Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

on March 29, 2016
Wonderful information and pictures!
on August 19, 2015
Nice addition to my doll library.
on December 11, 2014
Great book. Very informative. Damaged in shipping unfortunately.
on June 19, 2014
If you're interested in composition dolls at all, this book is necessary (as is volume 2). Most of the manufacturers included aren't covered in other reference books.

It's well-researched, and a wealth of information. It's hard to stay on track to look for one thing, as you're continually distracted by other interesting entries.
on May 28, 2014
One of the best reference books I have purchased. Full of wonderful information and is so beneficial in the restoration and repair of dolls along with the identification of dolls.
on August 11, 2013
Large amount of wonderful information on composition dolls. Listed by manufacturers,
information easy to find. This lady really knows her subject.
on April 3, 2012
I utilize this book at antiquechild.com as a great reference resource for my students during my restoration seminars. The photos are clear and large with lots of closups for details. The descriptions include markings on the dolls and original clothing as well as history about the maker company.
on May 12, 2011
Love this book and it has helped me enormously in identifying dolls I knew nothing about. There is always something missing in a book, but I was able to go close in identifying some that were unmarked and common. Great book but you need vol 2 as well.
on April 8, 2010
I couldn't wait to recieve my book and luckily wasn't disappointed by the fast delivery time and the book was so beautifully displayed I couldn't wait to open it. I really was impressed with the Composition Dolls 1900 - 1950 book. I already had the volume II book. This book has beautiful pictures and alot of information on dolls that were not in volume II book. I found it not only entertaining but very useful Collector's Encyclopedia of Composition Dolls I (Collector's Encyclopedia of American Composition Dolls)for my doll collecting.
on June 14, 2007
I have the other Ursula R. Mertz book on compo dolls and both are just great! I would recommend both books!

1) Photos: Large, bright, highly detailed!

2) Descriptions: Very accurate. Ursula is probably one of the most knowledgeable people on this subject around today!

3) Well written. Well researched.