5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Satisfied.
Published on February 29, 2008 by Gary Peterson

1.0 out of 5 stars Canker sores galore!
Published on January 16, 2012 by K. Omtvedt

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Satisfied., February 29, 2008
Gary Peterson (San Diego, California USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Have you ever noticed the variety of available toothpastes? It's overwhelming! There are numerous different brands. Some contain peroxide, others baking soda, others abrasives and other exotic potions. It's a wonder some don't come with Sani-Flush as an ingredient. Then all brands seem to have small, medium, large and extra-large sizes. Did I mention travel size and trial size? What's a guy to do?

For years, I just bought one of the half-dozen brands on sale at the local food or drug store. Then, as the toothpaste wars escalated, I bought with freely-dispensed coupons and some supermarkets doubled the value of the coupons. It became such a good deal that some toothpaste was actually free. Well, my coupon days are over and I now shop at a warehouse club store where they have a limited selection but outstanding values. I asked my dentist for advice on the best toothpaste since I was totally confused by all the claims. He suggested that "Colgate Total Whitening Gel" was the best for my particular circumstances (which, by the way, wasn't the brand in the free packet of things I received with cleaning). I also noted that this particular brand/variety was highly rated by Consumer's Reports. It supposedly helped to prevent cavities with fluoride and resisted plaque and tartar buildup, which could lead to gingivitis, all while whitening the teeth. What more could I ask for? I bought a four-pack of tubes (7.8 ounces each). I've been very pleased with the toothpaste and the price was right. Only long-term usage will tell but I'm totally satisfied at this point.

Gary Peterson

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Toothpaste, May 17, 2008
Colgate Total Plus Whitening Toothpaste, 7.8-Ounce Tubes (Pack of 6). This Toothpaste is my favorite.

The first feature is the price, and it is right.

Next, I consider whether it will be neat to use. It is. Sometimes when I buy those new hard plastic containers, they actually get messy. Also I cannot get all the toothpaste out. It is easy to get the paste out of Colgate Total Whitening Paste without spraying it all over the cabinet.

If it does not taste good, I won't use it. Some toothpaste burns my mouth so bad that brushing my teeth is a painful experience. This one doesn't burn. It tastes simply the way toothpaste is supposed to taste.

Whitening is important. This one is supposed ot whiten. After spending money to whiten my teeth, I need a product to help ward off the bad effects of coffee and tea.

Avoiding all kinds of oral pathology is a major consideration. This toothpaste claims that it can help fight cavities, gingivitis, plaque, tartar, and bad breath.

I hope this product stays on the market a long time and does not change.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Toothpaste, February 19, 2012
This review is from: Colgate Total Whitening Gel Toothpaste, 7.8 oz (Pack of 6) (Health and Beauty)
I like to whiten my teeth. This is the perfect toothpaste for whitening. It also cleans my teeth very nicely and makes my mouth feel clean, and fresh. Overall I really like this toothpaste. My morning brushing routine includes Flossing, Brushing, and Mouthwashing. This toothpaste fits in perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best I've ever used, November 26, 2011
Junco (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
I've been using different formulations of Colagte Total for years now. I recently bought Colgate Total Whitening Gel. I really like this one. Unlike some of the other whitening formulations which contain a grit (hard on the gums after awhile), this one has no grit and yet after just a few uses I was sincerely amazed at how white my teeth became. And the same 12-hour gingivitis-fighter Triclosan is still one of the ingredients. I also use a Sonicare toothbrush which only enhances the whitening/plaque destroying results! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Long time colgate user...., June 14, 2011
6 Pack of the Maga Size! Had to buy it, shouldn't need any for a long time. I like the taste as well. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Colgate Total Whitening Gel Toothpaste, April 21, 2011
I have used Colgate Total for years. The taste is great, the freshness in your mouth when finished brushing is wonderful.
Great product! Try it, you'll like it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST toothpaste on the market, February 14, 2010
Amazon Customer (San Jose, Costa Rica) - See all my reviews
I bought the 6-pack of 7.8oz, just for me, over 8 months ago, and 2 tubes still remaining at rate of 3 brushes daily. Really worth it if you buy small tubes frequently. I say this is the best toothpaste because is gel, I can feel it cleans better than the regular paste, then is of the Total 12 hour protection line, its flavor is amazing, really cool and with its whitening ingredients help to keep your teeth on its natural color, THIS IS NOT A WHITENING TREATMENT, so don't expect an outstanding change. And of course, I'll buy it again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Canker sores galore!, January 16, 2012
I have been an avid Crest user for most of my life, for no particular reason except for the fact that Crest was what we had in the house. I went to the dentist about a month ago and they recommended Crest Total because it contains Triclosan which helps with gum health. I went right to the store and started using it, after 2 days I had 5 canker sores! My fiance also used it and the same thing happened to him, multiple canker sores within a couple days of use. I stopped using Colgate and switched back to Crest. The canker sores went away almost immediately with no other treatment.

I now know why that is what we always had in my house! I did some research and it turns out that one of the ingredients in Colgate Total is Sodium Lauryl Sulfate which has been shown to cause canker sores. So if you are having trouble with canker sores look at the ingredient label of your standard toothpaste and if it contains SLS, switch for a few days and see what happens!

Learned my lesson and will never buy Colgate again!!

5.0 out of 5 stars YAY!! WHITE TEETH!!, January 4, 2010
A Kid's Review
My teeth were kinda yellow and icky looking, but then i begged my mom to get me this. YAY!! After about 2 weeks my teeth are shiny and pearly white! As long as I keep using it,(which i have) my teeth are pretty and they stay that way! YAY!! I LOVE THIS TOOTHPASTE PLEASE BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Cancer Sores, February 1, 2014
This toothpaste cleans your teeth good but it is way too strong and causes me to get cancer sores in my mouth. Throwing this out and looking for another brand that is not so harsh and causes painful mouth sores.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›