pull something with a cable and hook if I like. The ball bolt leaves very little room if you wanted to place a hook onto the lower ring...design flaw on their part. The bolt that connects this to whatever you have is 3/4 inch diameter...that's a big hole needed to accommodate this guy. I got lucky, after seeing the bolt I thought I would need to drill out a larger hole but, all was good. I can see this being an issue for some tractors. Another issue may be this ball hitch will be too low to pull the rented log splitter around my property and that's the only reason I bought this thing. If you want to spend more money, they do make these extended higher for low tractors like mine. I'll give an update.

UPDATE: as said above the install was easy... but, It does not stay put as others said even with the locking washer provided. Also, due to the design it puts a lot of downward pressure on my tractor where this thing mounts onto. The end result has been a bent plate where this mounts to, fixable but this is worthless and I can't use it. Even pulling a log splitter was a pain. If you would like I have pics to post on here, just ask :)
review image review image review image
on February 13, 2015
This is the perfect extension for my John Deere LT160 mower. It allows my utility trailer to hook up with a more level mount and pushes it away from the back of the mower. Without this, I was unable to get the hitch coupler on the trailer to close around the ball. The hitch mount and ball mounts have a 3/4" hold diameter. It will also allow me to use the clevis pin hitch on my yard cart trailer with ease and without having to remove the hitch ball.
review image
on April 27, 2013
although this piece is well made, it would not work on my Husqvarna mower, the metal tongue was not heavy enough to support the hitch, not coleman's fault but do not order this for riding mowers it will not work
on July 27, 2014
My husband put this on his riding mower so that he could pull his utility trailer around the yard. He has already used it a few times and said it works very well. He also moves his boat trailer with this so that he can mow underneath.
on September 9, 2013
Works well. I prefer to use a hitch ball instead of the supplied hex bolt to secure the hitch to the ATV mount (just flip it over from shown in the picture). This way, towing a heavier trailer is more secure and then the attachment point is more level for pulling a garden/ATV trailer.
on August 6, 2015
Use it to haul my 4x8 trailer, it bent my Jogn Deere D140 frame. Returned and got Great Day LawnPro Hi-Hitch - 12in.L, Model# LNPHH650 instead. Much better. No more bent hitch. Plus it would not stay parrallel to the tractor when backing up, it would just turn and loosen. Not a useful product for what I needed.
on June 12, 2012
Purchased this hitch to adapt a standard ball mount on a ATV to tow a mid-sized garden dump cart. Wanted to lower the mount point a few inches, this does that. The only problem was in re-installing the standard 1 7/8" ball with the Hitch going down vs up. The hook ring gets in the way and the ball can't be re-mounted. Corrected the problem with a 4 1/2" grinder, removing the hook ring, then touched-up the black paint. Now it does both of what I need. I also gained an additional 1/2" of drop by mounting the hitch UNDER the ATV mount, making sure the star washer is between the ATV mount and the hitch. 30% cheaper than its competitors, does the job just as well (I also have a competitor hitch on a riding mower). Beyond the ring problem when using "upside down", would recommend, would buy again.
on November 1, 2013
This is a heavy gauge tow bracket which appears to be a thicker gauge steel "in person" than in it's Ad. Well worth the price. I use a Hitching Post "multi" hitch on my lawn mower, but needed a "multi" hitch for my ATV as well. I'm glad I bought this one for the ATV as I've mounted it upside down from the Ad's depiction and it's at the perfect height to keep my trailer level when towing with the ATV. It's great to have choices for different applications.
on July 10, 2014
Great fit, great price! Due note this is for ONLY the mount and you do need to purchase a ball. Wouldnt use this for a drop hitch as yes the loop would be in the way of the ball, however on an ATV i wouldnt want the hitch dropped anyway. Secure and solid with included hardware! Will buy again if I ever get a 2nd atv.
on May 12, 2015
Provided good mounting angle, and added turn radius... No amount of torque will keep it from twisting, snapped the original bolt and a grade 8 replacement attempting to find a point it would hold position. Didn't have a super heavy load on it, nor was I backing up. Just would not stay straight, welded a twist plate and extra support to it and put it on a smaller 4 wheeler and ordered the hitchin post for this one.. Spend the money on the hitchin post, freaking awesome!!