Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Colgate Total Advanced Clean Toothpaste - 5.8 oz
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

75%
25%
Price:$4.92+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on February 22, 2012
ADVANCED CLEAN / DEEP CLEAN
This product is currently undergoing a branding/labeling transition that may be confusing for some. "Advanced Clean" used to be this products varietal name, but Colgate is now applying the "Advanced" labeling to most of the Colgate Total lineup. The new labeling reads "Colgate Total Advanced", and features a prominent gold shield. The variety is now called "Deep Clean"

PACKAGING
Love the stand-up cap, which allows it to be stored on its end -- and take up less space in the medicine cabinet.

TASTE & TEXTURE
The taste is unsurprisingly minty, enough to impart a clean sensation and some lasting freshness, but not so intense it burns or lingers beyond it's welcome. The texture is typical of 'paste' type dentfrices, however it is subtly 'grittier'.

INGREDIENTS & HEALTH CLAIMS
Ingredients are mostly standard fare for mass-market toothpastes, including cleaning agents and fluoride for cavity prevention. There are however a few important differences that make the Colgate Total Advanced range, and the Deep Clean variety in particular unique amongst toothpastes here in the states.

All Colgate Total toothpastes contain triclosan, a skin and mucous membrane-safe germ killing ingredient that you likely already use daily in the form of anti-bacterial soaps, lotions, and sanitizers. When added to toothpaste it helps kill undesirable oral bacteria (the kind that cause plaque, tartar, gingivitis and cavities). Studies have shown that it has no long term detrimental effect on desirable oral flora ('good germs'). Because of the way triclosan works, it is not thought to contribute to anti-biotic resistance. This is the ingredient that is not found in any other (to my knowledge) toothpaste available in the states, and is what allows them to make claims about 12 hours of efficacy.

Unique to the Deep Clean variety is a modified blend of silica (included in virtually all toothpastes as a cleaning and low-abrasion polishing agent). Colgate Advanced Deep Clean contains more silica, and in a wider range of grit, from very fine and undetectable to larger and more noticeably coarse. In my experience, this makes for more effective cleaning, and leaves my teeth feeling polished and glassy-smooth. It also helps prevent and even dislodge some existing tartar buildup between dental visits.

SOFTSCRUB FOR YOUR TEETH
I use this as my daily toothpaste, and while it is slightly grittier than other toothpastes, it is not coarse to the point of harshness or outright abrasiveness. If you have ever tried Pearl Drops or other home tooth polishes, this product is similar in concept but much much gentler and perfectly suitable for everyday use.

IT'S FOR YOU IF...
- You want healthy mouth, teeth and gums with fewer 'bad' germs
- You want to keep tartar from reforming after a good dental cleaning
- You like the feeling of glassy smooth, deeply cleaned teeth

THINK TWICE IF...
- You are triclosan-phobic (I am not, clearly). Some people believe this additive isn't good for you (in toothpaste, handsoap, or anywhere else for that matter)
- You have especially sensitive teeth and gums -- you may want to explore gentler options. If you consider your sensitivity level to be normal to only somewhat sensitive, I think this product would be fine.

RECOMMENDED: Yes.
on September 11, 2012
I started using this toothpaste about a month ago and the very next morning I had tingling in my lips and tongue. By the end of the day my lips were swollen and purple. They itched and continued to swell for 3 days until I finally went to urgent care. Between the doctor and myself we determined it was the new toothpaste I had started using. Well I stopped using it immediately, and got a fresh toothbrush and within 2 days, and the help of steriod cream, I started healing and the swelling down to a minimum. My lips are still discolored at this time but thank goodness I no longer have swollen itchy lips.
on November 16, 2013
I dont buy any colgate products in Japan. I have to import from U.S. They keeps to be good condition of my teeth. Slipper and brisk.
on July 9, 2012
Colgate Total Advanced Clean Toothpaste does a superior job. It has ingredients similar to what is used at the dentist office. My teeth feel really smooth and clean.