5.0 out of 5 stars Great & compact light with long cord
Published on November 17, 2011 by Amazon Fanatic

2.0 out of 5 stars Lights Up My Garage When Working On My Car
Published on February 3, 2012 by P. Sorornejad

5.0 out of 5 stars Great & compact light with long cord, November 17, 2011
This review is from: Coleman Cable 07775 One-Light 500-Watt Quartz Halogen Light with Hand-Held Pivot-Base (Tools & Home Improvement)
I purchased this light because I needed a portable light source to use in my garage when detailing my car. This thing is great because it is compact, stable, bright & comes with a decent length cord. I've used it to also clean out my garage in nooks where light was none existent. This thing lights everything right up and see all the bugs running away from it. I purchased one as a test, and am going to purchase another. Very satisfied.

Assembly takes about 3 minutes.
1. You have to unscrew the glass cover, install the light bulb (use gloves or a towel so your skin doesn't touch it. Oil lowers bubl life).
2. Insert the cage cover by squeezing it and slipping it through corner place holders.
3. Remove the safety on/off switch covering in the back
4. Lastly you need to connect the base to the handle, tighten up the screw and you're done.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works, adequate quality, May 31, 2011
Jeff Chan (Silicon Valley) - See all my reviews
The light works and the build quality is good, if basic. Paint finish is actually pretty good. Housing is probably cast aluminum. The switch box and glass have waterproofing gaskets and covers. Bulb has no brand name. Like the entire light, it's probably a generic Chinese clone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lights Up My Garage When Working On My Car, February 3, 2012
I needed a nice bight sturdy light when working on my vehicle, and/or working inside my garage. I do have some lighting in the garage, but surely not enough to compensate all four corners, or even (obviously) under my car. I recently had to spend a significant amount of time under the car and in the wheel wells hunting for a suspension related noise and couldn't deal with holding a flashlight and working with one hand, or jamming the flashlight MacGuyver style in an area of the wheel well so that I could use two hands.

I saw this product advertised on my "Recommendations" page so I decided to do some looking. After reading some good reviews and noticing the great price, I decided that it couldn't hurt to try. Needless to say I was VERY impressed with the light output. It does a fantastic job of lighting up my garage, and allows me to actually work all four corners with ample lighting if I place the light high enough. Not only that, but it works fantastically as a detailing tool if you are working to do some color correction on your car's finish.

The only negative would have to be that the power switch is a bit hard to handle, because it is a push in style switch that is placed on the back right below parts of the lamp that get very hot. Also, as mentioned in other reviews, the stand is a bit flimsy, but that isn't really a big deal as the lamp isn't heavy enough to put any significant stresses on it.

Overall a great buy.

Edit (06/23/2012): Not sure what happened, but after some sparing use the light stopped working. I removed the bulb to inspect (with safety precautions as this is a halogen bulb), and I dont see any split coils or burn marks. I am going to buy a replacement bulb in hopes that the unit itself isn't shot. Will post updates.

Edit (08/21/2012): Ok well after a few months of using this I really cannot give my recommendation. Now my previous edit stated that I blew through a light bulb after a few weeks of use. In the meanwhile I have gone out and bought more halogen bulbs and they all burned right out within a few hours of use. Not to mention that I noticed that the heat of the lamp has melted the plastic control box in the back (where the on/off button is housed). I just don't see this as being a very safe light. Maybe I got a defective unit, but just a warning to potential buyers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Coleman Cable Light, January 5, 2012
JOHN D. APICE (Valley stream, NY United States) - See all my reviews
Well it is not a Coleman name brand, Does not say Coleman anywhere. It is made by woods , who ever that is. I wanted Coleman because of the name , I think someone should have told me that is was not a Coleman but anyway i am keeping this because it serves its purpose

3.0 out of 5 stars Lighting - good, Build quality - lacking, July 22, 2011
I needed a light for backdrop lighting in photography. This one does a pretty good job. Very bright. My only complaint is that it seems to be lacking in quality. I've only used it once and so far so good...but I just keep thinking the on/off switch could break at any time since it is completely plastic. They should have put in a metal housing, or at least a stronger plastic. But, like I said, seems good so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars SImply Bright, March 25, 2009
It's typical of Halogen Work Lights. Basic Construction. (Not the best, not the worst)

1/4" Thick plate of protective Glass. Gets hot, but does the job.

Basic, and Simply works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lamp., December 19, 2013
Out Spoken (Spokane, Washington) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my husband for when he is working on our cars. Not only is it bright and really does the job lighting the area, but it also helps heat the area that he is working in during the winter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Puts out a bunch of light and the build is decent, November 28, 2013
Had it over seven months, still on first bulb. Gets occasional use around the house and garage. It's a basic "made in China" tool. More than adequate for home use and a good value for the money.

Everybody should have at least one of these.

4.0 out of 5 stars lots of light for not much $, August 16, 2013
i bought this light to do some simple studio photography in a lightbox at home. one is really all you need as it completely saturates a small space easily. it's easy to adjust and position, the handle/hanger came in very handy when trying to the direction of the light just right.

one caution. this thing gets VERY hot, very quickly. keep it away from anything paper or cloth and never leave it unattended.

it worked great for my application, maybe i'll use it in the garage when working on the car next!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Durable!, July 5, 2013
Shawn (Memphis, TN United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this item for night time basketball practice.
It is very durable and well made. So far so good.

Rate and Discover Movies