4.0 out of 5 stars People need to take a battery charging class...
Published on May 17, 2011 by W. Coni Jr.

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for. Buy something else.
Published on January 22, 2005 by G. Bloom

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for. Buy something else., January 22, 2005
This review is from: Coleman Powermate (CPMPMD8137) Pro Series - 18 Volt - 4 Piece Cordless Power Tool Kit
The Coleman Powermate PMD8137 Pro Series 18 Volt 4 piece cordless power tool kit is a dog. The reciprocating saw uses an entire battery going through a single 2x4. The 5 3/8" circular saw seemed to work great (aside from the chintzy plastic), until I needed to replace the blade. I bought another blade, but the new one, which is supposed to fit 5 3/8" saws, was slightly too large. The original blade turned out to be 5 1/4". The saw's retractable sheathe also has a lip that extends far enough out that it doesn't automatically push itself up when cutting. I haven't bothered to try the drill or worklight, I just returned the whole set. It's $250 more, but I'll be buying the deWalt set instead.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fair tools, lousy battteries, November 24, 2006
My pal has an old 6 volt drill that can whip this Coleman set without sweating in the least. I got a generic 18 volt battery pack at Harbor Freight and have replaced the cells inside the Coleman's battery packs. The results have been much more satisfying. For the first time ever, these tools now actually work. I cannot recommend buying this set to anybody, but if you are stuck with one, and are handy with a soldering gun, this will cure it's ills for $10 per battery. DG

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst you can ever have., August 28, 2005
Dont even bother to look at it. I bought this set from Costco. I opened the set after a while about 6 months after purchase. Thats the biggest mistake I did, I cant return it anymore. As the other reviewer mentioned reciprocator eats up the whole battery in a small job. The biggest problem I had with this set is the batteries. They loose charge so often that keeping them charged in the box will not help at all in your next job. You have to either plan the next time you requires this toolset so that you can charge the battery an hour in advance or keep it charging at all times if you need them any minute.

I would rather recommend deWalt or Hitachi or Makita any day. Better pay once and have it for life.

3.0 out of 5 stars Better luck than the others, August 3, 2010
I have had much better service than the other reviewers. I have had my set for several years and am still happy with it. I mainly use the drill, the light and the circular saw (in that order) but have had no problems. They don't seem like heavy duty tools but for light use I find them fine. I only paid about $75 for mine new and both batteries are still recharging and holding a charge.

1.0 out of 5 stars horrible sucks, July 19, 2010
i have gone through 3 batteries they dont just discharge they wont even take a charge... and i cant find replacement batteries anywhere.do not buy this set!!!! i wouldnt even put 1 star but the form wont allow

4.0 out of 5 stars People need to take a battery charging class..., May 17, 2011
I see a lot of griping about the battery life on these tools... perhaps thats because folks couldn't be relied upon to read a manual to learn how to charge a battery. I find this set to be awesome for just about any armature project. Reciprocal saw can cut through a 1inch steel pole [not pipe but poll] with ease and doesn't need a battery swap or recharge after a complete job. I bought mine new and have had it for 5+ years now. For a vary long time we did not have lithium batteries. I wonder how rechargeable devices sold? Oh thats because people recharged them properly. I bet you lot have issues with your cell phone batteries too. Good product, follow the 'laws' of physics and chemistry and maybe your batteries will last a long while.