Customer Discussions > Dead Space 2 forum

Collector's Edition?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 3, 2010 1:58:26 PM PDT
JBM says:
Has anything been announced as to a collector's/ Limited edition for this game?

Posted on Aug 23, 2010 8:57:02 AM PDT
James says:
I did read on an EA Press Release that a Limited Edition will be available for the PS3 which will also include an HD version of "Dead Space Extraction" (originally only released on the Wii). I presume PlayStation Move support for both DS2 and DSE in the Limited Edition. Not sure if the same content will be for 360.

Posted on Sep 24, 2010 8:28:59 AM PDT
DRocK says:
They haven't announced the details of the Collectors Edition yet, but have only confirmed that there WILL be one. As far as what is to be included, I know that the developers asked for gamer feedback (via the Dead Space 2 Facebook Page) and a large consensus wants a replica Plasma Cutter. For me, I don't know if that would be the very best... but it would be pretty cool!

Posted on Oct 6, 2010 5:16:12 PM PDT
Papa Smurf says:
Yeah a replica Plasma Cutter would be one of the coolest S.E./C.E items ive ever seen. *Crosses Fingers*

Posted on Oct 13, 2010 6:10:45 AM PDT
Your prayers have been answered:

http://www.devicemag.com/2010/10/12/dead-space-2-collectors-edition-accidentally-revealed-by-amazon/

Now the real question is, who's *not* excited? Cause sample polling says that everyone is excited.

Posted on Oct 13, 2010 9:14:12 AM PDT
@ Joshua Stroder

I saw this story break but now *when* will it show up for sale?? I'd love to get Ignition for free, but I want the pre-order to be for the CE version of Dead Space... hopefully Amazon won't shaft us and make the bonus only available for normal version of the game like they do with the other promotions.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2010 11:24:47 AM PDT
My guess is that the pressure is going to be on EA now to announce this CE, because this story is spreading like wildfire, I've seen it in Kotaku and Escapist about the leak. The Ignition bonus *should* be for all versions, since it is more of an EA promo than an Amazon promo and punishing people who pay more seems silly, but who knows?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2010 11:27:23 AM PDT
James says:
Saw this as well on Kotaku today. Nice set of items.

Posted on Oct 13, 2010 11:45:59 AM PDT
C. Wailes says:
Well after seeing that image, I guess I'm going to just have to wait until they open up pre-orders for the collector's edition before I get my free Ignition download. My god... my very own plasma cutter. I'm going to dance around my darkened house making sound effects and pretending my cat is a necromorph. God I love being an adult.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2010 11:50:08 AM PDT
James says:
@C. Wailes AGREED.

Posted on Oct 13, 2010 11:50:42 AM PDT
DRocK says:
Sweeeeeeet... That's going to be hard to beat; and this 'leak' looks very credible. I haven't ever purchased a CE or LE for my 360, but this is looking like a must-have. Bummer I'm in Mexico where it'll easily run me 30-50% more than it would it the states, but I think I'm going to have to throw down for this. I've got several months to save up, after all :)

Posted on Oct 14, 2010 6:08:41 AM PDT
EA folded like a deck of cards, the collector's edition was officially announced today. I am guessing the retailers will start getting their preorders in line within the next two days. I wonder how long they would have waited to announce this without the leak? Which really makes you wonder if it was really a leak at all.

Posted on Oct 15, 2010 9:25:12 AM PDT
C. Tisher says:
How come gamestop has their pre-order for the collector's edition up, but not amazon?? I hope they put it up soon....

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2010 11:53:05 AM PDT
DRocK says:
Don't know why Amazon doesn't have it up yet (..IGN stated that the price wasn't announced yet..). But regardless, if the pricing Gamestop has it up for ($80) is accurate, I'll be a happy camper.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2010 1:37:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 15, 2010 1:38:01 PM PDT
It has been officially confirmed that the CE with the replica Plasma Cutter is a North America exclusive and the price is $79.99.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2010 1:44:58 PM PDT
DRocK says:
Sweet, I should still be able a pick up a copy in Mexico then, Thanks D. Flotte :) It'll probably run in the neighborhood of $100+ here but whatever. If not I guess I could just order a copy on Amazon and have it waiting for me next time I go back home, but that could be awhile... I just played through my 2nd run on the original last night and I think I'll have to fire it up again in anticipation for my soon-to-come CE. This time it's impossible mode and plasma cutter only; I still have two achievements left :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2010 6:19:28 AM PDT
It should be available here but it's not yet.
Here are some packaging details: http://helldescent.com/2010/10/15/dead-space-2-collectors-edition-detailed/

Posted on Oct 16, 2010 11:43:30 AM PDT
ob1 says:
What is taking Amazon so long to list this? They leaked the picture earlier this week, and GameStop has it for pre-order. I would like to pre-order the CE and cancel my order for the regular edition.

Posted on Oct 16, 2010 1:07:25 PM PDT
I feel like Amazon is really slow in getting their CE up for pre-order

Posted on Oct 18, 2010 12:07:31 PM PDT
ob1 says:
It's now available... Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition Amazon.com has a separate listing for the Collector's Editions.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2010 4:12:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 18, 2010 4:12:33 PM PDT
Thats weird that it has a separate listing, the release date is different too.

Posted on Oct 19, 2010 7:38:27 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 19, 2010 4:46:21 PM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Dead Space 2 forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Jul 3, 2010
Latest post:  Oct 19, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dead Space 2
Dead Space 2 by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (281)