5.0 out of 5 stars a great book
Buy this book! It can save you tons of money for college. Reading this book even helped me decide what type of college was best for me by narrowing down my financial options.
Published on October 11, 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars Of little or no use at all. I tried ...
Of little or no use at all. I tried all that they were trying to teach me and found that most of it just doesn't work anymore.
Published 3 months ago by Karl Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars a great book, October 11, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: College Financial Aid For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech)) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I have found on subject!, November 19, 2002
C. Craddock "sascec" (Cary, NC United States) - See all my reviews
I have read six books on college financial aid and this is the hands down winner. It has everything you need to plan and execute a faultless fiancial aid strategy. I checked this out of the library but I am buying my own copy. It is a good read and a good reference. It has all the secrets to getting the most financial aid possilbe with web sites of places to get more info.
If someone finds a better book for parents, please let me know!

5.0 out of 5 stars This guidance counselor loves them!, September 13, 2001
I have been a high school guidance counselor for 20 years. This book really explains the FAFSA process to my students and their parents, I highly reccomend it! Also love College planning for dummies. It really simplifies the college admissions process and search journey for my kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars This guidance counselor loves them!!, September 13, 2001
I have been a high school guidance counselor for 20 years. This book really explains the FAFSA process to my students and their parents, I highly reccomend it!!Also love College planning for dummies. It really simplifies the college admissions process and search journey for my kids.

4.0 out of 5 stars College Financial Aid for Dummies, September 17, 2010
I was considering going back to school to improve on skills for reentry into the workforce so bought this book to learn of my financial aid options. This is a comprehensive review of what is entailed in financing a college education. The book seemed to offer strategy focus for the high school student preparing to go to college as opposed to an older person like myself going back to college to prepare for a new career. All of the information you need is in there though and it did help demystify the process. As a result from reading this book, I decided that with the given economy, my age when I graduated and the length of time to pay off student loans, that it would not be viable for me at this time. College Financial Aid for Dummies gave me the information I needed to make an informed decision. Rating 4 stars out of 5 as the book is geared for youth, but still good information. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart way to find out about getting money for college, February 11, 1999
By A Customer
I very much appreciated reading Dr. Davis' book. I found the personalized writing style to be reassuring and supportive in understanding and addressing the decisions, procedures, and forms that parents and students face in coping with the college tuition crisis. The information has helped me become a better educated consumer in the college financial aid process.

1.0 out of 5 stars Of little or no use at all. I tried ..., September 14, 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sure why I got this, September 8, 2013
I bought it because it was cheap and I was looking for something new about how to apply for financial aid for my daughter going to a very expensive college for the first year.

I learned nothing. It was completely unhelpful directing me basically to loans, which is widely available (in much greater detail) on the internet with one google search.

I hoped that it would have help me out with different types of loans (like the ONE loan for example) but I really came away with nothing. If you can get a copy at the library I'd check it out, but if you're looking to save money, I would suggest you start by not paying full price for this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, October 14, 2014
rachbick (downtown los angeles) - See all my reviews
not as helpful as i've found other books in this series to be

College Financial Aid For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech))
College Financial Aid For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech)) by Joyce Lain Kennedy (Paperback - July 15, 1999)
Used & New from: $4.36