Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing

on July 5, 2005
I bought this tent for nice weather camping in Arizona. It is wonderful! Looking for something sturdy and good, but for normal outings. This is perfect. It has a lot of ventilation which is wonderful for warmer weather. May not work as well in cold weather though for that fact. The skylights are just vented, though completly covered once the fly is put up. My favorite feature?? They call it a Cool Port, I call it a doggie door! It's a small door in the back of the tent, my dog (Jack Russell Terrier) was convinced it was designed just for him! It's screened as well, so perfect to keep the screen closed so you can see out and allow extra air at body level while sleeping, but perfect size for a small dog to go in and out. He used it non stop. It was hysterical. People were even commenting on our tent with a 'doggie door'. Other great features included 3 pouches for storing as well as a mesh net at the top.. maybe to hold a light? The doormat at the front is also wonderful to help in keeping the inside clean. Very easy to put up as well. I was very impressed with this tent for the price.
on September 5, 2006
Great tent - see other reviews. Rain fly shock poles are too thin and snapped within 3 days of the tent being set up. I did not overstress them. The rain fly was in place and working perfectly, but within 2 days the poles on the back side of the rainfly snapped and a day later the ones over the front door snapped. I was not even in or near the tent when it occurred. The poles are much thinner than the shock corded poles for the tent itself. Coleman does not offer replacement poles for the rain fly on their website.
on April 28, 2009
I purchased this tent from a local sporting goods store about 5 years ago. It has been used on several weekend camping trips, first with my son, and now with my daughter. We are in the YMCA Adventure Guide/Princess program. The tent has been great, it still looks almost as good as new. Granted, we have not encountered any really severe weather, but it stood tall through several pretty windy (30-35mph) nights. I would recommend this tent for no more than two adults, or 1 adult and two younger kids. It is not a 4 person tent. Me, one of my kids and all our gear is perfect. If your crew is the right size, this is the right tent.
VINE VOICEon September 1, 2008
We've had this tent going on four years, and it has weathered very well. It is comfortably roomy for two, easily fits three (plus bags) and fits a family of four, though with that many it does feel slightly cramped.

Unlike other tents we have owned, this one has a tarp bottom, which keeps out the wet, making it unnecessary to place a ground cloth under neath.

The zippers are great, and never snag. So far, they have withstood much opening and closing to keep the bugs out.

If you like camping, and want a little extra room in your "cabin," this tent does nicely for two or three, and can even handle four. Go for it.
on July 10, 2006
This tent is fantastic for weekend camping!!! It is roomy, airy, and yet still sturdy enough for the mountains. The rain flap is perfect to detach on a clear and starry night, but does it's job well when necessary. Definitely a plus to have for a short weekend recreational trip!!
on December 11, 2007
Tremendously disappointed with Coleman. Received the Coleman Eaglepack tent (which is very similar to this model) as a wedding gift. The first time out one of the rainfly poles snapped. I was very careful because I had read reviews that suggested the poles were fragile. When I called customer service, I told the representative that the pole had broke on the first use. They asked when I received the tent (after giving me a very hard time for not having a receipt) and when I had mentioned that it was several months ago they told me I was lying and that I must have used the tent several times. To make a long, painful story short, I eventually talked to a manager who said they would send replacement poles immediately. After waiting over two months, the poles still had not arrived, so I again called customer service. It ends up they never had shipped the replacement poles and Coleman is now out of replacement poles (many people surely have had the same problem) but they are also out of the tent. The representative said that I would have to ship the tent to Coleman at my expense and they would send this tent brand new as a replacement. After complaining that shipping would certainly be over $15 (and I could have purchased replacement poles for cheaper a few months back) they agreed to pick up the old tent at their expense. I am very confident that when I receive this tent as a replacement the rainfly poles will again break immediately, no matter how careful I am.

Save yourself a lot of trouble: DO NOT BUY A COLEMAN TENT!
on August 20, 2007
I was given the earlier model of this tent for my wedding. I just tried it out for the first time camping on the beach. The first night the main pole snapped and poked a hole in the rain fly. The rain fly poles then snapped which made the tent useless. The weather wasn't bad so there was no reason for any poles to snap. I called Coleman to have the parts replaced. In order to have the defective tent fixed I would have to pay to ship it to them. This would end up costing more than the tent is worth so I have decided never to purchase another Coleman tent again.