Customer Discussions > Dead or Alive 5 forum

Collector's Edition?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 25, 2012 12:15:40 PM PDT
Will Amazon be carrying the newly announced collector's edition? I would love to buy it here if so...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 12:33:28 PM PDT
Edwin Ng says:
No they will not be, already announced GS exclusive.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 8:14:32 PM PDT
C. Salas says:
I'd love to order the CE but I refuse to give gamestop my business. I haven't shopped at a gamestop in years and I don't intend to start now. I'll just settle for the standard edition.

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 8:09:39 AM PDT
Ariel says:
I really hate gamestop, why they've all special offers? I don't want to buy any game in that store,

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 8:20:47 AM PDT
Tsukasa117 says:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-12135-Dead-or-Alive-5-Collector-s-Edition-and-Pre-Order-Bonuses-Revealed.html
Heres an article on the press release for the CE its not Gamestop Exclusive they just haven't updated the website here yet they just announces the thing lets not jump to conclusions.

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 10:00:51 AM PDT
Rodrigo says:
I would have pre-ordered the CE right away, but not from Gamestop, I'm not buying from them. I really hate when publishers give them exclusives. Now, I guess I'll be buying the standard, when price goes down...

@ D. Christenson: The information at X360A/PS3T is for the EU release, other sites have already confirmed that the CE is exclusive to Gamestop in NA.
e.g. http://playstationlifestyle.net/2012/06/25/tecmo-koei-announces-dead-or-alive-5-pre-order-bonuses-gamestop-exclusive-collectors-edition/

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 6:33:46 AM PDT
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/dead-or-alive-5-gamestop-exclusive-collectors-edition/103035

It is being definitively called the "Gamestop Exclusive Collector's Edition." I agree that I am not a fan of Gamestop, but I like the idea of the OST and the Steal case, and the hardcover art book and getting the DLC included and early are good bonuses (though I have low expectations for the artbook and the poster). Honestly, for only $20 more, this is a CE being done right, though I would love to see a CE for another $20 more with a high quality statue... (looking at you, Skyrim/Ninja Gaiden 3 CE).

I'm also not entirely sure if the DLC the collector's edition has will contain the same pre-order bonus bathing suits that Gamestop and Amazon are offering separately... I'm assuming it is probably the same, but there has been no confirmation.

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 11:55:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 18, 2012 11:56:49 AM PDT
R-D says:
That Collector's Edition will be $79.99. This is the price for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 Collector's Edition. This is a GameStop Exclusive and GameStop doesn't even price match their non-exclusive games, so you won't be able to price match this one either.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2012 6:06:54 PM PDT
O. Fulgencio says:
Ow come on!!... Amazon needs to do something... we need DOA5 Collectors Edition too. worst decision i've ever saw tecmo. bravo!!

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 12:39:42 PM PDT
Sheex says:
The DLC in the collector's edition is supposed to be a new outfit for each female character...I read somewhere that they're all swimsuits, which is why I've come to think of the GS edition as the SE "Swimsuit Edition," but other places call them sexy outfits, so I don't know if they're all swimsuits or not, but the DLC packaged in the Collector's Edition is not the same as the preorder DLC, which are the DOA Angels and DOA Devils Bunny swimsuits.

If you have a favorite DOA girl between Tina, Ayane and Christie ("DOA Devils" - they each get a black bunny swimsuit from the amazon preorder) or Kasumi, Hitomi and Lei Fang ("DOA Angels" - they each get a white bunny swimsuit from Gamestop's preorder) you can choose which place to preorder from based on that.

If you decided to go to the Dark Side (Gamestop - damn you with your exclusive edition!) like me and get the Gamestop CE, you'll get the DOA Angels swimsuits along with the DLC included in the CE. You could also preorder from here to get the DOA Devils suits if you're so inclined, or both to get all six Bunny suits...but you'll either have to sell a copy or return one. That's what sucks about retailer DLC...and depending on the game, you may or may not have the option to buy that DLC later on. I know they plan to have DLC coming out for DOA5, but I don't know what it will be and if you'll be able to buy the bunny suits (or Gamestop's CE DLC) in the future or not.

Posted on Aug 12, 2012 4:09:43 AM PDT
Bryan says:
Aww stop complaining. Gamestop gets this, Gamestop gets that. Soo, why does it matter? I hate gamestop, but I love Dead or Alive, and have purchased every game so far. So what if the company I hate has an exclusive title, I'm getting it. Suck it up.

