Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM

on June 13, 2010
I purchased 3 gauges in a pillar pod from a company. The gauge had like 2 feet of wire for each gauge and each gauge had at least 1 wire that needed to go to the engine compartment for a sender signal. I purchased this 100 foot of wire in black from amazon.com for only 11 with free shipping. It was 16-gauge, which was thicker than I thought. I guess the one I was thinking of was 18-gauge which is just a little thinner. Would have worked better for me because the gauge wiring was at least 24-gauge I believe. That was my mistake though. 16-gauge thickness is about the thickness of a shoelace end, the plastic piece. Just so you know how thick it is. I should have looked it up but I knew 16-gauge would be fine after asking the professional about it. This wire coating is very durable and it isn't too hard or too soft, just in the middle which was perfect for my engine. Anyways, just wanted to let everyone know how great this wire is for the price. I was expecting something cheap since I paid very cheap but it is fantastic stuff. If you go to an auto parts store they'd charge you like 35 dollars for this stuff easily.
on November 12, 2015
Great wire for all the small runs from the fuse block. i use it to fun power/ground's for my crossover and EQ. and the wire has not failed me. this is a great produt. and i will be buying again soon for another car audio install that i am doing. keep up the great work.
on January 27, 2016
This is the 16-gauge wire I used to re-wire my Nerf blasters with. It works well, unlike the scrawny stock wiring, especially with bigger motors and voltage mods. The smaller wires inside the 16 gauge are supposedly better for Nerf motors than solid copper, but as always, you do have to twist them around with a pliers (like a candy cane pattern) so they stay to together before soldering to a point or to another wire.
on February 14, 2014
Wire is of good quality, I would say the strands are medium in size, not super fine like a high quality speaker or audio wire. Perfect for automotive applications. Semi ridge casing that will protect the wire from some chafing in an automotive use. Overall very good.
on November 22, 2015
This is a useful wire to have around. I use it on solar panel projects. They are fairly low wattage so this is a good size wire. The wire is soft and flexible which makes it easy to handle and strip. The coating on the wire is very weather resistant. I have had it outside on a solar panel for over a year and it looks brand new. It is the black color.
on April 9, 2014
Needed it to lengthen some wires in a car that were located in a bad spot that caused em to get pinched. Some of the wires had been cut and most of the other ones had been cut through the insulation and bare wire was showing. Not exactly an ideal situation, especially since one of the wires could make contact with the ground and short out. Wire showed up in good condition, insulation feels sturdy, and was easily cut, stripped, and then spliced with butt connectors. Very happy with my purchase and now have plenty of extra wire to fix any wiring issues me or my friend run into.
on July 3, 2014
Not sure im being fair about this.......because maybe the PVC wire is always like this, but this wire is not at all durable. The PVC is very soft and does not hold up to much. Get nicked and scraped very easily. I used little alligator clips to hold the wire while i was soldering, and they actually pocked holes through the wire jacket. Not what I expected at all. Wish I didnt buy 100' feet.
on June 14, 2014
I needed green and white wire for a project I was doing. I checked local big box stores and their price would make you think it was gold not copper wire. Even with shipping this was cheaper. The wire was used with no problems.
on June 15, 2014
Spools and cable are unmarked. I find it highly unlikely that there is true Coleman cable out there with no marking on it at all....no manufacturer, no temperature specs, nothing.
With that being said, the wire and insulation appear to be good quality and meet my general automotive needs.
on November 13, 2013
There's not a lot more to say on the matter. You get a good quality wire, for a great price with free Amazon Prime shipping.

Used this for hooking up various electronics (lights, 12v plugs, etc...) for my 4x4.