5.0 out of 5 stars What I Needed
This is what I needed and seems to be good quality.

Published on November 1, 2008 by Robert Haven

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing
Published on May 29, 2012 by Benjamin Harvey

5.0 out of 5 stars What I Needed, November 1, 2008
Robert Haven (Eugene, Oregon United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Coleman 2000005062 5-Ft. High-Pressure Hose & Adapter (Sports)
This is what I needed and seems to be good quality.

It was hard to tell from the description (here at Amazon and other web sites) if the connectors on this hose were correct for my needs and how it attaches. I ordered it anyway and luckily it is what I needed to connect a propane tank (the type that is normally used for an outdoor grill) to my 25-year old 2-burner Coleman camp stove. One end of this hose has the same connector you find at the top of the small 16oz Coleman propane cylinders -- so it attaches to the metal tube connector that normally goes between a 16oz cylinder and the stove. The other end of this hose attaches to larger propane tanks like the new one I just bought. I don't know what a 20# tank is, but mine is like 3 gallons in size -- the usual kind that people use for outdoor grills. I found out, however, that it does not fit the quick-release connection that I have on a different propane tank that came with my Weber grill. I'll have to see if there's a (quick release) adapter available so that I can use this hose with that other propane tank also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Connects perfect to a grill and a 20lb propane tank, October 19, 2010
Bought this for my portable Weber 386002 Q 100 Portable Propane Gas Grill; works perfectly with 20lb propane tanks.

Works like a charm, but CAUTION: If you plan on disconnecting the 20lb tank with the hose, you may receive some propane blow off. THIS IS OK! It is just the build up within the 5 foot hose.

HOW TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE:
Towards (or at) the end of cooking, close the propane nossel to off while keeping the grill turned on high. This will burn off all the leftover propane in the line. I usually turn it off within 3 minutes left of cooking as to not waste it; sometimes it'll continue burning, slower and slower, for 5 minutes after.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made hose!!, August 15, 2009
This thing is nicely designed and built. Just to emphasize what others have already said - it connects the 20 pound propane tank to the regulator on the stove. *It does not connect directly to the stove - you still need a regulator!* The regulators on the newer stoves are on metal tubes with 45 degree angles, the regulators on the older stoves are on rubber tubes.

It makes so much more sense to use a refillable big propane tank than to dump those little empties in the land fill.

4.0 out of 5 stars pricey, but essential, April 7, 2007
Vinnie Silvagio (State of Jefferson, USA) - See all my reviews
Want to use a tank larger than a pound? Then you need this!

It's a quality part, and will pay for itself after the second 20# tank of propane!

5.0 out of 5 stars Coleman Hose Adapter - For Large Propane Tanks, December 17, 2010
Arthur Senior "Small Engine Mechanic" (A Dimension Beyond Sight & Sound) - See all my reviews
EXPERIENCE: The only problem that I have with Coleman, is that most of their propane gear is designed to use the small propane cylinders. This forces us to spend $25.00 on a high pressure hose adapter. And Coleman knows that you are going to need it, as you can't run a stove for very long on a 16-OZ propane cylinder. I guess for most of you that go camping, wouldn't need this at all. But for those of us using this at home, you need this to hookup to your 20-gallon tank.

I have not had any problem at all with this hose adapter. However, I feel the need to put a warning out there for you folks. This side of the hose which attaches to your propane tank, does not use right handed threads! You must rotate it counter clockwise, to get it to attach to your tank. Get it tight, but not too tight either!

The hose has a nice 5-foot length to it, so this way you can keep your propane tank a good distance away from the stove, I like that. The other end of the hose attaches to your stove via right handed threads, so just go clockwise with that one. I don't even need to open the valve on my propane tank all the way, just one turn is enough.

The stove uses a fixed regulator setting, so no adjustment is necessary. All I have to do, is hold the flame of my barbecue lighter up to the burners, and then open the valves. They ignite almost instantaneously, and then I can began cooking my food. I have had 0 issues with pressure flow, so I believe this hose to be a quality piece.

CONCLUSION: You may not need this hose adapter if you are going on camping trips. However, if you plan to use this at home, you probably should consider getting one. I have had 0-issues with this hose, and I highly recommend it. 5-STARS

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this hose if you have low flame or low heat..., December 29, 2011
Most newer propane tanks have a safety put in to reduce the outgoing gas flow if it senses the gas is flowing out too quickly. The result is a reduced gas flow to the grill. This hose is a high pressure hose which works with portable grills and 20 lb. tanks that should not initiate the safety. If you still have problems, the way to reset the safety is to disconect the hose from the tank with the tank turned off, then reconnect everything and turn on the valve very slowly so the gas will fill the line and build up enough pressure to keep the safety from turning on. Then once the line is filled with gas you can open it up more if needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the perfect fit and function, March 21, 2009
THIS IS A FABULOUS ADD ON FOR ANY GAS GRILL PURCHASED TO USE WITH A SMALL BOTTLE OF PROPANE, IT IS VERY EASY TO FIT INTO ANY LARGE OR SMALL PROPANE TANK BECAUSE OF THE HANDLE. THE PART THAT FITS TO THE GRILL NEEDS TO BE VERY TIGHT THOUGH, IF YOU DON'T TIGHTEN IT VERY WELL THE GAS WILL NOT FLOW INTO GRILL, TAKE THIS IN CONSIDERATION IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET FRUSTRATED WHEN INSTALLING IT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does its job, November 19, 2008
John S. Dean "John" (Sturtevant, WI United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Not much to review here. Only thing it does is let you use a full size propane tank with grills that use the smaller portable propane tanks.

It works, and is long enough to reach.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Hose!, June 7, 2011
Clemente (TEMPLE CITY, CA, US) - See all my reviews
I recently purchased the Paul Jr. Designs Coleman RoadTrip Grill and wanted to connect it to a 20-lb propane gas cylinder. I looked up and found this Coleman High-Pressure Propane Hose and Adapter on Amazon.com, and from the description, it said "Great for use with coleman road trip grills or lanterns." I saw other hoses that were selling at lower prices but I wanted to pair the Grill with the hose from the same company.

I connected the hose to the regulator and connected the regulator to the grill with no problem. Then when I tried to connect the hose to the 20-lb gas cylinder, I found that the threads are left-hand threads (counter-clock wise). Once I realized that, the hose connected to the tank perfectly.

The quality of the hose seems high. The connection was perfect. The steaks were done perfectly. Just remember to shut the tank first after cooking is done before turning off the burners. This will burn off the residual gas left inside the hose.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing, May 29, 2012
Benjamin Harvey (Liverpool, NY, US) - See all my reviews
I purchased this to go with my Coleman Roadtrip grill. I should have tried it before I went camping Memorial Day weekend. The needle valve in the end that connects to the regulator was so far down inside the fitting that the stem on the regulator would not push it in, thus having to resort back to expensive 1lb. throw aways for the weekend. Very dissapointing for a Coleman product. Amazon was fantastic with the return.

Coleman High-Pressure Propane Hose and Adapter