Posted on Aug 12, 2012 10:25:15 AM PDT
Animeworld says:
I think I will have to bite the bullet and buy through gamestop. I hope they dont open up the collectors edition and take stuff out they feel are not covered in the sales contract like they did with a Square Enix game not to long ago

Posted on Aug 12, 2012 6:17:33 PM PDT
Y. Navas says:
I bought it through gamestop

Posted on Aug 15, 2012 6:55:01 AM PDT
Sheex says:
I remember that, they took out that coupon that was inside all copies of Deus Ex Human Revolution for PC because it was granting them all a copy on a Steam-like (pretty sure it wasn't for Steam) game client that Gamestop considers a rival. D**k move on their part for sure, but considering that DOA5 is not for PC, there shouldn't be anything in there that they would mess with. Just make sure your copy of the CE is sealed when you pick it up; don't accept any of their opened copies if they try to pawn one of those off on you.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2012 8:17:49 PM PDT
Animeworld says:
I pre-order through gamestop online so I guess my only option is to return back for refund if I think there is any funny business. The thing is all of these retailers have that plastic wrapping machine so it is so hard to tell if anything was open. All I can do is cross my fingers and hope for the best. The whole thing is if it is open for whatever reason then it shouldnt be considered as new.

I hope these extras are not a let down for all this effort.

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 3:03:06 AM PDT
Salvation says:
Do you guys think the CE will sell out ? I might not have enough money to get it day one with me getting the borderlands 2 Ce

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2012 8:06:43 AM PDT
Sheex says:
Hmm...in the past I've seen Gamestop stop taking preorders for collector's editions about two weeks prior to game release, but I'm not sure about this one. I don't know what they do when the CE is store exclusive. They might keep selling them, or they may submit the numbers two weeks prior to ensure the right number of copies arrive. Even so, some clerks still sell people who come in off the street - on day one, mind you - copies that other people preordered. If you're really interested, I'd try and get it if you can on day one just to make sure you have a good chance to get a copy from Gamestop.

If they stop taking preorders before you can get one, you can always go down to your local brick and mortar Gamestop and try to snag someone else's, or check eBay and amazon, as I'm sure you'll see some for $99+, what with sellers buying them up and putting them out there.

Good luck, and Borderlands 2 is gonna be sweet!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2012 12:07:46 AM PDT
Salvation says:
Thank you ilpol try waiting hopefully I can snag a copy

Posted on Sep 2, 2012 9:07:41 AM PDT
Eric Rich says:
What they took out of Deus Ex was an onlive voucher (which is NOT steam like). They also ended up paying everyone that bought a PC copy from them $50, so no, I don't think they'll be doing that again.

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 2:31:09 PM PDT
A.J. Samson says:
Lei Fang is my favorite character, and I'm only remotely interested in getting the extra white bunny costume. I have no interest in spending an extra $20 + tax just for something I'm remotely interested in - not interested in any of the other stuff in the CE. I'll stick with amazon until the end of this year, then when they start charging sales tax in CA, I'm gone.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 4:18:08 AM PDT
Redeemer says:
Gamestop is harsh on the shipping costs, so that's the reason why I don't shop there again. I love getting the collector's edition myself, but since it is Gamestop's Exclusive, I don't think it is worth of our concerns. Gamestop's management has been unethical now. Here, I am happy with the prime membership.

Posted on Sep 14, 2012 6:25:28 AM PDT
You can only get the collectors edition at Gamestop.

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 12:43:34 AM PDT
Frank Wu says:
@ Adam: Amazon already charge tax now, and Dead or Alive 5 won't be released until Sep/25th. Unless there's a compelling reason (such as wanting the Gamestop exclusive collector's edition) besides sales tax in CA, I don't see why you need to stop shopping here. I find Amazon's delivery service to be much faster now. I'm assuming it will be even faster once the big warehouses (2 in California I believe?) are built. I use Amazon Prime now and lately over 50% of my orders I'm getting on the next day instead of 2 days.

@ Redeemer: Gamestop charge a lot for shipping but their stores are littered everywhere so it's rather convenient to pre-order in store depending on your location. I pre-ordered my Collector's Edition at a Gamestop between my house and work. =)

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 8:34:12 AM PDT
Sheex says:
Yeah, we've got two Gamestops here...when one makes me angry due to poor employees, I just go to the next one for a while. The turnover rate is rather high it seems. Anyway, going to the store is the way to go for Gamestop, unless they don't have it in stock anymore and won't get more...plus you can pick it up and have it on day one, so that's always a plus. I used to drive 30 miles to get to a Gamestop, but I'd still do it, if for no other reason than to get out of the house and enjoy the drive.

On the collector's edition...if you're into outfits (moreover, bikinis for the girls) Gamestop's got ya covered, and if you like soundtracks and artbooks, they have that too, if not, you're better off getting the standard. Either place, Gamestop or Amazon, you'll get some cool bunny outfits, it just depends on where you preorder who you'll get them for.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 8:06:19 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 25, 2012 4:21:29 PM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Dead or Alive 5 forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Jun 25, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dead or Alive 5
Dead or Alive 5 by TechnoMarine (PlayStation 3)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (104)